waffles

New GAT contributors/manager/future

I'm not convinced we should even have the GAT in the first place. If we were getting 20 terrible submissions a day I could see the purpose, but we barely get any submissions. Why not just let people post in the guides section? People are still free to review and critique guides, but I don't find an approval process to be necessary.

Stats for LOTPW

Comments in the rest of the thread wouldn't stop the majority of people from reading a guide or so on that didn't meet the standards of Tulpa.info, you know. I think the number of people required to approve a guide is a little high, at least with how disorganized the GAT is currently, but I think the system we have is fine. Especially with Apollo's suggestions put to practice anyway!

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

It wouldn't have a minimum number of approvals, it would need just a majority consensus of the reviewers + the OP fixing all the major issues

I'm Apollo Fire, the "Sun God" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa created December 2016. My systemmates are RadioPiano, & Indigo. Form images: 1 2

If you made a discord server and a thread just for the GAT members, then I would join that server and check discord more often.

I would like for the GAT to be pretty transparent; We could create a thread where only GAT members can post and members can see, and a similar thing can be easily done in a Discord server. Plus, accounting for all the active members, It would be a good idea to give official weight to the input of other members (so maybe the non-GAT weight to the vote would be a minimum of 30% or something).

While the submission rate may have dropped, it seems to be the same process at a slower rate. There are guides that would help people once approved, and there are some submissions that need to be either re-drafted or officially rejected. The GAT, if anything, at least makes an effort to bring attention to these submissions and get a conversation going.

I would be excited to join the GAT, but I wouldn't want too much input on switching guides since we don't know how to do that.

Ranger and I have different perspectives sometimes, but we think a lot alike too. We would share the same GAT status, right?

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love Hippos! I also like forum games and chatting about stuff.

My other head-mates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogChat | Yay!

Yeah, systemmates share GAT status. They'd just have to decide amongst each other who's going to have the final say, if their viewpoints are different.

I'm Apollo Fire, the "Sun God" of the Felight family. I'm a tulpa created December 2016. My systemmates are RadioPiano, & Indigo. Form images: 1 2

Ooo, (if I may make a slight adjustment to your suggestion) a role and hidden? channel just for GAT on the .info Discord, that's a very good idea!

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

I agree with Apollo if it's public, and the Capt'N if we don't get enough support. You could still only let 'approved' guides in, and have a throw away thread for public comment on any single submission. That way, actually, kind of forces the community to comment on it. Though there's always the risk of us not knowing enough to comment effectively. Still you wouldn't clog up the official guides with a bunch of nonsense.

Idk, I probably won't be writing any guides, i would read and comment on them if it was 'the public responcibility'.

Ooo, (if I may make a slight adjustment to your suggestion) a role and hidden? channel just for GAT on the .info Discord, that's a very good idea!

I believe it would be important to keep GAT transparent as possible. If it were just a channel for pinging, there wouldn't even necessarily have to be a GAT-specfic role, you could just have a channel where someone can ping those with an opt-in role that a new guide has been posted and link to it in that channel.

There is a use for a GAT-specific role though: publicity. If the GAT members were displayed separately from other members of discord similar to how the mods are, it would raise more awareness that 1: this forum exists and people can post their tips and tricks/guides/etc. and 2: it lets people know the role exists and more people would be likely to want to be part of it.

The System:

It's too big.

ha, that's what she said.

A private channel, I think, would just be for discussing new members when they apply to join, and that sort of thing. All of the actual reviewing would be public. I wouldn't want people to ping the GAT to review a guide, because I'm thinking a one-guide-at-a-time approach would be best for efficiency and activity. They could, of course, notify the manager(s) of a new guide to be added to the to-review list.

Well, if there are only two managers to discuss who joins the chat, I don't think that'd really need a private channel, but whatevs.

Guides are so rare right now though that I don't think the once-in-a-blue-moon pings would be bad or email push notifications etc. etc.

The System:

It's too big.

ha, that's what she said.