Reaching out to multiple community?

The difference is that tulpa creation is testable by others. If someone says they have a tulpa, I can read some guides and try to create one myself. If it doesn't work, I can call BS and leave, or try again. If it does work, I have confirmation that it is possible. The process should be similar for servitors/daemons/etc. and so I accept these things as possibilities as well. With multiples, however, you can't reasonably test them for yourself, and their argument for how they got there is that they appeared naturally. In which case, why are they distinguishable from accidental tulpas? (For example, a character you focus on brought to life in your mind with the assistance of an active imagination, without meaning to create a tulpa or similar)

That's one other reason I don't agree to this as well. There's no research or anything in the multiple community. This community is about helping new people and sort-of-science-besides-the-metaphysic-spongeboard. The multiple community is just metaphysical special snowflake bullshit and it won't do us any good.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

My first tulpa, or soulbond more accurately, had me thinking I was fictionkin for some time until he became vocal. I saw memories, felt strange sensations in my hand(a light saber in this case, and man do those things feel great in your hands. So slender, and light…), and found myself sometimes acting like I was left handed for no real reason. When he became vocal, I realized that I obviously wasn't fictionkin, as you don't talk to a past reincarnation of yourself. Nonetheless, I wasn't faking it to get attention, I was just genuinely confused. Now, seeing as it's tumblr, that's a different story, but nonetheless.

Not everyone is science minded or looking to expand our knowledge on this. That doesn't necessarily mean they are faking it or we have nothing to learn from them. Some experiences that they may have that may not be prevalent in tulpamancy might be worth investigating, though since I do still consider myself a soulbonders first, and a tulpa manger second, perhaps I'm biased.

