Tulpa Vocalization Practice

Indigo Blue

Question

This is a digital worksheet that I made with the intent of helping tulpas learn how to speak through practice. Feel free to use whichever parts of the worksheet will be useful to you, and share the results if you like.

You can either make a copy of the document to record your tulpa's responses there, record them on a separate doc, or just let them talk without worrying about typing. I'd encourage you to record them, however, if only because it's a nice thing to look back on in the future. If you choose to print this doc, be aware that one of the exercises is mostly hyperlinks, so you will lose information. You should cut out exercises/information you don't need before printing.

The worksheet contains 10 exercises, each with 15 examples. The host may feel free to add their own examples as they go along. It is organized from most basic to most advanced. All of the necessary information for understanding the exercises and how to go about using it is in the document.

Here is the link.

Back-up link. [Working 1/7/21]

PDF copy: Tulpa Vocalization Practice.pdf

Image attachments for exercise #6:

Spoiler

01.jpg.3f35fc83e3c87ba1c31b4d7c5f5aa526.jpg

02.jpg.eb7f497c8fa7b025b6cf9302691f0e0f.jpg

03.jpg.ebdf23660af47ad365b86ea91f1c0e16.jpg

04.jpg.63c6ae756f5d124a969f5ec11d390601.jpg

05.jpg.e945c2b0068c98051b91311247fe2dbc.jpg

06.jpg.b097eac79f0550c5619fbb04a9d83eb5.jpg

07.jpg.6c5e00744940885e2416cc115543ef8e.jpg

08.jpg.8e173eec1385e500f8a985ddd489fc01.jpg

09.jpeg.8c8d88c8479b90f05818198034a96e14.jpeg

10.thumb.jpg.b61eea9878a0f52581e067e65d489ce8.jpg

11.jpg.98172a87e8fb845d665a09096f5c0849.jpg

12.jpg.630df4a9dcb1249354c6b0ecbe7c1f79.jpg

13.jpeg.b8e5948c8a998275dbc19c4fc6e2820a.jpeg

14.jpg.acdfdab7a92038d60d8e76bcb5f62204.jpg

15.jpg.fb7dc4c9e20dfd7ee9683230784c21c4.jpg

Break-down/description of each exercise. Feel free to create your own uses for these exercises if you don't want to use the document itself.

Spoiler

Exercise #1: Warm-Up

This is a simple word association exercise, in which a word is presented and the tulpa responds with their own word, and (optionally) explains why.

Example:

- Host: Green

- Tulpa: Red, I choose red because...

Exercise #2: Fill-in-the-blank/Mad-Libs

A noun or adjective is missing from a sentence, and the tulpa is to choose one with an optional elaboration.

Example:

- Host: The (noun) ate a (adjective) pizza

- Tulpa: The dog ate a tasty pizza

- Host: Why did you choose these words?

- Tulpa: Provides explanation

Exercise #3: Preference

Two related concepts are presented, and the tulpa will choose which one they prefer and explain why.

Example:

- Host: Snow or rain?

- Tulpa: Snow, because...

Exercise #4: Personality Trivia Questions

Simple questions are asked to the tulpa, and the tulpa may explain their answer.

Example:

- Host: What's your favorite color?

- Tulpa: Light blue, because...

Exercise #5: Conversation

The host and tulpa chat about some general topic that interests them.

Example:

- The host and tulpa discuss the kind of music they listen to.

Exercise #6: Image Describing

An image is shown to the tulpa, and they are meant to describe it, explain how it makes them feel, talk about what they think about it, etc.

Example:

- The host provides a picture of a panda, and the tulpa describes it and explains their reactions to it.

Exercise #7: Describe this Character

A concept of a character is presented to the tulpa, and they are to give it a backstory, a conflict, a physical description, or anything else they can think of.

Example:

- The host tells the tulpa to describe "Greg the superhero," and the tulpa goes on to explain what he looks like, what his powers are, and how he helps people.

Exercise #8: Continue the Story

The plot synopsis of a story is given, and the tulpa is to continue it using their own imagination/creativity.

Example:

- Host: One day, a mysterious stranger leaves a box at everyone's front door in Jeff's neighborhood.

- Tulpa: Jeff wants to open the box, but he's afraid because...

Exercise #9: Monologue

The tulpa finds a topic and then monologues on it without any interruption by the host.

Example:

- The host brings up animals to the tulpa, and the tulpa is allowed to think and speak about animals without interruption, and their mind meanders freely as they do so

Exercise #10: Complex Questions

Complex and/or intellectual/philosophical questions are asked to the tulpa to really get them thinking.

Example:

- The host asks the tulpa to give their opinion on the host's current life situation, and the tulpa then thinks and speaks freely on the subject.

