Tulpae Weekly Progress

CarsonGreene

We have revisited this topic on average about once per week. This does not mean any more than one or two of us has ever considered it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 16

Things are coming along slowly, but steadily. My visualization skills have improved even further (though they were always pretty good). Rava and Inca are slowly deviating more, and coming into their own. We don't really have much to say for today, so I'm going to post a ranking of our tulpamancy skills so far..

Visualization 8.5/10

Possession 6/10

Imposition 5.5/10

Parallel Processing 4.5/10

Switching 0/10 (sadly)

Host - Me

Tulpas -  RavaInca, Elizabeth, CaydeNicolePalma.

I'mma rant a bit here.. Our host is fucking addicted to her computer, and she hates it. She constantly talks about how much she hates it and how she wished she could spend less time on it, and more time with us.. But because of her deep lack of motivation she can't make the effort to stay off the computer. Me and Rava have been trying to find a way to help her, but it's not going well so far. We've tried to show her how unhappy she is when on her computer, and how happy she is when visiting us in the mindscape or hanging with family. She understands what we're saying and agrees with it.. But can't do anything about it.

I'm hoping we can do a schedule of times that she can be on her computer, and times that she can't.. We'll have to wait and see how well it goes.

Host - Me

Sorry to hear that. I hope the schedule works for you guys. One thing I do on my computer is turn off the wifi and untick the "automatically connect to wifi" box. That way, there's another step if I want to get on the internet. A few years ago I really went through and changed my tech habits, and a lot of it boiled down to making it less accessible. Phones and computers go out of sight in drawers or shelves when not in use, and completely shut down your computer when it's not in use... if you want to use the internet, use it with a reason in mind.

Those are my tips, I hope they are useful to you in some way.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Sorry to hear that. I hope the schedule works for you guys. One thing I do on my computer is turn off the wifi and untick the "automatically connect to wifi" box. That way, there's another step if I want to get on the internet. A few years ago I really went through and changed my tech habits, and a lot of it boiled down to making it less accessible. Phones and computers go out of sight in drawers or shelves when not in use, and completely shut down your computer when it's not in use... if you want to use the internet, use it with a reason in mind.

Those are my tips, I hope they are useful to you in some way.

-J

These are actually really good tips, thank you! We've tried the hiding electronics thing, and it seems to a help a bit. We'll try out the others today!

Host - Me

I was too lazy to post a status update yesterday, so I'm doings yesterday's and today's.

Day 17

Not a whole lot happened for the first few hours of this day.. But Inca had been having a lot of self doubts, and at around 8:00 pm we discovered he had dissipated himself.. Rava hasn't been dealing with it very well.

He left a note and everything..

Day 18

We brought Inca back! We found his essence in his home, and reformed him. He's been doing a lot better and doesn't really understand why he dissipated himself, so we may never know.

Host - Me

I'm glad to hear you found him and put him back. I wouldn't put too much weight on it, it could have been an intrusive notion.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated in a bit because there really wasn't a whole lot to say.

Day 26

Today Rava chose a completely distinct voice of her own, instead of using a slightly more feminine version of mine. Her voice seems to be mostly inspired by an actor from the blacklist, Megan Boone (I dunno why). Inca hasn't yet chosen his own voice, but is currently using a slight variant of mine, as Rava did. Also, for quite a while I've been able to know what Rava was wearing before I saw it, but now it's a complete surprise every time. I'm thinking this is a good sign? She previously mostly wore jeans and a grey-ish shirt.

For reasons we won't divulge for some time, Inca and me have fervently been practicing switching. So far we haven't made a whole lot of progress, besides me dissociating myself from my body.

And lastly.. Me, Rava, and Inca are really getting started on a language learning experiment. Me and Rava are learning French together, while Inca and I are learning German.

Host - Me

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Ooo language learning. Lance took French back in high school and forgot like 99% of it. He tried to take Japanese 101.. 3 different times, and for various reasons each time ended up dropping out with no credit. Aaaand forgot most of it. We are restarting to learn Japanese together, this time with me keeping a fire lit under his butt so we can converse together and practice with each other for better skill gain+retention. You guys meanwhile are taking two languages at once, with you in the middle of both? Whoa. Rava, Inca, keep Carson working hard!

Let's all do our best! Ganbarimashou!