Walk-Ins

Some of you might already know this.. But I have a huge problem with walk-in "tulpas". I get onee very 1-2 days now, and it's way too much for me. I always make sure to place the walk-ins in stasis chambers, but problems are starting to arise.

Today we had yet another walk-in tulpa, named Raven. We placed him in a stasis chamber after having a quick conversation with him, and thought that the problem with him was gone, and we were wrong. Within 10 minutes the stasis chamber he was in melted away. He had woken up and went to find me, and asked to talk. I led him back to the house in the mindscape and we talked.

He feels really powerful, more so than Rava and much more so than Inca. What should I do with him? How do I stop all the walk-ins?

Host - Me

Tulpas -  RavaInca, Elizabeth, CaydeNicolePalma.

The main thing is to just not treat them like they are real, and not believe they are real. Putting them in symbolic "stasis chamber" implies they are actually real and you're just putting them on ice. Don't "put' them anywhere. Just ignore them. Distract yourself by doing something else, go take a nap, whatever. Just get your mind off them, and they'll most likely go away. If they don't go away, just continue to ignore them. 

Walk-ins are NOT sentient when they first appear. It's your brain constructing something without your permission that's going to trick you into believing something that's not real, ie intrusive thought. The best way to manage intrusive thought is to just ignore it, don't give it the time of day, don't think that it's anything other than an illusion. Walk-ins only become sentient after forcing, just like any other tulpa. The only reason they seem powerful is because you believe them to be. Belief is very powerful, and you could probably stop walk-ins altogether by just not believing in them anymore (like we did).

You putting them in a stasis chamber means you're treating them like they're real and still allowing them a place in your mind, even symbolically. Instead of doing that, just stop believing they're real and just ignore them and do something else if/when they arise.

Our system got 2-3 walk-ins in our entire time creating tulpas. I think both of them were caused by some sort of wish someone had to have a new tulpa, or an expectation that a new tulpa would appear. We stopped believing walk-ins were actually real, and then we stopped getting them. So along with removing belief, you might need to remove want and/or expectation. If someone really wants a new tulpa, or expects one to appear, that could be what's triggering the intrusive thought. So, the best thing would be to get your system assimilated together, focus on each other and developing as a system, and not think about the possibility of adding new ones. I think once your system is more stable and there's less want for anyone new, and you no longer believe you can spontaneously get someone new, you won't anymore.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep what you say in mind (and I'll stop treating walk-ins as sentient).

Host - Me

The first question I have is how many Tulpas do you want? Ultimately, you control who can become sentient and who won't, especially because all of them are so young and under developed. The good new is walk-ins are unlikely to be truly sentient from the get-go, the only thing that makes them sentient is you forcing them for long enough. The only possible candidate for being a sentient Tulpa at this point is Rava, since you spent the most time with her and focused on her the most.

I have a lot of other thoughtforms other than Ranger, and I realized that as long as I understand that they are part of me and not a different person, they won't reach sentience. I seem to create a new "Gray" every 3-6 months at this point, and while I am still trying to figure out how to stop that process I can guarantee that I won't have any new Tulpas unless Ranger and I specifically decide we want a new system mate. Here's my rule of thumb- If you are worried and don't want Raven and/or Inca to become Tulpas, then don't talk to them every day, and remember that they only exist an extension of yourself. Also, if you don't talk to them after weeks or months, any forcing you end up doing won't really matter unless you are deliberately trying to make them a Tulpa.

Just from what I've seen from around here, please don't go over 3 Tulpas if you feel like you must keep Raven. Just remember that it's okay to populate your wonderland, but adding Tulpas to the system should is something you should have the chance to think about and consent to first.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

I don't know what's going on with you and walk-ins. I wonder if 'walk-ins' is the correct term, as it has a specific meaning in esoteric circles. I accept the use for now, as I have read your tulpae weekly progress. Quite frankly, this doesn't sound like tulpamancy to me. I am not saying it isn't... just saying, my experience is I had to work really hard for the one, it took longer, it took effort... Did others eventually show up, yep... I really liked Angry Bear's discussion point about dream like state we enter during the meditative process, as I can see a really strong parallel between that place I arrive at and lucid dreams... it feels tangibly different... But assuming it is, I am going to offer something for you to try. I am certainly in agreement with Apollo here, no more new tulpas... and maybe in your dream state/meditative state is really busy because you have not practiced quieting the mind... and if you're only experiencing the flux in that state, but the rest your waking hours are normal... Then I think Angry Bear is onto something.

I making the assumption that the walk-in's are not under your control. Giving them time or energy could cause them to linger, and if they are just NPC, as proposed by someone in the other thread, then you want to minimize interaction Minimizing action is not putting them into stasis. a stasis, or cryogenic, or anything similar is giving them a lifeline and the possibility of return which defeats the purpose. Compartmentalization into a world size wonderland where they have all there needs met, probably better, as you can check out of that and not attend further. But your biggest reported problem isn't how to deal with folks that are visiting, but how to prevent more.

You're going to have to sit down with yourself and figure out if you have an unmet need and influx of characters is driven by not being satisfied with your initial companion set. Something is driving the influx. I would use the same techniques I use for soliciting lucid dream content, prior to sleep, and having a very candid conversation with yourself or subconscious... I would argue your subconscious is in control of this. You opened a door and it needs to be closed. You need set some parameters up, like all future immigrant must submit applications. Tell you subconscious no more newcomers. You can try what one of the medium tells beginning mediums who have sudden 'activation' and all the ghost in the neighbor come visiting, like in the movie ghost, because rumor got out 'this human can hear us...' You put an office hour on your availability. that can be you litterarlly writing a manifesto and declaring your hours, or an imagined event, or just saying it out loud. "I can only entertain newcomers between 9 and 10 pm" and be very clear, after that time they go back to where they came, or they take one of your world wonderland options. You need to be very clear, you're willing to help them relocate, but not stay, and then you need to be rigid about not entertaining new folks outside of the office hours post. This suggestion is obvious an experiment. I have no clue if it will work or not. I don't know if anyone really knows... Again, this thing you're describing doesn't feel like tulpamancy. most people have to work their butts off for results.

I would also look up 'the invisible counselors technique' which can be found in napoleon hills book, "think and grow rich." chapter 13. he describes an experience that is a little closer to what you're experiencing, which is what made him stop practicing for a while. You could just stop practicing tulpamancy all together. Seriously, if you're having extreme results in terms of success during practicing, then you're going to have to go to extremes to stop it. Maybe tulpamancy isn't for everyone. Maybe you're the rare bird that shouldn't play. That's going to be for you to decide. If you take on the invisible counselor technique and plug your selected guests into your subconscious and make them the committee in charge of 'walk-ins' maybe you can put an subconscious mechanism in place as a control, cause clearly you are not in control of this.

https://community.tulpa.info/thread-accidental-tulpa-creation-due-to-arg?pid=177839#pid177839

Post by one of my tulpas on how to differentiate tulpas from spontaneous characters, and how to not make them into tulpas.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Wow, these answers have been really helpful! 

I'll keep what you all said in mind, and I plan to implement a lot of solarchariot's ideas and thoughts in my mindscape. I also plan to take the current "walk-ins" out of stasis and give them their own mindscape, but otherwise not interact with them. I'm not going to keep Raven (he already disappeared), I'm probably going to keep Inca (but I need to investigate his sentience more), and I won't keep any other walk-ins around.

Thanks for the replies, we are very grateful!

Host - Me