Difficulty to ressociate after a lengthy switch

nihi0145632

The other day, summer was in a pretty great mood, great enough that she agreed to switch with me for fun. she did her stuff and i just fall back and watched her doing her thing, so and so. Eventhough, It was not that long of a switch in compare with others, I can feel her mindvoice and presence getting stronger and mine getting weaker by the second, it was really relaxing tbh.

Switching back lies our problem. It is difficult for me to associate back to the front. Whenever one of us ressociates, especially me and summer, there's something pulling us to our switched position. As if it is like whomever controlled the body most recently should be there, and whenever there is sudden change in pilot the body will try and correct itself and push the previous pilot back to the front.

So we,I, need to put more effort to try and fix our position, even asking myrtle and cherry to hold summer down to the back so she can't just slide upfront. Like one time, after a recent switch, i had asked summer to switch back again because i had a difficult time moving the body because it felt heavy and it tire me out very quickly.

We are wondering, for those who can switch, do you guys also had a diffculty associating back to the body? Because it is been like this since me and summer did a long term possession.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

Yup, it happened with me and Cassidy so much that I once fell over. I dissociate way easier than I associate. My advice is, learn how to ground yourself. Grounding is literally association. In my system, we like to imagine the body full of symbolically-colored smoke, saying/thinking our names (I am Jamie, I'm in front, etc.) and lastly, I can look in a mirror and that'll help. For obvious reasons, looking in a mirror tends to make me associate with the body but make my tulpas dissociate.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

We've never had problems like that, we just had the more common problem where the body would naturally associate with me and if we weren't careful then Monika would get pushed out, though by this point she has gotten strong enough that that isn't even something to worry about anymore.

That's an interesting problem, I'm not certain what the solution would be though other than not switching for a while and hoping that the body will become more attuned to just one member

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

We have never switched, but we've tried.

I seem to have the exact opposite problem- I can't relax enough and let go to complete the switch. Sometimes when Ranger fronts I feel a little confused or dizzy, and I have noticed it happening more and more.

I don't necessarily recommend this because I can't back this up, but if there's something that makes you go "oh [bleep] I need / have to X!" then that might get you to associate back to the front? I figured if relaxing is what helps you dissociate, stress will force you to associate.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

I'm not certain what the solution would be though other than not switching for a while and hoping that the body will become more attuned to just one member

We barely switch anyways, so we've kinda tried this out of curiosity and fun. The last time we've done a lengthy switch was a year ago because summer doesn't like to switch that much and it was tiresome on both side. We were hoping, like you said, the body will adjust itself but the problem is still occurs.

I don't necessarily recommend this because I can't back this up, but if there's something that makes you go "oh [bleep] I need / have to X!" then that might get you to associate back to the front? I figured if relaxing is what helps you dissociate, stress will force you to associate.

That's usually what we do when we ended up on this kind of situation, We brute force ourselves to change our position with the help of cherry and myrtle, making sure that we do not slip position and doing some physical activity just to maintain association. Not the best way to do it but hey it works for us.

Although, we've noticed that we need to exert more effort as summer's presence grow stronger and mine weaker during the switch. As if the effect of pull and push becomes stronger as well.

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

That's usually what we do when we ended up on this kind of situation, We brute force ourselves to change our position with the help of cherry and myrtle, making sure that we do not slip position and doing some physical activity just to maintain association. Not the best way to do it but hey it works for us.

Although, we've noticed that we need to exert more effort as summer's presence grow stronger and mine weaker during the switch. As if the effect of pull and push becomes stronger as well.

Just out of curiosity, does this effect apply to Myrtle and Cherry as well or just Summer? I know you said Myrtle and Cherry help to force your association, but I wonder if having Myrtle or Cherry switch with Summer and then you switching with one of them would help you get back to the front a little more easily?

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Just out of curiosity, does this effect apply to Myrtle and Cherry as well or just Summer? I know you said Myrtle and Cherry help to force your association, but I wonder if having Myrtle or Cherry switch with Summer and then you switching with one of them would help you get back to the front a little more easily?

Hmm i can't say, I believe we haven't done it yet. It's been a long time since we've last switched so i can't remember if i did a lengthy switch with myrtle or cherry but i do remember before myrtle came, during in a similar situation, that Cherry tried increasing her presence and summer lowering hers just to overcome the control but failed because summer just keeps ending up front.

