JGC

Mostly J's Art Thread

I guess I've an art thread now. Expect more. I bought a new sketchbook. Assume everything in this thread is my own (J's) doing, unless otherwise stated. 

400x253https://i.imgur.com/AT5yYIs.jpg[/img]

Just pencil, with lots of filters. Drawing Gavin was a new experience. The smoke look was tricky, I enjoyed it. I redrew my mouth enough that I couldn't erase the shadow... well, it just makes it a stronger likeness. I wanted to draw Gavin's kisses, because I've noticed that I always look away from him when he does it, if I'm not in a place to straight-up shut my eyes. 

And don't worry, Dashie... I was warming up with this, so I don't have to do a take three for you. Oh... gouache has not been kind to me, pencil alone is so much easier. 

[G/ It's better when you remember I'm also green!]

Edit: it was way too big

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

You all are lovely, thank you for your compliments <3 Gavin

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

A very liberal interpretation of a Bob Ross video. I was shooting for my wonderland and had Cassidy in my ear going "More trees... greener... more reflections." It's spring there, right now, but this painting is in fall. It says "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake  - Henry David Thoreau" on the bottom edge, but I cropped out my handwriting  :)

750x459https://i.imgur.com/2U1PE3T.jpg[/img]

My first landscape in gouache. More than a bit muddy, but I'm happy with it. It's hanging up in my desk cubicle at school, now.

ooo, well done! I like the reflection of the trees in the water, I think that effect is really cool.

I also like what you did with the clouds, they look rather realistic.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love Hippos! I also like forum games and chatting about stuff.

My other head-mates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogChat | Yay!