First One to Reach 1,000 posts wins!

Azure Someone

Unless switching works differently in your system, somehow I have the feeling Kanade getting lewd with her partner is going to result in her uh... forgetting you're there. You may feel like Tanaka's partner is hot, but you probably won't be around for the whole thing.

I'm definitely not an expert on this though, just putting a thought out there.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

That is an interesting dillema.

Both Joy and Ren have experianced singlet time, and poor Bear has come back to some odd memories.

Inconsistent with his gender preferences and will.

Thankfully nothing lewd. We don't want to give him a heart attack.

Edited by SheShe

We have gotten pretty good at second position, so I'm not sure that'd be the case. Incidentally, no one in our system seems to be able to go dormant on demand the way Joy can

We are
Uncannyfellow: host - 12/07/1992
Kanade: tulpa - 9/16/2018
Cornelia: tulpa - 9/31/2018
Nikki: soulbonded walkin - 5/6/2023

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Mirichu said:

So that's the trick to switching

Well... Uh... Not what I intended but... No harm in trying?

I would assume any physical activity that requires attention would produce the same effect.

23 minutes ago, uncannyfellow said:

We have gotten pretty good at second position, so I'm not sure that'd be the case. Incidentally, no one in our system seems to be able to go dormant on demand the way Joy can

We can easily do dormant on demand, but we're terrible at staying active in tulpa position. We heavily rely on triggers to wake us up multiple times so we get our fronting or activity time.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

3 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Well... Uh... Not what I intended but... No harm in trying?

I would assume any physical activity that requires attention would produce the same effect.

We have this weird thing where our brain goes into daydreaming mode and all of us sort of watch the brain fill in the gaps on autopilot. No talking, just watching random thoughts pass by, and that's when we do physical stuff. Walks are the exception, since they're relaxing and we don't have trouble focusing. But if it's active exercise or something that requires lots of energy, then we seem unable to talk to each other for too long before the brain goes into daydreaming mode, as it is easier.

We don't have that privilege of going inactive when we're 'forgotten', we pretty much stay there even if the main fronter is climbing Mt. Everest struggling for oxygen.

1 hour ago, Mirichu said:

We don't have that privilege of going inactive when we're 'forgotten', we pretty much stay there even if the main fronter is climbing Mt. Everest struggling for oxygen.

I never put anyone into dormancy except Bear that I can remember. The only way I know how is to ask politely. Misha says 'no' equally politely. Darlene, same. With SheShe, she's not gone dormant yet.

Joy would switch in and boom, next thing I know we're co-fronting again. That one time with Ren, we didn't expect it to happen. Considering she's Joy's clone, we should have taken precautions. Joy doesn't always do that, but she does it at will and instantly. SheShe hasn't switched in yet, Misha only does because she can't avoid it when she's drawing.

Bear experiences singlet life only in the middle of the night if he's up. We begin to drop out at night and pop back in, in the morning.

[Bear] if I wake up at say 1am, I'm alone. I can call on any of them, but I usually don't.

I used to put them to bed, like actually see them go to their rooms, but it's been a long time since I bothered. They will go dormant at night for five to eight hours at staggered times, that's all there is to it. 

I know that I can go to sleep with the body still 'up' and if no one switches in it will just lay there. Deep thoughtless sleep is either related to dormancy or it is the same. This might tie into how some people report feeling rested after dormancy. 

We also can all go way back for an instant, that's what autoreset does. Everyone goes when I pull the trigger. It's really like a reset button that instantaneously restarts the brain.

Again, experiences beyond this are controversial, but we still have them to this day.

How did dormancy work in your system again? I can't remember

And idk, we fully believe we can reach dormancy as Akai and I have gone dormant or inactive before, on command too