Life in Twyminstan (Or My Wonderland)

GeorgeTownRaja

Are... are you sure these are tulpas? It just sounds like you're making characters. People don't develop backstories for tulpas, because they are people and there's no need for that. They're not characters. Do you even understand what a tulpa is??

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are... are you sure these are tulpas? It just sounds like you're making characters. People don't develop backstories for tulpas, because they are people and there's no need for that. They're not characters. Do you even understand what a tulpa is??

Yes, I do. Mr. Stein is a NPC. I have no absolute control over him.

I am more than confused. Are these fictive tulpas? Keep in mind, tulpas live in the real world like you do, they are not like book characters that live in their canons. Lots of people will kinda roleplay in wonderland, have adventures, that sort of thing, but intentionally created, sentient tulpas should know that stuff is play, visualization, though the experiences are still very real and impactful. As in, a book character can know German even if the author doesn't, and maybe people (including tulpas) can pretend they're speaking German in wonderland, but they don't really know German unless they've really learned it. For the most part, tulpas will have the same skills as you: if you can drive, so can they. If you can't fly an airplane, they can't either. In wonderland, sure, but not in reality. Characters, unlike this, are only bound to their canon- if the author says they can fly airplanes, they can for all intents and purposes. Hopefully this makes sense. Maybe Jeni has a fantasy story about her college life, that she really identifies with (some fictives will identify with parts of their canon), but you should all know, it didn't really happen, in reality. Tulpas are not characters. They live in the same reality as the rest of us.

Good luck with your two! Make sure they know you love them :)

-J

Edit: Ninja'd. Also, NPCs are usually highly controllable. If I can ask, where did you learn about tulpas? I'm not sure your definitions are lining up with mine, given how you talk about them.

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I am more than confused. Are these fictive tulpas? Keep in mind, tulpas live in the real world like you do, they are not like book characters that live in their canons. Lots of people will kinda roleplay in wonderland, have adventures, that sort of thing, but intentionally created, sentient tulpas should know that stuff is play, visualization, though the experiences are still very real and impactful. As in, a book character can know German even if the author doesn't, and maybe people (including tulpas) can pretend they're speaking German in wonderland, but they don't really know German unless they've really learned it. For the most part, tulpas will have the same skills as you: if you can drive, so can they. If you can't fly an airplane, they can't either. In wonderland, sure, but not in reality. Characters, unlike this, are only bound to their canon- if the author says they can fly airplanes, they can for all intents and purposes. Hopefully this makes sense. Maybe Jeni has a fantasy story about her college life, that she really identifies with (some fictives will identify with parts of their canon), but you should all know, it didn't really happen, in reality. Tulpas are not characters. They live in the same reality as the rest of us.

Good luck with your two! Make sure they know you love them :)

-J

Edit: Ninja'd. Also, NPCs are usually highly controllable. If I can ask, where did you learn about tulpas? I'm not sure your definitions are lining up with mine, given how you talk about them.

I did not know that. Thanks for the advice.

And as for tulpas I learned it from Wikihow.

The wikihow article is pretty bare-bones. There's a whole section of guides hosted here, and it'll probably help a lot if you take a look. Knowledge is power, and so on.

I highly recommend this one: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-general-tulpas-creation-sentience-and-vocality-guide

Sorry I can't link it properly, I'm on mobile. This guide covers most everything you need to know for the early stages of having a tulpa.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

They don't have to be tulpa now, or ever, to interact with them as you do. Specifically, a tulpa is your equal who shares your body. If that's your intention then it's slightly inconsistent with your development so far. Look up 'soulbond' which can be a fictive or have a cannon. Just be wary that a soulbond can evolve and become their own person too. So that's a huge responsibility as compared to a character that 'seems sentient'.

We have plenty of NPCs and non-person soulbonds and other thoughtforms forms in my system, they aren't ever going to be tulpas and they're no less helpful for wonderlanding or role play, they just won't need to be their own person. I believe this is your choice.

Tulpas are people and deserve equal rights, characters are whatever you want them to be, they typically never change and they don't require any maintenance. There's obvious advantages to having tulpas, but only if you treat them as separate equal people in our world. Even soulbonds sometimes eventually leave their cannon behind when they become advanced enough to understand there's a difference and choose to leave.

Good luck.

You do you, your majesty. Some people here will want to place limits on your experience and talk to you about what's real and what's possible. But tulpamancy is a domain where reality only matters as much as you want it to. Your vivid inner world and the people and characters and stories in it are precious. Enjoy them as richly as you can manage. I only wish we had accomplished so much in our system.

