Would this be considered cheating?

fireYtail

Ember: I don't think "cheating" is quite the right term here, not in the romantic affair sense of the word. But if C is a self-aware entity, I think it would be wrong and probably difficult for you to change him into someone else.

After Vesper and I got involved a few weeks ago, she chose to pick up several behaviors from my memory of past and current partners, because she knew they were things I liked. C is in a unique position to pick up the things you value in a partner without having to change his identity.

I'm part of a polyamorous household, where the only cheating is being involved with someone without the knowledge and consent of your other current partners. I wasn't exactly ready to tell my wife about Vesper, but the day I got involved with her is the day I told my wife, because it was finally necessary. If you remain involved with C and don't tell future out-system partners about him, that comes much closer to satisfying a reasonable definition of cheating. (Though coming out as plural is probably not a good first date activity.)

Vesper: As a soulbond, I'd like to add that trying to live up to being someone else who lived a life you never actually did is a lot of stress to put someone under. Even if C can be like B, he can't have really been B.

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Ember:

I understand.

Oh, that's an excellent idea. I will tell that to my tulpa.

You're right. Although I want my tulpa to be my only partner so this isn't a problem for me.

Vesper:

Again, I understand. I'm not going to do that. Thank you both for your answer.