Fascinated First Timer's Tulpa Fabrication Fandango

pterodactylinc

Marina and Pterodactylinc- welcome! I've been around for a few months, and I have to say- this forum is a great place, with a friendly and helpful community. At this early point in your tulpa fandango, I think your goals of narration and visualization are great. If you two have any ideas, what are your long-term goals? What role do you think you'll have, as tulpa and host?

I'm also happy to hear that your s/o is on board and cool with it. If I may ask, how did you tell them about your interest in tulpas? How did it go?

-Jamie

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Marina and Pterodactylinc- welcome! I've been around for a few months, and I have to say- this forum is a great place, with a friendly and helpful community. At this early point in your tulpa fandango, I think your goals of narration and visualization are great. If you two have any ideas, what are your long-term goals? What role do you think you'll have, as tulpa and host?

I'm also happy to hear that your s/o is on board and cool with it. If I may ask, how did you tell them about your interest in tulpas? How did it go?

-Jamie

I'm sure she'd thank you if she were more vocal, and I most certainly will thank you! My long-term goal, as of now, is to get Marina fully created within my mind eye, and I believe that I will serve as a teacher and a friend to Marina as she serves as a student and a friend to me.

It started with me telling her about the phenomenon a while back, and she showed active interest but aprehension in trying it out herself. She is supportive of me and my endeavor in it, but she is afraid of it from a religious standpoint, claiming that she doesn't want to risk it turning out to be something that is less scientific and more magical, and I don't blame her. Simply a case of fearing the unknown for her. After a while, I told her that the fascination and curiosity was too much for me, so I decided to give it a shot, and she told me that the only way she'll support it is if I'm entirely truthful and open with her about the entire thing, which I intended on being from the start.

"Don't forget, I'm with you in the dark."

Good lord, we've been gone for too long. That's entirely my fault, too, and I'm sorry. High school is kicking my ass right now, but I'm glad to say that there's been a significant amount of process with Marina! I think that the responses I hear whenever I ask her questions are actually her answers and not my own thoughts. I've discovered that she likes jazz music, peanut butter, and romantic comedies. The reason I believe that her responses are not from me is that I don't like jazz all that much, and the only romantic comedy I've ever liked is Deadpool (that's technically one, right?) so I'm excited. Maybe I'm wrong though? Please, tell me if I am.

Also, sorry for the lack of formatting. Not a lot of time tonight.

I watched Deadpool without having seen a single superhero movie before in my life, so I'd argue with the "comedy" part. ("What? Is that a joke? What's he talking about? Why is it all told in flashbacks?") I literally shut my computer with ten minutes left because I wasn't invested. I've seen a bit of X-Men and was friends with someone who was a comic hero buff now, so I'd probably be able to enjoy it now... but the humor meant nothing to me, then.

All those little differences? Good progress. To me, what makes tulpas "really real" is that they are complex people, just like their hosts. First, they develop interests, likes, dislikes, the works. Next, (in my experience,) the true complexity kicks in: they become walking contradictions.

"I thought you liked jazz!"

"No, this album is garbage."

Happens with their morals, beliefs, all sorts of things... just like everyone else. Cassidy acts sweeter, younger than me, maybe. I thought he'd have a sweet tooth, but turns out I'm the one with it. Sometimes, people might even hold beliefs like "I admire kindness in people," but when they meet an especially kind person, think, "That person is a doormat- their kindness is a negative trait."

Be happy for the change- but be prepared. They may also start to challenge your poor habits and order you to put on proper shoes when you go out in the snow. At least, that's what I observed with both my tulpas as they got a little older: they also stop looking past your bad decisions, the ones that you can look over yourself.

"How can you treat yourself/the body like that? You deserve better!"

Listen to them the best you can. Tulpas tend to really look out for their hosts.

Those are my more-than-two-bits. Good progress!

-Jamie

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I watched Deadpool without having seen a single superhero movie before in my life, so I'd argue with the "comedy" part. ("What? Is that a joke? What's he talking about? Why is it all told in flashbacks?") I literally shut my computer with ten minutes left because I wasn't invested. I've seen a bit of X-Men and was friends with someone who was a comic hero buff now, so I'd probably be able to enjoy it now... but the humor meant nothing to me, then.

