Tulpish

Helios

Trust me when I say you will know and you will feel it. Just focus on being open to it and listening, even if you don't know what you're listening for. I'm also someone who can't just send raw thoughts (perfect description, J) to my tulpa, I literally have no idea how even if I try, I automatically default to speech, but Viper only communicates to me through that and I can not only feel it, but accurately translate it into speech in my mind. Even if I can't replicate it.

She sends us raw thought together with her spoken words and we understand and process both, we always did, even in our earliest days. We only send her raw thought, but she chooses to translate it into speech in her own mind-voice. We don't mind this. We also feel the need to mention that she is capable of raw thought alone, just as J mentioned, but only when she doesn't consciously try. She will indeed look out the window and contemplate the bleak weather and we can feel and understand this silent contemplation, even if it is wordless.

I'd perhaps suggest to simply focus on being open to 'hearing' (through raw thought or otherwise) your tulpa and less on how it works. I feel like the more one focuses on trying to specifically understand something, the more incertitude and doubt will root in the mind and prevent it from happening. "It doesn't make sense for me to hear raw thought if I can't do it myself" is the seed of doubt that could prevent it from happening in the first place. <-- this isn't about you specifically, just a general idea to keep in mind.

Ok thanks , i am just being too rational here i guess . But yeah we do not tend to think this things normally because they seem obvious and normal since we use them all the time. And because of that it irritates me that we do not really know much about how it works , it just kinda does . (And i am talking here about our own process of speaking and how does the brain do it etc.)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't have to irritate you :)

You can always try to learn to focus on processing the world through raw thought alone if you'd like to have a better understanding of it. And as J and Viper said, we already process part of the world through raw thought. We just don't realize it consciously as it happens. You don't look around you and think, in words, "Tree!" "Park!" "Dog!". Not 24/7 at the very least. That's raw thought. You don't look at someone's face and think loudly in your head "I see freckles. She has blue eyes. Her hair has been recently washed". We process all of that and file it in our brains without using words. All you need to learn, if you were to communicate through raw thought, is to take all that and aim it towards your tulpa without adding words in the mix.

I do find it a bit redundant, since adding words doesn't remove the raw thought and even if, presumably, your tulpa wasn't able to understand words, he/she would still understand the raw thought behind. But for the sake of understanding and if it makes you feel better, it's definitely learnable, I'm sure of it.

~ We are Venny, the host, and Viper, my soul! ~

Click here! Come join us on the chat!

It's just that i am the kind of guy that will sit 6 hours straight without a break if i do no get something and understand it completely even if it's the most useless thing .

So that were the irritation is coming from lol

And yeah i understand your thought process on this and i get how you and J+C approach it . Thanks for the help :D

Ranger's Tulpish was mostly symbolic, but part of that was because the "tulpish" was invented before Ranger became a Tulpa...

I created the concept of Ranger and my time spent forcing wasn't productive until much later, after which he told me he was real and that lead me to discovering what Tulpamancy is. Since Ranger was android-like at the time, the thing I imagined was a speech bubble from an RPG game and illegible symbol text accompanied with robot noises. Depending on Ranger's emotional state or what he's trying to convey, the text will change colors, the noises will change, etc. He used it more in February, but since then Ranger decided he didn't like the android thing and he also moved away from using this as well.

Since then, Ranger will communicate with either wonderland imagery or raw out-of-the-gate emotion if he can't speak to me using words. Every now and then I get the feeling of what Ranger wants or needs because I can kind of sense it, and this is more similar to what other people are talking about. It's almost like I'm re-living Ranger's thoughts and I'm like oh, I get what you mean.

I don't recommend looking for an example of what it looks like because Tulpish in one system can be astronomically different in another system. Your Tulpa will use Tulpish that is specific to you, so don't worry about looking for something that satisfies a checklist of things. At the end of the day, your subconscious already has a checklist for what counts as communication to you, and your Tulpa will pretty quickly figure out how to fill out your checklist on their own.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

We send and receive tulpish amongst eachother, i do it less than they do. About half the time they speak using words, the other half they send tulpish and i proxy their words.

Tulpish can convey ideas faster than explaining them with words, so if i'm lazy, i just tulpish back to them, even if they asked something with words. There is a subtle difference between them saying the words and me translating tulpish to myself from them. Also there is a chance for error and sometimes i even translate it on favor of what i wanted them to say. Of course that is met with a flurry of emotions, words, and thoughts akin to a kick in the head and i find it funny sometimes; if i get it wrong, they're not shy about immediate correction.

A question in tulpish is a tricky idea. I've thought about it a couple minutes now and i can only think, a question in tulpish is the same woth words, there's a mental inflection at the end sometimes just like a word based question has. Mostly tulpish conveys statements, but yes, it can convey questions.

