waffles

New GAT contributors/manager/future

Do you mean rejoining the GAT and voting on guides as well, or just managing without voting? I would prefer for the manager to be active doing guide stuff as well, since most of the day-to-day is really corralling people and making decisions on guides - I guess Apollo fits that bill. Otherwise, I guess having a manager at all is better than me, who neither votes nor manages right now. This goes for Tewi too.

The former, but if Apollo is eager to handle things I don't think he'd be a bad choice, same for Tewi. Their contributions are consistently good, so consider them before me.

The former, but if Apollo is eager to handle things I don't think he'd be a bad choice, same for Tewi. Their contributions are consistently good, so consider them before me.

I'd only take a position like that out of necessity. You're better suited, already being an admin and all.

So how many guides should I look through? There's 90+ and most are very old, I feel like I'd be necroing threads. If anyone would like me to look at their guide, feel free to PM me.

Try just the ones posted this year maybe, excluding ones where a GAT member requested a change/additions and the OP did not edit their submission afterward. Those are abandoned, at least temporarily.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

As a request I'd like if people reviewed that essay that I wrote. Though I'm not sure how I'll handle my own submissions if I become GAT manager? Perhaps I'll just have to wait for others on the GAT to tell me that it's good to move it, since I don't want to be biased.

I'm Apollo Fire, the "Sun God" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa created December 2016. My systemmates are RadioPiano, & Indigo. Form images: 1 2

I'd like Luminesce's system to be the GAT manager. I know they don't even particularly want to be on the GAT, but I really think they're the perfect fit.

They're highly active on the forum, first, though that's just a prerequisite. Though actual seeing and knowing about every new guide is a big deal for the managerial position. Also, I think Luminesce's tulpas have the capability of calling the GAT to action to approve new guides. Why? Because they already do. They already fit and perform the role plenty fine, they just need the title now.

I know you're not big on the idea of approving/ disapproving guides, but really all you need to do is keep critiquing people until they make all the changes you think are necessary, which you already do anyways. All you need to do now is add the word "approved" to your posts after you say something along the lines of "this is good"

The System:

It's too big.

ha, that's what she said.

Rather Vos do it if she's willing. Similar to moderating, our system isn't good at taking action when probably appropriate because we're very lenient. We're also surprisingly inactive in the Guides&Submissions department historically because our interest lies more in answering questions and participating in discussions than content that just sits there. For the thousands of posts we've read over the years, we've not read more than a few guides the entire time.

Unofficially we'll still do what needs to be done when we see something that needs doing. That's our real role.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Instead of voting in new members once a year that end up disappearing, we could treat it like the mentorship program where anyone who's interested can hop in, assuming that existing GAT members agree that they fit the role. I don't see any issues with the current voting system as long as we're able to get more people interested in this. For better communication I could make a GAT-only channel locked behind a role (or a separate server entirely) like the old IRC one, although the latter seems like a better option for organization. 

I wouldn't mind the mentorship part. Even if that means I need to stick around for two years before entering a GAT position, I'm fine with that.

Pretty much my main wonderland form minus the cat parts, that's a separate form. I'm not a hippo, I promise.

I sometimes speak in pink and Ranger sometimes speaks in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). He loves to chat.

My other Tulpas have their own account now.

Alright, I think it's time things get going with the GAT. I've come up with some ways it can be changed. Mods are coming around to review my ideas. I'm gonna post them here so forum users can see too.

My idea is that there will be two GAT "managers." Their job will be as follows:

1. Host a "recruitment" thread for members to make their case on why they should be GAT members. Users can also make a case for or against another user to be a GAT member in this thread. Alternatively, they may do it in PMs with one of the recruiters.

2. Discuss and approve new members to join. Remove members who are inactive. There will be a revolving door of members joining or leaving, rather than having a single roster that doesn't get changed.

3. "Officially" put guides up for review, in some sort of private board or channel. The GAT members are alerted and begin discussing it and leaving their critiques. This will be done one guide at a time. Once a guide is finished being reviewed (either by being approved by consensus or disapproved), they will move on to the next guide. This way, they can all focus their energy on a single submission at a time. OPs of the guides will be notified when the GAT is going to review their guide.

4. Make a list of the guides that need to go up for review and what order they'll be done it. If the review period for a guide ends without it getting approved, the OP may request their guide get put on the list again.

The reason there will be two will be so that they can discuss decisions amongst each other to eliminate bias, fill in for the other if the other is inactive, and ensure the GAT doesn't die again. Having the GAT manager be only one person didn't really work out when that one person went inactive.

The job of the GAT members (and managers) will be as follows:

1. Stay active in the community. Long term inactivity will result in removal. This includes the managers. They can be re-added when they come back, if they ask.

2. Discuss new members when they apply to join.

3. Review the submissions, of course, when they are notified to do so. They may opt-out of certain submissions if they choose.

4. Come to some sort of consensus on whether or not a guide should be approved, or the OP needs to keep working on it. They'll decide when the review period for a submission is over and it's time to go to the next one.

Or, perhaps it won't be a "private" board where people get notified, so people not on the GAT will know that they can toss in their critiques too. It would probably be that the GAT managers will put their list in a thread, and post to the thread when the list gets changed or when the next guide needs to go up for review. At the very least, there needs to be some way to alert the GAT members, be it through a special role on Discord or by them seeing the thread get posted on. I know there's going to be some GAT members who don't use the forums and some who don't use the Discord. 

I'm Apollo Fire, the "Sun God" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa created December 2016. My systemmates are RadioPiano, & Indigo. Form images: 1 2

I read the rest of the thread before your post, and learned something new. I thought only GAT members were allowed to respond to people's submissions.

Your ideas sound great. GAT members could also be alerted via PMs or even an email list. I hope the GAT can be successfully brought to its full glory!

-J

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."