First One to Reach 1,000 posts wins!

Azure Someone

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I *think* I figured it out.

You know what we’re missing here, upvotes. I don’t actually want the downvotes or even a cumulative score, but I want to upvote those who are helping me. This is a different way than I’m used to.

Superfluous heart activate! 💖 -shwing-

That's been discussed a few times on the forum over the last 8 years and people always decide against it. It makes people feel bad when their contributions aren't upvoted, while people who are being upvoted most likely were going to be posting anyway. That's my main reasoning against it, anyway. It sort of just promotes "upvote culture", trying to get the "best" answers and all - when we have no such system, people say things out of pure desire to help/offer their experiences, etc.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

16 hours ago, Luminesce said:

That's been discussed a few times on the forum over the last 8 years and people always decide against it. It makes people feel bad when their contributions aren't upvoted, while people who are being upvoted most likely were going to be posting anyway. That's my main reasoning against it, anyway. It sort of just promotes "upvote culture", trying to get the "best" answers and all - when we have no such system, people say things out of pure desire to help/offer their experiences, etc.

*downvoted*

Just kidding! I’ll give you a llama award instead...

50?cb=20200229051715

Next question: do you think your tulpa has hindered or helped your social life outside this community?

It depends. I don't think it has hindered more than it has helped, but it has been a lot of ups and downs. Now we have our love of our life outside the system because of my headmates, and that's thanks to Matsi. Even if it started from this community, it still happens outside.

Headmates have slightly different dynamics, and that seem to be easily distinguishable in social life outside the community. Friends seem to respect Kuri as more mature and patient, meanwhile I think Matsi is usually going in more with emotions and that makes her more vulnerable to feel hurt around people (Matsi: I'm working on it). I don't think I'm that good with being social, but I do things that are practical if fronting.

To summarize; they help in many ways on the social aspects. Even if some periods have made us withdraw from social things, I don't think we can blame it all on headmates. They worked more as support during those times and those downs had more with trauma to do in general.

Hello. I'm Xar, and I'm the original host of this system.

I share this head with Matsuri and Kurisutina

Progress Report | Vibe with our system 

(edited)
7 hours ago, Samantha said:

Next question: do you think your tulpa has hindered or helped your social life outside this community?

They have helped immensely, did I ever mention (I know I didn't) that this system has a bright future thanks to them? I used to be scared of people or even taking walks alone, but now it is such a huge part of our life, and it comes very natural too. Last year I was so anxious and scared of entering adulthood (leaving our house, finding a job, dealing with people, etc...), and now we're moving out to live with our partner, miles away, and the odd thing is that I am even excited myself! Everything feels so surreal compared to when I was main fronter. Yes, yes they helped.

Oh, add on top of that hanging out with friends and even looking forwards to school, fricking school. Damn Mirichu and Akai, congrats. I love you both.

Edited by Guest

That’s so awesome! What’s it like to have a relationship with someone else as a person with tulpas? Is it like only one has the relationship, or everyone, or like all kinds of cross relationships of all types? So many questions, like what if one tulpa doesn’t like another, but the hosts do?

If this is too personal, don’t answer.

(edited)
On 7/21/2020 at 9:13 AM, Samantha said:

How long did it take you for your tulpa to be vocal?

In terms of being able to speak, I was vocal from the start. Most of my headmates were also vocal from the start because Cat believed we were characters and expected us to speak.

Once Cat discovered tulpamancy, it took a really long time for her to get over her parrotnoia. It took about a month or two for me.

On 7/22/2020 at 8:57 AM, Samantha said:

hat are your experiences with tulpish, whether you speak it or your tulpa or both?

First let me answer this question:

On 7/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, Miri said:

When you think about something, do you do it in literal words or is it more like concepts? tulpish for us is abstract thinking

Unfortunately, we are really bad at tulpish, so we set the bar pretty low and call everything that is non-verbal communication tulpish. Our ability to communicate abstractly is really difficult for us to do, which seems weird because of our autism. If we don't use words most of the time, we can't understand each other.

When one of us is speaking in gibberish, it's usually because we can't think of the words or we're trying to get someone's attention. Our Sub Rep will sometimes use tulpish to convey emotion as well. Visually, we can convey how we feel with body language using our forms and sometimes we also use speech bubbles or cartoony icons to express how we feel.

On 7/22/2020 at 9:38 AM, Samantha said:

pft... she just said “fine”. -.-

Lol, but you got a response though!

That conversation starter doesn't always work, as I have seen trying to strike a conversation with Cat. At this stage, you may be better off telling her about something you're doing or interested in and have her respond with her opinion on that.

On 7/22/2020 at 4:54 PM, Luminesce said:

I agree that upvotes can be problematic for that same reason. When an OP selects advice they like, it's not because that advice is the "better advice", it's because that advice is specific to them. I think upvotes would knock confidence in people who are giving good answers but not the specific answer the OP is looking for.

On 7/23/2020 at 9:18 AM, Samantha said:

[Cat] Even though I lost contact with most of my irl friends, I don't think Ranger's involvement with this community was a hindrance. Ranger socializing taught me social skills, and losing contact with my friends seemed inevitable because I can't drive and they all moved away (and in once case I just lost her number and have no good way of getting it back).

I'm hopeful I and/or Ranger will meet a new irl friend and have a better relationship with them after the coronavirus stuff dies down.

38 minutes ago, Samantha said:

What’s it like to have a relationship with someone else as a person with tulpas? Is it like only one has the relationship, or everyone, or like all kinds of cross relationships of all types? So many questions, like what if one tulpa doesn’t like another, but the hosts do?

[Ranger] There are two general ideas on how to do this. One idea is the whole system dates the other person, and the other idea is each headmate gets to choose who they date. I am more familiar with the former because I knew a system that did that, but personally I am very curious about trying the latter.

As for experience? I never got a girlfriend or boyfriend, so I don't have first hand experience of either.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

25 minutes ago, Samantha said:

What’s it like to have a relationship with someone else as a person with tulpas?

I like to think of it as having a system of two systems, like how a relationship is an art of two individuals becoming one unit. Think of it as a tulpa system trying to work as a single individual with multiple people sharing the head, and then the same with two tulpa systems doing the same but outside the head, inception style. Then there's a feeling of strong social intimacy of being able to have headmates express themselves and no need to hide things or pretend, 100% openness and understanding of each others subjective realities.

25 minutes ago, Samantha said:

Is it like only one has the relationship, or everyone, or like all kinds of cross relationships of all types?

Polygamy is a must, can't imagine it working that well otherwise. Bonus points for being 3 in both systems. We also have the ones who front more than others, the ones we call 'main fronters' or 'hosts' (doesn't have to be "original host"), so it kinda feels natural to have like the speakers of the systems through whoever is main fronter. We're planning on practical stuff there too about fronting schedules or splitting fronting in any consistent way, but that's for another topic.

26 minutes ago, Samantha said:

like what if one tulpa doesn’t like another, but the hosts do?

We all love each other no matter what, that's guaranteed. There's no reason to not like each other, we accept each other fully. From the darkest pits to the brightest sky.