Why Your Tulpa Probably Isn't Evil

Raymond

All worlds all access hm? I mean, does she have superpowers? The negotiations start there, but if she's so stubborn as to not even budge then we're done until she changes her strategy.

The following sound horrible, but i've read indie stories and these are pretty tame.

Strand her on a high grav criminal planet where only the worst possible criminals are 'disposed', ones that are so depraved and vile that whatever she would do to then would be too good for them. Intelligent, human, and brutal like Crematoria, then quarantine the planet.

Put her on a high sec city world where trillions of people live, she could easily fullfil her needs with contract kills against high value targets and spend her earnings in the black market slave trade. But you'll have to put a tracer on her that prevents her from leaving planetside. The trick is, they carefully monitor her and only give her access to 'special slaves' none of them are in any way innocent, trust me.

Offer her some choices, give her time to think.  

Somehow i feel it won't work though. She may not be 'happy' but it may require a little coaxing on your part to get her relocated.

I am reminded of a similar person in my past, it may come down to you carefully crafting a storyline that kind of forces her to 'learn the error of her ways'.

I could help you craft a set of scenarios for her to work through.

It'll have to be 'tough choices' for her that systematically counters the conditioning she had and jumpers the implants, mentally speaking. If she's so strong willed, she'll understand the consequences for her actions eventually.

Yeah, otherwise no.

The dragons in my lore are OP monsters. They're cunning, ruthless, powerful magic users, mind alteration experts, they torture, kill, enslave, and worst of all, they're generally crass on dinner dates. So i wouldn't let any of them roam free in wonderland either.

Ah, yeah, sorry about the confusion. A little clarification on access and worlds. Our system has several worlds which we've created over the years. Since I'm the host, it falls to me to administrate them.

So, being in IT, I decided to set it up with a simple rights system where each entity has rights depending on their status and origin. We primarily have three sets of entities, tulpas which generally are aware of what's going on and themselves, extras who are like the faceless people you pass on the street and forget about and then there's characters who are kind of like named extras. You know, like say a shop keeper you see once in a blue moon. Anyways, since technically Jane was just a character, she doesn't really have access to any other worlds like my other tulpas have.

When she got herself trapped in the stasis filter, I thought that maybe it was time to see if she could handle it, to lift the veil so to speak. So I took her to our central world and told her just enough to let her know that she was onto something. But that I couldn't really answer any of it right now. I asked her to stay in her world and not attempt anything more for the time being. I did that deliberately, because I wanted to see if she'd freak out (like a lot of characters do, in which case I reset them). Instead of freaking out, she seemed to just keep on living her normal life. But unbeknownst to me and the others, she was already plotting to kidnap both Circe and Mirror so she could figure out the rest on her own.

Anyways, it's a long story what happened after that, but it didn't end well for her.

What I did do though as a last ditch attempt was to have a talk with her about everything and really tell her everything, about her status, about how our worlds work, what tulpas are, that there's a real world outside, that the year really is only 20XX instead a few hundred years past that. The only thing that did was make her ask for more rights without wanting to give up anything about herself.

The problem here though is that she's damn smart and she's already shown that she can think outside of the box on more than one occasion. So I don't want to give her any more reign than she already has. Putting her in "jail" isn't going to be an option either, because every little iota of space and power I give her, she uses against me. And I really don't need that kind of tug-of-war with an entity in my head. She knows I care about her and she'll abuse that to the fullest.

As for lore reasons to "fix" her, sure those are nice ideas, but in the end it'd be just the same as brainwashing her and she'd be the first to point that out. While I've already figured out at least three story related methods to make her "normal" again, they're all still variants on the same thing, what I want .. and not what she wants.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually did something that I normally don't. Which is to actually go the vault and wake her up. As we sat down, we had the following discussion:

Jane: Missed me? That was a nice nap. So .. who do you need me to kill?

Me: I didn't really thaw you for that. I'm here to talk.  I shared your story online and there's been some discussion of whether or not you can be rehabilitated.

Jane: Oh, so you've immortalized my life in words online? I'm touched!

Me: I noticed that you always do that, you respond to things with sarcasm.

Jane: Oh no, I wasn't being sarcastic. It's actually interesting that you shared my story and that those little people out there actually care! Tell them I said hi.

Me: That wasn't what I wanted to discuss with you.

Jane: So get to the point already, all this talk is starting to bore me.

Me: Alright, someone online wanted me to say this to you (here I showed her the post)

Jane: Oh fuck me haha! What's this? First year psych student bullshit? I know exactly who I am and I like who I am. It's you who don't like the fact that I'm not willing to be another one of your happy people out there. And it's like I've told you before, it's so fucking ironic, because you could fix all of this, you could fix me. Just snap your fingers and make me into another one of your happy puppets. Go on.. I'll love it, because you'll make me love it. What do you say? A little mind fuck never hurt anyone before right? Besides, it probably won't be worse than what the military fucks did to me anyway. Oh and did I tell you about the things they did to my body the first time it came out of the tank? Oh I bet you'd love that little sordid story.. see there was that one researcher who-

Me: I don't wanna hear it.

Jane: But you'd love it! It's a spin on "Boy meets girl" where the boy has a wife that doesn't do anal and the girl is a half drugged clone that's barely conscious.

Me: I know they did terrible things to you over there and if you're serious about talking about them, I'm willing to listen.

Jane: Well, maybe it wasn't "boy meets girl" my memory is kind of fuzzy there, maybe it was "girl slowly cuts boy into ribbons" or something like that.

Me: So another lie then?

Jane: Of course! But you have to admit it makes for a compelling story, the poor innocent woman who takes revenge on all men because she was raped. You see, it makes it easier to sympathize with me. You know, paint me as the victim rather than the aggressor. Make me into that delicious little two dimensional equation that you some day solve and then.. RAINBOWS, EVERYWHERE!

Me: You know I'm not going to give up on you.

Jane: And you're such a sweetie for doing that too. Now, unless you mind, I'll be going back to my pod again. I need my beauty sleep.

And as she went back into her pod, I asked her again:

Me: Are you sure you want this? If you'd only be willing to work with me, the sky could be the limit.

Jane: Oh I'm sure. Oh and yeah, before I go.. eyes up here mister.

So that's how that discussion went. We've had a few by now. I've tried different ways to get through to her, but nothing really sticks.

I'm afraid this falls outside the scope of my advice. All of the trouble I caused was a result of poor anxiety management and the Grays are not Tulpas.

I think doing what you're doing already is the best thing for now. Keep her isolated and check in on her every now and then in case she ever decides to change her mind. She seems content with her current situation anyway.

Cat kept Blood Gray in his own castle separate from all the other Grays. She let him decorate his castle with whatever he wanted and the only "murdering" she allowed him to do was kill animals. Otherwise, the human skulls were on display; he never attacks the Grays or anyone (unless he's being used for an RP, but that's a long story, and this doesn't include the times he attacked Cat or possibly the one time Cat attacked him).

Since the Grays mirror Cat's internal emotions (with Blood Gray being no exception), Cat's perspective on the Grays changed and soon that effected all of the then violence oriented fellows. It started when Blood Gray showed up for a meeting to support Cat, and then when Cat did a 1 v 1 with him, he expressed that he didn't want to be lonely and he wanted to socialize with the Grays more. He decided to change his name to Red Gray and became more accepting of the other's company since.

While Blood Gray was envisioned as a serial killer / psychopath, that changed when he told Cat he didn't want to be that anymore.

Since Jane is a Tulpa, I don't know if this really applies. She seems to understand that being a Tulpa means she isn't allowed to hurt people, and if she's not willing to give that up then... that's really it.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 3 weeks later...

To quote Jeff Goldblum.. life.. uh.. finds a way:

[Link removed due to the fact that it's very NSFW. If anyone wants to read this, simply follow the link in our profile to our blog. The entry is called Jane, again]

While she's not on the same page as the rest of us, we've made significant progress during the last month.

But yeah, it came with a cost since we've done some things we're ... well.. not really proud of.

An angry bear reviews your wonderland adventure: 50 shades of Jane.

So the first part was actually pretty well written, it was smooth and polished enough for my taste, then some very confusing

hermaphroditic

stuff happened that was especially confusing considering there was no mention of the

transition

, then the rest of the story was a little confused on top of that, a little too choppy for my taste. Not bad for a first draft, but don't give that to the editor. The ending was also unresolved or i missed it, apparently the experiment failed to some extent?

I would cut scene the extra lewd stuff and put that in a director's cut. And probably explain their 'relationship' more clearly as the reader doesn't know the characters as well as you do.

Otherwise as a short story type adaptation of actual wonderland events, i'd put it as a 7/10 because i could tell you were trying to open it up to a wider audience and expectations are more random and choppy for wonderlanding anyway.

I only critiqued it because you shared in a public thread instead of a PR, but i'll delete this post if you feel it was unfair.

I can't recommend it in its current state, i think a lot could be gained by limiting it to R rating and expanding a little of the backstory and details toward the end. I do realize this was written for yourself and i've read a pretty substantial number of these types of works, and at least it wasn't bad. The fact that it's real tulpas or advanced thoughtforms gave it some mulligans and I like to hear abour other wonderlands, so it'd be cool to read a second edit.

I think you have some talent, as the first scenes before the NSFW were pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing.

I don't mind the review, but I shared it primarily because I wanted to give you all an update on what happened.

I was contemplating censoring it, but then I realized that it would defeat the whole purpose of writing it in the first place.

Jane and her world both are very raw, Circe  in her own way is also very raw and through this journey, both me and Circe have gone places we usually wouldn't.

I'm still not sure we've done the right thing here, but considering Jane hasn't tried any new bullshit lately, it's at least encouraging that we don't have to keep her on ice anymore.