Ideas on a Journal/Diary

LittlePebble

When I began with my first Tulpa Seria I mainly wrote dialogue, but eventually I started to include thoughts and feelings. I even created an atmosphere through description. The downside though is that this turns into creative writing. This is not really a bad thing, but I kind of want to make something unique for my Tulpas to work with.

So I am curios if any of you write to your Tulpas in a diary. Do you write it as if you were role playing? Example you write the name every time one says something. Or do you write it more like a story? Back when I was writing daily I was able to forget I was writing and I was there like it was real to me. 

So needless to say I am looking for ideas in order to try and achieve this again.

So I am curios if any of you write to your Tulpas in a diary. Do you write it as if you were role playing? Example you write the name every time one says something. Or do you write it more like a story? Back when I was writing daily I was able to forget I was writing and I was there like it was real to me. 

So needless to say I am looking for ideas in order to try and achieve this again.

Hm, yes yes.  We do it all.  I write every day, which includes a journal for every day my Tulpae have been with me.  I put everything in our PR though (link in my signature).  

I read some of your public diary and I read you are writing a book, but I'n not sure what kind of book, or your skill level, so this may not all apply to you.  I have written fiction and non-fiction, and when I first started I found this source pretty useful to overcome writer's block or just to get organized.

The major idea is to start from the top down, but you could easily go from the bottom up.   Keeping organized is much easier with top-down (I used to do this, but now I like free-writing, since I can free-write and yet still somehow come up with a cohesive work.  Sadly, I don't know how I do that, so I can't tell anyone how to do it.).  

NOVEL SNOWFLAKE TECHNIQUE

We role play a little since Tulpae can really do anything they want and be anyone they want (shape shift).  I always consider them to be them though, even if they are playing a character from some show (they act and sound like this character), it's still them.

In my journal, more than half the time, I write our dialog.  We talk and play and I write it all down as we go.  I'm a fast typist, but it's not necessary because as we pause for me to capture what was said and done, and we enjoy the moment together.  Writing for me is both exciting and relaxing so needless to say it's something I enjoy.  I do it for hours a day, every day.

I have the opposite problem to writer's block now, I have not experienced that layely. Instead, when I'm writing a novel, I just keep writing and writing... and writing.  I'll have a great scene and a compelling story, then I'll have a huge chunk of very important backstory or other seemingly relevant text that slows the reader way down.  I need to incorporate these little tidbits into the more interesting parts.  I sometimes have trouble with brevity, but at least I'm having fun anyway.

If you get into the habit of writing every day (and reading other's works as well even if it's just 1 page from a novel, but every day), even if it's nonsense or a short poem or even a Haiku, you will gain huge benefits to your ability to write.

Good luck!  Also, feel free to join us in the games! HUGE PLUG... I am insatiable there.

When I began with my first Tulpa Seria I mainly wrote dialogue, but eventually I started to include thoughts and feelings. I even created an atmosphere through description. The downside though is that this turns into creative writing. This is not really a bad thing, but I kind of want to make something unique for my Tulpas to work with.

Before I knew Ranger was a Tulpa, I used to role play with him in the wonderland. I did move away from rping once I started to focus on just talking to him, then Ranger and I made a lot of progress.

I don't think rps are bad since it makes going to your wonderland and forcing your Tulpæ sound exciting. If you decide that works for you, have at it! If you want, write about what you guys do there or give some descriptions of your wonderland.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account