Mentors In Training?

Ranger

I am really surprised to hear of 'not so nice' mentors... Cat got ghosted? Even if there are no present mentors, I would imagine any forum mod would be open to messages and would help steer people reasonably well. I'm also surprised there isn't a list of 'safe' people to approach with questions. Usually you can tell just by the way people write how personable they will be. Jean-Luc, Vos, Apollo, Pleeb... They may be busy, but I have always found them helpful. AB, Ranger, Reilyn come to mind... There are good people here, I think one only need to ask "may I ask' and allow someone permission to decline or recommend a thread or another person to ask.

The "bad experience" Reilyn is talking about is when a user asked me to read their PR, however I was in the midst of taking finals, graduating, and then moving to another state for the summer. It was a huge change for me, I needed time to adjust. If they had sent me a reminder when I was settled, there wouldn't have been a problem. I was just too busy and forgot. I am less busy now, however, so I'd be happy to take someone else on.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Do we still do this? Would love a mentor

If you have a question or concern that you don't want to make public, approach someone you trust and ask if they're open, contact a forum mod. Most of them of them are pretty smart folks. And then there's me... I only play smart on tv.

I have an idea. How about a less formal "PMs open" thread, where people can provide a description of what sort of things they can help with and be put on a list, and then can get taken off whenever they want

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)