Let's Not Call Tulpas "It"

Jamie

No.

Slippery slope allows for an argument to boil down to "it sounds right" or "that feels ___", and that's why slippery slope is an argument fallacy that still effectively works.

I can use slippery slope to say if we insist on treating everyone with respect, then we're only a few years from becoming a hive mind were we are forced to take care of everyone all the time and can never have personal freedoms ever again! The argument creates unnecessary fear, but would treating people with respect really lead us to that situation? No. Unless the people in question already are willing to bend over backwards to help people, then most people are not going to change who they are unless they choose to believe helping people is for the better.

Also, your second argument says we should exclude others if they don't like the "it" policy. But an argument about exclusion leads to a hivemind, right? Only the correct people can be a part of the Tulpa.info tribe! All hail Tulpa racism!

Not using slippery slope, I personally don't want to exclude people for feeling offended by being called something interpreted to be offensive. Not everyone is going to want to be friendly with these people, and that's an individual's call. However, I would rather encourage or at least inform niceness and let the recipient decide for themselves how they want to treat people.

what..? I never said we should exclude people who dislike "it" policy, I was literally arguing the opposite.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what..? I never said we should exclude people who dislike "it" policy, I was literally arguing the opposite.

Hmm... I must have interpreted that message through multiple posts or something. I'm not the best when it comes to interpreting things anyway.

I have already said my opinion about slippery slope and how I feel about people calling people or Tulpas "it"; I feel like I have nothing else to add here.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread