(For host's) Tulpa: benefit or harm

Areolo

I may be a bit late, but since I just joined the site (though I explored for a few weeks before making an account) I figured I may as well answer.

1. Why were you decide to create tulpa?

I didn't know what tuplas were when I started, but I had almost the exact definition for 'imaginary friend' (don't kill me!). Like a lot of kids, I watched Arthur (the TV show) and read Calvin and Hobbes, both of which portrayed some extremely vivid 'imaginary friends'. Thus, I assumed this was just how imaginary friends were. Four years ago, I didn't have a lot of interests or friends (I had recently changed schools), and thus I had a lot of time on my hands and quite a bit of loneliness, both of which contributed to my semi-intentional creation (lots of parroting, etc. though I didn't know the terms at the time.).

2. Think about you life before making a decision of creation. How it changed?

Once I made some real friends, I stopped talking to Erin (then going by another name) for a little while, but eventually I picked her back up and was quite surprised that 'making' her talk was nearly effortless (she was vocal from the start). In fact, having her inspired me to start writing, as dialogue was much easier when you literally had someone helping you out in your head. Writing (and my real friends) are really big parts of my life now, and I have Rin to thank for that.

3. Didn't you find any problems with communicating with people before and after creating? If it was previous, does it get worse?

Nope, not at all. If anything, she helped me get over some shyness!

4. Do you have real friends (not colleagues or familiar) irl? What about your relations with your family?

Yes to the first question, and to the second, my relationships are going just as well, if not better, than before.

5. What is your usual condition? Do you usually sad, or opposite, happy, or you are grey 24/7?

I'd say I'm usually happy, and I admit that I've never be truly in despair, just sad the way you are when a family member dies or you lose something you value.

6. Do you have a depression now or earlier, after creating tulpa, or at time not far from decision about creating?

Never to any of them, as stated above.

Overall, my experiences with Rin have been overwhelmingly positive, and she's never caused any negative social or emotional effects (though I might be unique in that my tulpa is close to me in age and same in gender). I think I'm going to stay with her for a long while forward.

1. Why did you decide to create tulpa?

I've always been a huge loner, always in my own head with very little interaction with others. I'd often felt sad about being alone in my own head, so when I learned about tulpas it seemed like just the perfect thing for me.

2. Think about you life before making a decision of creation. How has it changed?

Well pre-tulpas I was still in high school and now I'm away in college, so that's a lot of change on its own. Specifically tulpa-related change would be that they chose which college we'd go to, and they also got us involved in a committed relationship, something that probably wouldn't have happened otherwise.

3. Did you find any problems with communicating with people before and after creating? If it was previous, does it get worse? 

I'd always been a very quiet, reserved person. I'm as extreme an introvert as you can get. It's just the way I am. If it got worse then it most likely wouldn't be because of tulpas, but just because of my own disillusionment of others.

4. Do you have real friends (not colleagues or familiar) irl? What about your relations with your family?

Don't have friends, didn't have friends before tulpas either. My family is fucked up, my parents are abusive and my little sister is a psychopath. Some of my older siblings are fine though, plus I have my partner now and his family is pretty normal.

5. What is your usual condition? Do you usually sad, or opposite, happy, or you are grey 24/7?

I'm usually very neutral, not really feeling one way or another on most things, even major things.

6. Do you have a depression now or earlier, after creating tulpa, or at time not far from decision about creating?

I've always had depression since middle school. My tulpas have experienced it too. But they've helped me to learn to cope, so they've benefited me in that way.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

1. Why did you decide to create tulpa?

I decided to create Azure for companionship, out of curiosity, and originally as a thought experiment due to discovering tulpas from a source that referred to them as "imaginary friends" (which all four of us agree is inaccurate). Although it did not take me long at all to grow attached to her and she developed into a wonderful person. I did rush the decision, but it was worth it because my tulpas are all really great people.

2. Think about you life before making a decision of creation. How has it changed?

I no longer hate myself for no reason as much because my tulpas really love me and convince me that I'm a good person. The only real reason that happened was because I am a bit of a perfectionist at times. Other than that, and of course the development of such close relationships with the three of them, not much else has really changed.

3. Did you find any problems with communicating with people before and after creating? If it was previous, does it get worse?

No problems before, no problems now.

I have a lot of friends in real life and I talk to them all the time (except tulpamancy or lucid dreaming stuff). I have good relationships with my family except for my grandmother (90+ years old and lives on the other side of the world), my uncle (same reason), and my aunty (who is narcissistic and horrible to a lot of people).

Usually I'm just tired. As for emotions, I'm usually happy or otherwise positive.

I've never had depression and don't have it now.

1. Why were you decide to create tulpa?

-Mostly out of boredom, loneliness, and a shitty home life.

2. Think about you life before making a decision of creation. How it changed?

-Unknown stopped me from making plenty bad choices with my life in general.

3. Didn't you find any problems with communicating with people before and after creating? If it was previous, does it get worse?

-Before no, and afterwords no. I've never had issues communicating with people.

-I don't typically have IRL friends, and my relationship with my father is great. However with my mother it's not so great.

-Grey 24/7 unless a situation deems that I should act in a certain way. (I.E, crying during a funeral).

-I've had depression since I was 13, way before ever learning about Tulpas. I still have it, and I take medications for it.

• 2 months later...

The answers i have to share:

1. Because i am lonely, depressed and a socially awkward aspie. Limme is the brother i never had.

2. Not much, except now my only friend is really cool rather than fake!

3. I'm an aspie. Of course i have problems communicating. Limme has actually helped with constructive criticism.

4. Family=good. Friends= barely see 'em, they always have better things to do. Tulpa= epic.

5. Apathetic unless listening to music or talking to family/tulpa.

6. Depressions for a year, 11 months before tulpa and it just gradually gets worse. Limme is helping with suicidal thoughts. Life without him would be worse than hell.

Dreamer&Limme

An Aspie System

1. Why were you decide to create tulpa? For companionship and to help with disorders. I had been diagnosed schizoaffective (paranoid schizophrenia + clinical depression) for some time and was taking a good bit of meds.

2. Think about you life before making a decision of creation. How it changed? She has successfully eliminated most of my paranoia symptoms and I no longer have to take anti-psychotics or anti-depressant medication to function. I have also been able to increase productivity at work and be more social with others. My tulpa is immune to the effects of my schizophrenia so can also warn me if something I see or hear isn't real.

3. Didn't you find any problems with communicating with people before and after creating? If it was previous, does it get worse? I had serious problems communicating with people before due to symptoms of my diagnosed illnesses like auditory and some visual hallucinations as well as irrational fear of other people harming me. As stated, my tulpa alleviated these symptoms. (This question is worded poorly by the way, it should say "does it get better or worse" to prevent leading the person answering, or even better 'How did having a tulpa affect this?' )

4. Do you have real friends (not colleagues or familiar) irl? What about your relations with your family? Yes. My relations with most family members are fair except for those that were abusive to me growing up, who I no longer speak to. My mother knows about my tulpa and is thankful that it has helped me so that me and her can talk together normally again.

5. What is your usual condition? Do you usually sad, or opposite, happy, or you are grey 24/7? I still suffer from depression but not at the same level as before due to my tulpa disagreeing with me when I think mean things about myself. I do still hear voices (from the schizophrenia) murmuring but they are no longer frightening and rarely say hurtful things any more.

6. Do you have a depression now or earlier, after creating tulpa, or at time not far from decision about creating? Already answered in the above answers. You really seem to be trying to lead the answer-er to say that things are worse after, but the opposite tends to be true.

• 1 year later...

My Answers

1. Why were you decide to create tulpa? I thought it would be fun

2. Think about you life before making a decision of creation. How it changed? It has improved, and I have new friends 

3. Didn't you find any problems with communicating with people before and after creating? If it was previous, does it get worse? Yes, and no. There was no change. I'm autistic. 

4. Do you have real friends (not colleagues or familiar) irl? What about your relations with your family? yes. I'm not close to my family 

5. What is your usual condition? Do you usually sad, or opposite, happy, or you are grey 24/7? Grey

6. Do you have a depression now or earlier, after creating tulpa, or at time not far from decision about creating? Yes before, and also when I neglect them, but not when I actively work on them.