(Submitted for Resources)

Edited by Ranger
Verified working Mediafire link, replaced broken hidden code with a spoiler tag, added pdf back-up, uploaded all images as attatchments and placed in spoiler tag

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

(edited)

keep in mind that your tulpa’s voice won’t sound like some alien noise in your head. Vocality, at its core, is just the tulpa creating verbal thoughts, just like your own. When a tulpa speaks, it’s simply them taking control of the conscious mind and creating thoughts as words/sentences, so don’t expect something too foreign as they learn to speak, and don’t expect them to have a different voice right away.

Some of the most important advice for a new tulpamancer to understand. Very good start for any vocality guide.

you should try to let go of and ignore your doubts while filling this out on your tulpa’s behalf. It’s alright if you have them, that’s totally normal, just try to ignore them. Set aside those thoughts and let them speak their mind freely. If you’re not totally certain about something, just ask them if that’s what they really meant, and trust their answer.

[...]

One thing that hosts often get frustrated with is the fact that they know what their tulpa is going to say before they say it. That’s totally normal: thoughts occur before verbalization for tulpas and hosts. Simply allow them to speak their mind, don’t get irked by that fact. If anything, it’s a good sign: it means they’re actually thinking through what their response will be before they give it.

Okay, this is complete A+ stuff right here. Even without the exercises this is already proving to be an excellent intro for vocality.

As for the exercises themselves, I can see their utility but I'm not especially impressed. I feel like most of these are more useful as prompts to encourage talking rather than exercises that might make it easier for a tulpa to talk in the first place. Additionally, I feel like I would never use the example prompts for each exercise. All that said, I've met plenty of tulpamancers with vocal tulpas who probably needed these for early tulpa conversations anyway, and this kind of thing probably works better than unstructured "talk to the void" approaches to reaching vocality. I'll also give a quick shout out to exercise 10, those questions are ones that a lot more tulpamancers need to ask early on.

Approved for resources.

Edited by Ranger
Made quoted text readable

Radical Dreamers system includes:

Jester of Doom, host

Fox, 9 year old tulpa made by Doom

Tiger Valkyrie, 1 year old tulpa made by Doom

Kitsune in Yellow, 1 year old tulpa made by Fox

Voice of Planet, 1 year old tulpa made by several members

Overall, this is an excellent resource that encourages for the Tulpa to think, gives a really solid basis for vocality, and goes over the potential issues a struggling Host would encounter. I also like the fact that this work sheet gives the host and their Tulpa conversation starters that can lead to future conversation and help the Tulpa grow. Honestly, I wish this was available when Cat was trying to figure out ideas for forcing sessions a long time ago.

As it stands, approved for resources. I found a few minor things you may be interested in going back and changing for polishing reasons, so I left them in a hidden tag here-

[hidden]

For exercise 2, I recommend using a/an/the instead of "a" in general. and for some reason the addition of this is inconsistent.

12. This zoo is full of (adjective) (noun)!

It makes more sense grammatically to use (plural noun) instead of noun here.

02. What’s your form?

12. When were you created?

These are facts rather than personality questions. As it stands it's fine for approval, but it seems to break the theme of the excersise since all of the other statements are questions asking for the Tulpa's opinion. It may be better to say something along the lines of "02. What do you like about your form?" or "12. Does the date of your creation have a special meaning to you?"

010. School/work

I found this minor formatting typo where there's an extra zero. I figured it was worth mentioning because I realized you were trying to keep all the numbers aligned by adding a 0 in front of the numbers 1-9.

[/hidden]

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

On 5/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, Kitsune in Yellow said:

One thing that hosts often get frustrated with is the fact that they know what their tulpa is going to say before they say it. That’s totally normal: thoughts occur before verbalization for tulpas and hosts. Simply allow them to speak their mind, don’t get irked by that fact. If anything, it’s a good sign: it means they’re actually thinking through what their response will be before they give it.

honey thank you for putting this out here! i thought i was parroting beacuse of it

Edited by Ranger
Made quoted text readable

As of now, the Mediafire link still works. However, I added a pdf copy as a back-up in case something happens to the Google Doc and the Mediafire links. I also uploaded all 15 images for exercise #6 as attachments. I also added a back-up pdf for @Théotime's French translation.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Ray and I started going through this, and it was very helpful, but he told me he was getting bored part of the way through, so we stopped. We’ll probably come back to it at some point.

(edited)

Tried some of these out last night. Exercise #4 is missing question number 3:

02. What’s your form?

04. What’s your favorite animal?

Edited by Etna

Doc (she/her) = Host

Franklyn (he/him) = Tulpa