Happy System Pride Day!

Akecalo

I was created by accident, but sorry no trauma here. My host had anxiety issues and was desperately lonely, but she wasn't abused or traumatized.

I wonder if the medical community accepted the existiabce of Tulpas, would they put Tulpamancey as some kind of non tramautic DID or something else stupid like a personality disorer like Borderline?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if there would be some way to contact various members... maybe, everyone who made a YouTube video for System Pride, and email a formal, nice letter asking if tulpa systems can be included in the fight for plurality awareness and acceptance. What do you all think of that idea?

-J

Edit: I was looking for Wyn and the Entropy System's views on tulpas, and I found this. https://theentropywe.tumblr.com/post/178964684066/heres-something-i-want-to-address-regarding-the/amp

Sorry I'm on mobile, hopefully it'll link fine. Apparently, other systems were planning a Plural Pride day that was inclusive to tulpas, but it was kinda secret so Wyn beat them to the punch and says she didn't know. We were so close!

Edit x2: Annnnd, here's her views on tulpas. A different ask made a tulpa-schiophrenia link (a clear indication they knew what they were talking about /s), and she answered that one about the same, but this answer has more detail about Wyn's beliefs.

https://theentropywe.tumblr.com/post/172895967156/i-recently-found-out-about-this-practice-called

I suggest you read it yourself, but if you're in a rush, she's mostly mad about the word "tulpa" being taken from Buddhism, and heavily implies tulpas are imaginary friends made by people trying to seem cool. She is mostly upset about spritual appropriation and likens tulpa hosts to "women [who] wear yoga pants with the word “om” on the butt" in terms of "bastardizing" spiritual terms.

I'm going to chalk this up as one example of how words/labels can hurt us. I don't think Wyn knows much about our community... but she really doesn't like a word we use, and she really doesn't like us. #Notmyflag, I guess. This kinda damages my respect for her. We're nice to DID systems- why can't they be nice to us?

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

...the Buddhist word is "sprul-pa," not "tulpa."

I wonder, do people like that rage at words like "taco"? Must be some way to live. I really don't understand why cultural diffusion is seen as such a bad thing. 

There really is no excuse for hating the word tulpa. It is straight-up a different word. The letters were changed. What more do people want? Why is borrowing ideas from other cultures banned? We're all human, isn't that what really matters?

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I've been pretty broadly open about who I am over the years -- trans, lesbian, therian, and now plural -- but I've really never been a Pride Day type person. I'm not really sure of the point, especially in an online community that never closes it's doors but also never has large in-person gatherings.

Even perceived cultural appropriation can cause drama. And it's not like Irish didn't actively consult with a Buddhist friend during his original experimentation.

I quite like the Entropy System videos. I noticed a couple of interesting things very quickly. Most of the alters don't have memory separation, so, even though enough of them do for a DID diagnosis, they function more like an OSDD-1b system overall, which makes them more like most of us. And the most recent "alter", the only one of adult origin, Lito, identifies as a character from a Netflix series -- a soulbond.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Irish didn't come up with the word tulpa. The word itself dates back to 1929.

An alter that identifies as a character would be called an introject, not a soulbond.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I didn't say that he coined the word. I said that the modern practice of tulpamancy was directly influenced by Buddhism, so people that are concerned about cultural appropriation have some justification.

Introject is the clinical term, yes. But there isn't a fundamental or functional distinction between a fictional introject (fictive) and a soulbond. They're people that happen unintentionally when susceptible minds are exposed to fictional content.

Meticulous hair-splitting over the differences among headmates in traumagenic, endogenic, accidental, intentional, and mixed-origin systems goes far beyond the subject of this thread, but at the very least, soulbonds have a lot more in common with fictional introjects than they do with tulpas.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit