JGC

Mostly J's Art Thread

Just so you know, I for one see the happy little tree.

Currently share myself with four other entities.

Noriko was created on December 15, 2014.  Sabari was created by Noriko on January 22, 2015.

Anzu was reborn on May 23, 2016.  Xiri returned on June 16, 2018.  Both had been inactive since 2012.

Progress Report | Ask a Question Thread

A very liberal interpretation of a Bob Ross video. I was shooting for my wonderland and had Cassidy in my ear going "More trees... greener... more reflections." It's spring there, right now, but this painting is in fall. It says "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake  - Henry David Thoreau" on the bottom edge, but I cropped out my handwriting  :)

750x459https://i.imgur.com/2U1PE3T.jpg[/img]

My first landscape in gouache. More than a bit muddy, but I'm happy with it. It's hanging up in my desk cubicle at school, now.

Very good. Especially with gouache. I find it much harder to work with when wanting the multiple shades and textures in a landscape. Good Work. Dr. Robert

thaislavewoman.thumb.png.59cfd37dccb6253a80584aa15f891773.png

Cassidy drew this in my sketchbook a few days ago and really upset me. Gavin and I recognized some phobic feelings about it (Wanting to rip out the page) so he asked if I was willing to redraw it (to expose myself and desensitize to the fear.) I want to do it in ink and gouache or maybe marker, and I'll be able to have smoother lines. But I don't mind this. It only look like fifteen minutes, it's real simplistic. It shouldn't be, but it's still sort of gobsmacking to me that my brothers are able to draw from different places, with completely different goals and means of expression... Cassidy's art especially has changed a lot. -J

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."

[bear] Wow, another great piece from JGC!

[Misha] That's crazy, charcoal!? The nose is really perfect and look at that sweater material!! We could have used this reference before.

[bear] Very handsome, Cassidy. I know what Cassidy is supposed to look like and this does him justice I think. I bet he's wearing a cross on that necklace.

[C] Thanks! And yea. I got myself one in wonderland, and now I'm carving it irl. 

[J] This necklace is going to have an uncomfortable amount of symbolism for me. My dad used to make wood and gold ballpoint pens, beautiful... I'm not sure if mine is still around or if I threw it away. Point being, Cassidy is carving from one of those butter-stick sized blocks of fine wood from his pen-making supplies. When I picked up the blocks, like a movie, a cloud of dust came off them and I coughed on it. Hadn't been touched in nearly a decade. 

There's also not a sharp knife in this house... bahahahah.... Ohhh... it's going to take hours and hours and hours and Cassidy LIKES that. I dunno if he'll share progress pics, or even a picture of the finished result. I have some gold tiny seed beads but I'm pretty sure Cassidy wants all wood, so we need to go to the bead store. Need to buy a strong elastic thread anyways, or whatever it's called. Have you seen mood ring beads though??? So cool, I want em. The old ladies running craft stores always love me. Used to be because I'm fresh blood, now I'm fresh blood and such a nice young man! They think it's so cool I'm into knitting or sewing or whatnot. It's an ego boost for sure. Cassidy's never been! Now we really need to go... for my birthday, perfect. Plan in place.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."