Edit: Autocorrect :( tulpamancer not manger

"Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway, so in the end there’s nothing you can do." - Gintoki

~~~~~~

Tulpa: Hanako

With multiples, however, you can't reasonably test them for yourself, and their argument for how they got there is that they appeared naturally.

That's one other reason I don't agree to this as well. There's no research or anything in the multiple community. This community is about helping new people and sort-of-science-besides-the-metaphysic-spongeboard. The multiple community is just metaphysical special snowflake bullshit and it won't do us any good.

Well, Dissociative Identity Disorder also happens naturally and people can't test it for themselves. Obviously that makes it metaphysical special snowflake bullshit too, right? Hell, you can say the same about any mental disorder.

I have dipped into communities related to ours. The way that I (a skeptical atheistic sort of person) see it, soulbonds and daemons are pretty much the same thing as tulpas, just from a more metaphysical perspective. Otherkin are similar as well, just about phantom tail syndrome and other stuff on the neuromancy side, rather than tulpas.

When you get right down to it, the multiple community is possibly the most similar to ours, because they're the most scientific and least metaphysical. The biggest difference between them and us is that they didn't consciously choose to be this way, whereas most of us did.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Well, Dissociative Identity Disorder also happens naturally and people can't test it for themselves. Obviously that makes it metaphysical special snowflake bullshit too, right? Hell, you can say the same about any mental disorder.

There's legitimate research into DID so I can believe it. Mental disorders are different in that they're caused by trauma, etc. Multiplicity can't logically happen without getting into metaphysics unless there's a mental disorder present or a thoughtform has been created unknowingly. In which cases, it's unnecessary to differentiate.

First of all, lets just get tumblr out of it. Tumblr has some interesting issues that are best left out since it can taint a discussion on any subject. Basically, tumblr is a bad place to learn about just about anything. Now, an individual tumblr can be good, but there are so many bad ones to wade through. And the atmosphere breeds certain issues. So, lets consider things away from tumblr.

On an interesting note, most multiples I know say to stay away from the multiple community on tumblr. So yeah, issues.

The difference is that tulpa creation is testable by others. If someone says they have a tulpa, I can read some guides and try to create one myself. If it doesn't work, I can call BS and leave, or try again. If it does work, I have confirmation that it is possible. The process should be similar for servitors/daemons/etc. and so I accept these things as possibilities as well. With multiples, however, you can't reasonably test them for yourself, and their argument for how they got there is that they appeared naturally. In which case, why are they distinguishable from accidental tulpas? (For example, a character you focus on brought to life in your mind with the assistance of an active imagination, without meaning to create a tulpa or similar)

Actually, accidental tulpas and walkins are essentially the same thing. The only difference is that some accidental tulpas happen by trying to listen too hard for something. The rest are walkins plain and simply. I haven't done extensive research, but I have sort of gathered that walkins tend to not start out very strong, so they are in that sense not distinguishable from tulpas. Again, this makes sense since an accidental tulpa and a walkin are the same thing.

As for testability, yes, being multiple is not something that one can just go and become, other than occasionally a trauma split as an adult (or teenager) is possible. But that is a circumstance that one would like to avoid. But there are other things. A subset of multiples, those who are diagnosed with DID and DDNOS, have been studied a bit. There have been some fMRI tests done. My hunch is that when we have fMRI data for host-tulpa systems, it will look really similar. That would definitely lend credence that both are a phenomena and related.

Look up DID/MPD and DDNOS research. DID/MPD and DDNOS are disordered mutliplicity (a subset of multiplicity). That is something there has been some scientific research on.

I have dipped into communities related to ours. The way that I (a skeptical atheistic sort of person) see it, soulbonds and daemons are pretty much the same thing as tulpas, just from a more metaphysical perspective. Otherkin are similar as well, just about phantom tail syndrome and other stuff on the neuromancy side, rather than tulpas.

When you get right down to it, the multiple community is possibly the most similar to ours, because they're the most scientific and least metaphysical. The biggest difference between them and us is that they didn't consciously choose to be this way, whereas most of us did.

The only other real difference I see between daemons and tulpas is that daemons have a more median relationship with the host and tulpas have a more multiple like relationship with their host.

type_model3.gif

three_model.gif

The multiple community is a bit more metaphysical than the tulpa community. Generally, it is the larger systems with more extensive innerworlds/wonderlands that are the most likely to be metaphysical. But one would sort of expect this to be the case since it all happened on its own, usually at a young age, rather than being deliberately created at a later age.

There's legitimate research into DID so I can believe it. Mental disorders are different in that they're caused by trauma, etc. Multiplicity can't logically happen without getting into metaphysics unless there's a mental disorder present or a thoughtform has been created unknowingly. In which cases, it's unnecessary to differentiate.

As said up above, multiplicity does include DID/MPD and DDNOS systems. Now, as for origins, the three main types of origins are trauma, natural, and constructed. The tulpa community is all about constructed plurality. Trauma is the origin most people have heard about. Natural means either getting a walkin (or what we would call an accidental tulpa) at some point when there was only one consciousness before or perhaps the brain failed to coalesce everything into a single consciousness at the beginning. Of course, it can sometimes be the case where the origin is actually trauma or constructed but it is not obvious. Say, a minor trauma stretching out over a long time might be easy to brush off. But, that isn't necessarily the case for all systems of natural origins.

Now, DID/MPD and DDNOS is about whether a system is disordered or not, not origin of plurality or exactly why they became disordered. That being said, trauma systems have a much higher likelihood of being disordered than natural or constructed. A good example of a constructed system that got very disordered would be our very own Koomer and Oguigi.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Guest Anonymous

Sushi, hail_fall, have either of you come across systems that we consider imposed? Or is that strictly a tulpa thing? I imagine the idea of it isn't as appealing considering how developed they are internally. Likewise, have you come across any of those with tulpas that switch as well as the "average" multiple system? Those I have talked with claimed to be able to switch mid-conversation, generally as the conversation drifts to another member's strengths. Unfortunately I don't know how common this is.

Those I have talked with claimed to be able to switch mid-conversation, generally as the conversation drifts to another member's strengths. Unfortunately I don't know how common this is.

It happens when I make posts in this forum, and when I work at my job sometimes (it'll be interesting doing longer sessions of switching for the latter). For the latter, it does well when you're in an environment of lazy people; people seem to hype up how I'm a superhuman, but if I told them what I was really doing, I just don't know, hahaha. But it's not always switching, most of it is just being on a paper-thin margin between possession and switching, i.e.,:

qIgx41d.png?1

(I think the image source is from what Sands made, forgive me if I'm getting the source wrong)

But at home with relatives around me, I don't do it as much; at least in front of them. I can't speak for consistent methods to replicate this to happen (switching mid-conversation), but I do know that I spent quite some time affirming myself that me and them would find a way to communicate better, which probably leaves an blank canvas for my mind to assess that directly, or indirectly.

My personal way of finding out when this is occurring is when I know for sure that what I post/say/do is not what I would post/say/do. In other words, I guess investing so much time in personal reflection made it easier to tell when one of them is taking the lead. Weird sensations around my forehead occur, and I temporarily feel like I can't formulate what to think of because what's being expressed goes by so quickly.

One example is if I prepare a post for a thread, chances are I'll go back and think,

"Wait what?"

On one hand, it seems to be a good indication for me to start thinking more before zoning out, because whenever I realize I zone out, it's akin to how I am in a lucid dream. On the other hand, that's been one of the leading conflicts I've had with other members, so I just become the scapegoat for Eva's and Ada's progressive development for expressing their opinions, but this might improve in the future (I admit in being lazy in separating their thoughts with their names here because it's going too fast)....I hope. But honestly, as much as being too open for that to happen being a double-edged sword, it's what I had to do before in being able to establish a deeper trust in their capabilities, and removing doubts of what I fear they might say before things get better.

Just adding on to the list of anecdotes soon to accumulate.

Sushi, hail_fall, have either of you come across systems that we consider imposed? Or is that strictly a tulpa thing? I imagine the idea of it isn't as appealing considering how developed they are internally. Likewise, have you come across any of those with tulpas that switch as well as the "average" multiple system? Those I have talked with claimed to be able to switch mid-conversation, generally as the conversation drifts to another member's strengths. Unfortunately I don't know how common this is.

Yes to the first. In the multiple community, it is called projection. Just like here, it comes in degrees. Quite a few work on achieving it for various reasons, some of which you see here too. Some just have it. I've even known one multiple system for whom projection provided the only means of communication with one member. I've actually tried to do the same with B (the original in my system) but had to stop within 10 seconds due to a massive headache (was beginning to get open eye visualization though).

Yes to the second. Switching ability comes in all varieties. Some multiples actually can't switch and are limited to various forms of co-fronting (includes possession, eclipsing, and more) and some can't even do that. Some can switch seamlessly, even in a blink of an eye. I know one multiple system that also has tulpas and switching is pretty similar for them and one of the tulpas can even outright take control by force.

- Hail

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.