All those little differences? Good progress. To me, what makes tulpas "really real" is that they are complex people, just like their hosts. First, they develop interests, likes, dislikes, the works. Next, (in my experience,) the true complexity kicks in: they become walking contradictions.

"I thought you liked jazz!"

"No, this album is garbage."

Happens with their morals, beliefs, all sorts of things... just like everyone else. Cassidy acts sweeter, younger than me, maybe. I thought he'd have a sweet tooth, but turns out I'm the one with it. Sometimes, people might even hold beliefs like "I admire kindness in people," but when they meet an especially kind person, think, "That person is a doormat- their kindness is a negative trait."

Be happy for the change- but be prepared. They may also start to challenge your poor habits and order you to put on proper shoes when you go out in the snow. At least, that's what I observed with both my tulpas as they got a little older: they also stop looking past your bad decisions, the ones that you can look over yourself.

"How can you treat yourself/the body like that? You deserve better!"

Listen to them the best you can. Tulpas tend to really look out for their hosts.

Those are my more-than-two-bits. Good progress!

-Jamie

Deadpool was my first venture into "superhero" movies as well. It's definitely not for everyone.

Is your "complexity" also inclusive of the tulpa being argumentative? I asked her if she thinks that she'll get like that and was immediately greeted with "No I won't!" In a voice that is far different from my own.

I'm happy, excited, and ready to undertake the whole process!

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Hey, we are all different people. Not everyone likes being all cute and stuff. Sometimes you get the friend and ally you really need, the one who is somehow able to fill holes in your heart and mind you didn't know were there. Them being who you expected or read off a list is a lot less likely to happen as they discover themselves, and start deciding what to accept and reject, or experiment with.

Hey, we are all different people. Not everyone likes being all cute and stuff. Sometimes you get the friend and ally you really need, the one who is somehow able to fill holes in your heart and mind you didn't know were there. Them being who you expected or read off a list is a lot less likely to happen as they discover themselves, and start deciding what to accept and reject, or experiment with.

Trust me, I don't want Marina to turn out as some idealistic, stylized person that I built entirely on my own. And I don't think she wants that either. I want her to be human, and if that means that she's going to be a bit complicated at times, then so be it. I'm not easy to deal with either!

• 2 months later...

Hey all. I'm back. It's been such a long damn time since I filled anybody in on what is going on. My life has gotten hectic and busy, and I have hardly had time to do anything at all for myself. I've done as much forcing as possible, but that equates to a few minutes a day at best. I regret to say that I'm not making much progress, and I feel like I'm losing quite a bit for that matter. I hope that Marina, if they still keep that name, isn't a lost cause. I hope that you can inform me on where to go from here.

Guest Reilyn-Alley

I don't think anything is a list cause if you keep at it, especially not a lifetime companion and friend! Try and find a few more minutes here and there till you can structure an hour every day or whatever. You may not even realize that spending a little time when you wake up in the morning and a little time when laying in bed each night before sleep, even if that's all you can manage, might be able to fit in another 20 or 30 minutes every day like that.

If active forcing seems like too much, you could do passive forcing as often as possible. Just while you are doing other stuff try talking to your tulpa, maybe experiment with seeing their forn or trying to feel their presence in the car or a seat next to you. All those little minutes do add up! The more important you convince your brain this is, the more resources it should start devoting to it, the more neural pathways formed, the sooner you have another person living in your brain alongside you.

Another thing you might be able to do to help things along is combat doubt. Don't think it's not real or you aren't capable of having a tulpa.. Take it from all us on here, it is real and you are fully capable of it. That out of the way, since success is gaurenteed with enough time and effort, try to find ways to slip in more time and apply more effort.

I know that sounds so simple but maybe make a schedule and stick to it. Document everything thats going on in a journal (or on here) and compare notes for stuff that works and doesn't. Try new things, read new guides, mix things up. Sometimes your brain can get bored and needs to change it up, keep things fresh, so it doesn't seem dull. Just try and come up with more ways to somehow boost your efficiency. Cut out more distractions? Anything. No effort is wasted effort.