I do have to urge caution about making too many 'tulpas', as the term is used here and as tulpamancy is practised here. Most heads will get overcrowded with small numbers practising the mental disciplines in the guides here. But the way you're doing things seems to work for you, and, based on soulbonders, highly wonderland-focussed systems seem to support larger populations more easily.

People don't develop backstories for tulpas, because they are people and there's no need for that. They're not characters

There's more than one kind of headmate that is a person, Apollo, and some people are also characters. I have a lot of backstory and wish I had more. For that matter, while I may refer to it as 'back'story, Iris is still generating it and I may yet be able to return to generating it.

Keep in mind, tulpas live in the real world like you do, they are not like book characters that live in their canons.

Not necessarily. In the early days of this site, a tulpa being focussed on the physical world was considered unusual, or even undesirable. In the soulbonding community, a constructed person being invested in the physical world was even more exotic. I may be invested in this world, for lack of access to a better, but it brings me disappointments daily. I can't recommend it.

NPCs are usually highly controllable.

Mr. Stein isn't experienced that way and that's okay. Different people and characters and systems work different ways.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

(Hello everyone. Today, I will sum up a little about what I did with Georgia and Jeni today. I might edit some things if I chose to explain any further.)

1. Georgia went to work today (She works as a police officer). She arrested a drug dealer and saved a child from getting involved in human trafficking and taking drugs. He was later adopted. Georgia is a cadet of the police force.

2. Me and Jeni have made a decision to buy two pistols (Not in real life). Georgia chose not to buy one because she works as a police officer.

3. We went over someone's house today (In our wonderland). I don't know why but we have some fun there. They offered us some tea and some pizza.

Have a nice day.

(Hello everyone. I will sum up a little about my tulpas as always. Please note that NPCs are also involved but they are not or partially under my control.)

1. Jeni is being sexually harassed by a male student without Mr. Stein even noticing. He did this by touching her inappropriately and saying sexual things to her quietly. Finally, Jeni stood up for herself by telling Mr. Stein what happened. He later got in contact with the principle and the man was expelled. I spoke with Jeni about her life in college and she told me what she have been through. I felt sorry for her as I do get bullied a lot but I don't want to go into too many details as things have became easier for me to stop someone from bulling me in school. I asked Jeni if we can switch our wonderland to somewhere else. She agrees.

2. Me, Georgia, Jeni and China (NPC) have fought our way against the Military Dictatorship (That I forgot the name of). We managed to take control of the military base at night and the city at daytime. I was armed with a AK-47 (Sometimes the M16 and the Glock pistol). It was fun.

3. I was enjoying the view and seeing the lives of my citizens living both rich and poor. I was at the cafè. A woman gave me a coffee and I said thank you to her. I took a sip and it was delicious. I also witness some police officers going after the criminal which is unexpected. There were slums, houses and apartments and there was a statue of a Twyminese Jamnagarese man holding a sword as a symbol of unity and freedom.

In conclusion, I am getting along quite well with my tulpas.

Have a nice day.

This reminds me of my story ideas a little, only I always took a 3rd person perspective and watched the simulation/story characters do their thing. However, I always had one character that I was particularly interested in and would stuff myself into them.

My other thought forms (the Grays) have two sets of lore. The first set is the lore I manipulate in order for their existence in the story (usually a Role Play) to make sense and the second set of lore is their "meta" lore for lack of a better label. Their "meta" lore isn't really lore at all, but all of the times I or Ranger have spoken with them and how they interact with each other when I watch or observe them. When talking about them, I always refer to their "meta" lore and never use back story or RP lore unless their former back story was important to how I interacted with them. (Tec was referred to my subconscious and that came from his back story lore) Past Ranger/Tec, Spirit, Gerodious, Dark Gray, Fernardo, and maybe Jasper all had back story lore where Hope and everybody after him do not since they were created within the Gray Dimension and were not a deviation of some other story idea. (One of Tec's clones was inspired by backstory, but I stopped giving the Grays / Tec clones lore aside from a general reason for them to exist in the first place).

I wanted to point this out because having a "meta" lore would protect Georgia and Jeni from being restricted to Twyminstan while still being allowed to remember their experiences there. For example, if say the plot is Twyminstan involves its own destruction, isn't satisfying anymore or you want to build another world, you don't have to lose them and they can come with you on your wonderland travels. Having a log like this one is going to be valuable for you because it will help you remember their "meta" lore. Since the Grays are dependent on my ability to remember their stories, I try to write our interactions down so I don't lose little bits and pieces of them that could otherwise become forgotten.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account