12200485 (aka 'C') and Erin

Kyouko Sakura was cool, (one of the more interesting characters) i don't see anything cringeworthy about that. Ya also, i think you would know if you were in a dream Rin, you can see the memory too.

Since it's been days since we last posted an update (aaaahhh midterms) I thought now'd be a good time. Rin and I have been practicing some random stuff; I've noticed that when I'm laying in bed, immediately after waking up, I reach this point I can't really explain. It’s definitely NOT a lucid dream, although it’s somewhat like it. When in this state, anything I’m thinking of will… show up? It’s rather hard to explain. Basically, if I’m thinking about, say, Harry Potter and I’m imagining he’s playing Quidditch, my brain will show me that the way you see a dream, but on command. It’s like a perfect version of the visualization I normally do and I’ve only gotten it on purpose a few times. My practicing recently has been mainly focused on achieving this state whenever I wake up during the night (eventually I may use an alarm to wake myself up intentionally). I’m still having the same issue as before with visualizing Rin’s eyes. I can’t exactly ask her for help, as obviously, her… visualization engine (?) is the as mine (she can’t visualize things I can’t, for obvious reasons). On the other hand, typing for her is going rather well, as we’ve been practicing dictating. That’s about all the news I can think of for now, so…

Rin: There’s not much I really want to update anyone on, but I’d like to show how C can type my exact words rather than articulating my general concept, which is pretty cool!

Guest LanceReilyn

What you are describing is known as "hypnopompic state", or hypnopompia. I advise you read up on it, pretty interesting. I used to think it was the same as hypnagogia but it isn't. Simply put, hypnagogia happens when your rational cognition is trying to process while falling into dream and illusion, hypnopompia is when your emotional and dreaming cognition is trying to make sense of the solid world. "When the awakening occurs out of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, in which most dreams occur, the hypnopompic state is sometimes accompanied by lingering vivid imagery."

What you are describing is known as "hypnopompic state", or hypnopompia. I advise you read up on it, pretty interesting. I used to think it was the same as hypnagogia but it isn't. Simply put, hypnagogia happens when your rational cognition is trying to process while falling into dream and illusion, hypnopompia is when your emotional and dreaming cognition is trying to make sense of the solid world. "When the awakening occurs out of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, in which most dreams occur, the hypnopompic state is sometimes accompanied by lingering vivid imagery."

Thanks! I've read up a bit on it, and it seems to be about what I'm talking about. Pretty interesting!