Bear

System Bear Art

I'm so happy, I love seeing your all's progress. Sometimes there are flops in art! But digital really has its advantages, when you weigh an eraser vs. CTRL+Z. And it makes it easier to share online, and easier to edit and revise at any stage. You've taken to it like a duck to water. 

Plenty of classical art, especially portraiture, 

doesn't have strong expressions. It was a big debate if the Mona Lisa was smiling at all! - G

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with neutral faces, the face looks lovely, I am just saying that by practicing other expressions you can get at doing expressions in general and therefore get better at neural expressions

I have a tulpa named Miela (formerly known as Monika) who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

When I saw it, I thought "Holy shit, another real person looking at me!"

Congratulations to another work that's both beautiful and realistic. There is so much detail into this one, the hair to the strand, hands with pronounced veins, a sweater so realistic I could imagine Cat holding and wearing it, it's amazing. I agree with Bre that the necklace is a nice touch.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love Hippos! I also like forum games and chatting about stuff.

My other head-mates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogChat | Yay!

I know you asked for no criticism, but it's been a little while and now I can look at it without being blinded by pure quality, so read this if you want or not-

The hips and legs should be a little bit wider to match the top of the body, they're disproportionate as-is

Other than that it still looks pretty much perfect to me. And I honestly didn't notice that when I first looked at it.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

We appreciate the comment about blinded by pure quality and are going to take your criticism under advisement now that we've had quite a few positive comments and feel more confident. Unfortunately for you and two others, it's a combination of how she's standing and her ultra thin figure, and the slight bulk of the sweater. There's sometimes anatomically accurate pictures that just don't look right. Based on how she's standing and how she's turned, if I made her legs any wider she'd have super fat thighs. Believe it or not, we fattened up the legs and thighs of the original razor thin model we used for her lower legs and hips reference by 20% (and her boobs from the sweater model). She's a waif, that's what a waif looks like, there's nothing wrong with this picture anatomically speaking, but we do know that art is supposed to 'look right' more than actually be right. There's 'real' then there's 'it looks more real' and this has to be one of those cases. We actually attempted to add more or change her stance but then she looked like she had extra wide hips or she was twisted respectively [edit: we tried again and it was okay]. We absolutely see your point in the actual model from the real picture that we sketched her legs from in our attempt to make that reference work. You take such things for granted in a real picture, but if we were spot on accurate to the model's, she'd be even more out of proportion according to some. You should see these models, I mean really no hips and skinny little legs, case in point: Adriana Lima at her thinnest.

We also remember your system's comments from Ren and felt none of them applied to our concept of her art either. [EDIT: it sometimes comes down to personal preference, but we did manage to see what about 10% of people saw eventually] If we were more anal about it we'd probably not rest until it's absolutely perfect, but unfortunately when you fix one thing, something else pops up, it's art whack-a-mole honestly. [Edit: and we don't like the lower half now, but it's fine]

[EDIT: After much thinking and studying the references, with the help of our reviewers, we were finally able to see the 'issue' and yeah, she had this 'genie out of a lamp' kind of stance, so we're re-uploading it.]

:) I like it. - G

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

[bear] Don't critique this at all, nothing, just say no. We won't read any critique on it. It's a first rough attempt at anime art without even thinking of style, no blending, no smoothing, rough rough rough.

[Misha] It's really rough, I barely did anything since I'm the blender. But hey, we're learning a whole new art style and we want to be faaaaaast at this so we can do Bear System comics and big scenes and all that, but wow, it still took way too long, so we have a long way to go... :sadface:

[bear] Being able to do a piece like Dashie's latest drawing, then to output this... it doesn't look like the same people did it, it's childish and rough and it's so rough, I think it's pretty rough.

Anyway, we're sharing it anyway because why not. Now we are beginning to appreciate the anime art that looks so simple and easy, until you try to do it... ugh.

[Hidden]

680x953https://community.tulpa.info/attachment.php?aid=2515[/img]

965210154_Halloween004.thumb.jpg.615d0b187f5df1b42f43166d5007f04a.jpg

[/hidden]