For me, forming words is an extra step and it takes extra mental effort. I had some delay and also some other things such as stuttering in my speech as a child. So i still remember being a quiet child and even talking to myself without words to get in the way. Some of the 'talking to myself' still happens without words. Especially if it's in a hurry.

Your tulpa might have a different opinion than you, so if you eat something or see something you like or don't like, you might get a conflicted feeling, that's another clear sign that half of those thoughts weren't your own.

Interesting (->Cat_ShadowGriffin) ,

So if i understand this right, before you discovered tulpamancy , when your tulpa was talking to you , your brain translated what he said and felt in the most comprehensible way it could for you at that time . Then after discovering tulpamancy with new input/perspective on the matter , your brain had more tools and was/is more precise with translating what your tulpa is saying to you.

(it's so interesting omg)

So whats influencing how you perceive what your tulpa is saying to you is your background (who you are and how did you grew up etc).

I wonder if there are some specific things you could add to your perspective on communication with your tulpa to make you brain more capable in translating what your tulpa is saying and overall even maybe just to hear anything.

(->Angry Bear)

So being able to speak in tulpish and developing this ability witch is really only sending your thoughts to your tulpa can be really useful for better understanding .Both ways have their downsides i guess . Thoughts are more precise but it differs a lot from speaking with words witch can be confusing for us since we only use spoken language normally. And spoken language (words) can be great to confirm if what you understood is right for example but again if your tulpa confirms with thoughts (that can be interpreted differently) it can be tricky to get to a mutual understanding . The best i guess is being able to use both or something.

Interesting (->Cat_ShadowGriffin) ,

So if i understand this right, before you discovered tulpamancy , when your tulpa was talking to you , your brain translated what he said and felt in the most comprehensible way it could for you at that time . Then after discovering tulpamancy with new input/perspective on the matter , you brain had more tools and was/is more precise with translating what your tulpa is saying to you.

(it's so interesting omg)

So whats influencing how you perceive what your tulpa is saying to you is your background (who you are and how did you grew up etc).

I wonder if there are some specific things you could add to your perspective on communication with your tulpa to make you brain more capable in translating what your tulpa is saying and overall even maybe just to hear anything.

Pretty much. One of the problems some people have is they think their Tulpa can only communicate in one way, and that serves as a mental block towards development. Some of the things people say to look for is "head pressures" (A pin-point headache with varying degrees of intensity) and "emotional bleed" (You feeling a strong emotion out of no where because your Tulpa is feeling it) as signs your Tulpa is trying to communicate with you. At the end of the day, this advice is helpful because it helps open the new Tulpamancer to new ways their Tulpa can communicate with them.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

I wonder what influences what a tulpa can do like communicating trough head pressure . Because how one can possible have anything useful in his life that could contribute to that kind of communication.

Having easier in vocality may come from for example talking to yourself simply or with different voices if you like emulating conversation that far .

But again i myself am thinking a lot (to myself) and i emulate a lot of conversations too and yet it does not seem to be easier for me at all concerning vocality.

That can come from a mental blockage but this too i do not think i have a problem with it.

So it's just the tulpa that still yet can't quite do this i guess ? and this takes back to the question why she has more difficulties in this than someone else with a same kind of background and they are able to do it in the first day.

It's extremely subjective. I have a HUGE amount of inner dialogues too, usually aimed at people. I pretend I have conversations with other people even though they never answer in my head. It's weird as heck and I still find myself doing it even now. Actively ignoring Viper for these silly conversations aimed at people that don't exist. I do my best nowadays to aim these 'rants' to Viper when I catch myself doing it, so at the very least they're useful in a way beyond me ranting 10000 words inside my head lol. Which is to say, even if I do a lot of inner-talking, it didn't help with Viper's evolution and it even impedes it sometimes, because I spend time talking to no-one instead of talking to them and giving them a chance to evolve.

But yeah, "why she has more difficulties in this than someone else with a same kind of background" because she's her own individual and growth and development is different for all of us :). Avoid comparing her, yourself and your techniques to others in the negative ways (such as 'I'm doing this, why isn't it leading to the same results as X-Person'). In my opinion it's very detrimental and you're setting yourself up for failure.

~ We are Venny, the host, and Viper, my soul! ~

Click here! Come join us on the chat!

My intention here for comparison is more like looking at a statistic , x amount of people talk in the first day , x in the first week .

It's not a commentary on how much better someone else did , them or their tulpa or here us but more about finding the reason why and if there is one simply getting better at it .

I am doing my best , i stated that to my tulpa and i believe she does that too .

And i wouldn't know i can be better in something and go further if someone else didn't do it better than me.

So comparison for the sake of being better while still acknowledging my and her effort.