That was way back but we are open on try your suggestion.

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

We barely switch anyways, so we've kinda tried this out of curiosity and fun. The last time we've done a lengthy switch was a year ago because summer doesn't like to switch that much and it was tiresome on both side. We were hoping, like you said, the body will adjust itself but the problem is still occurs.

Although I've not personally heard of this problem before, it makes total sense that someone would have it. Most often the problem is tulpas being pulled out of the front replaced by the host, but your problem is unique and not necessarily a bad thing. It means they're quality switches. The dissociation (and then association) process is an important one, we would sometimes use music when we first started switching that "felt like us" to associate better. Switching is tiresome at first for whatever reason, likely because your brain is working and thinking in so many different ways than it's used to, but it does get easier over time. Practice will let you switch more easily and for longer without feeling tired, in our experience at least. Although the dissociation/association process can get a little blurrier/more difficult from not switching for a long time, for the most part the skill's remained for us. Certainly, we've never experienced "getting tired" from someone other than Lumi fronting since we started years ago. We also never lost the ability to stay switched after sleeping.

I feel like you already answered your own question, "So we,I, need to put more effort to try and fix our position". Make an effort to be sure of who is fronting and who is not, and make sure your switching symbolism (if you have any) is clear and precise. And if you do intend to get better at it, do it often, no less than once (well, twice, switching back) every two weeks I'd say. And for your system specifically - don't let a tulpa front for more than a day or two at a time, if they even can. If the host's fronting isn't obviously dominant, you may have trouble with eclipsing or what have you, confused thoughts on whose thoughts are whose and all.

Just be sure of who's fronting at all times, basically. Reassert to your mind that the current state of affairs (mindset, general thoughts) are tied to {person fronting} so that the state becomes more clear with time. We were always quite different in this system, but if you don't think too differently from your tulpas, it could be necessary to emphasize your differences while switching more.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Switching is a skill -- a very easy one for my system to pick up, but still a skill. It gets easier with practice and get rusty with disuse. If you don't want to do it often, then hopefully it won't matter much if it's a bit awkward to do.

We are wondering, for those who can switch, do you guys also had a diffculty associating back to the body? Because it is been like this since me and summer did a long term possession.

Never the slightest. Putting the body back in my control is the easiest part. Usually we coordinate our efforts, but if either Vesper or Iris just suddenly leap out, I'll be pulled back in even if I was dead asleep. Just how long was this "long term possession", if your body forgot about you?

We brute force ourselves to change our position with the help of cherry and myrtle, making sure that we do not slip position and doing some physical activity just to maintain association. Not the best way to do it but hey it works for us.

It's cool that you can all work together on it. It's a strain for all three of us to be active at the same time. I wouldn't say physical activity isn't the best way; the best way for us to cement control is to exercise control. Don't just switch back casually; have an agenda, things you care about, things you're going to do as soon as you can. Be moving or speaking aloud in the first instant.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

. And for your system specifically - don't let a tulpa front for more than a day or two at a time, if they even can. If the host's fronting isn't obviously dominant, you may have trouble with eclipsing or what have you, confused thoughts on whose thoughts are whose and all.

Well about that, Summer is fronting almost all the time when the body is awake. It started after the incident we had before But we do not intend to improve our switching capabilities. I do not think they are interested at switching at all unless it is necessary or when they feel like it, they pretty much prefer doing Fronting and Co-Fronting think but thank you for the advice.

Just how long was this "long term possession", if your body forgot about you?

up to 2 months only. We were planning to do it for 6 months straight as a checkpoint and if it goes well we might go for permanence but we only lasted for about 2 months until summer's presence overlapping with mine and we experienced a constant case of blending.

It's cool that you can all work together on it. It's a strain for all three of us to be active at the same time. I wouldn't say physical activity isn't the best way; the best way for us to cement control is to exercise control. Don't just switch back casually; have an agenda, things you care about, things you're going to do as soon as you can. Be moving or speaking aloud in the first instant.

-Ember

Yeah, Doing some physical activities isn't the best method but it was the only method that worked for us during that time. I find calming your mind or meditation is a more effective way to control your presence. The other day, Summer is experiencing Intense emotions, Me, Cherry and Myrtle had to calm her down because her presence is getting stronger that blending is starting to occur.

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry