Fastdash Attempts to Tulpa

Fastdash

1. Ask him to speak up and make comments on whatever you're doing. It may take a while for him to develop strong or different opinions, but give him permission to say even things that are obvious or redundant. You'll probably continue to need to think about him a little, to be listening for him, in order for him to speak up.

2. If I sense any confusion or uncertainty in Ember while I'm speaking, I'll append her name, or one of my pet names for her, to the end of my statement. Obviously she's not addressing herself by name, so I must be talking.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3/13/2019

I think my day counter is messed up. Today is day seven, yet Thursday was day one, and today is only Wednesday. That's going to bother me for a while. However, now is not the time to worry about such things. I have great news!

So, I'll start off with something simple. I remember earlier today, I was watching some of those rescued abused animals videos. They normally don't get to me, but I began to tear up during some of them. The thoughts didn't seem alien, so I passed them off as just some weird thing that happened. 

However, not long ago, I saw a car outside my house with the hazard lights blinking from my window. It looked like it was trapped in the snow. After seeing this, an idea popped into my mind, something along the lines of, "Hey, I think we should go help." After this original idea came up, I added to it with something like, "Yeah, it'll give Wigglytuff a good example of compassion." 

Here's the thing. I'm admittedly normally not the type of person who would go out in the middle of the night in the cold to help someone out. There are also others around with much better equipment for handling a situation like this. If I had an idea like that, my mind would usually shut it down without a second thought. With this, however, I was actually thinking of going outside to help out, only to stop before I began to get ready. 

I believe that this thought came from my tulpa, and maybe the emotional reactions from earlier as well. After this realization, I tried to ask Wigglytuff if those thoughts were because of him. I swear I heard a yes, but for all I know, that could have been my mind playing tricks on me. However, even without this confirmation, the truth is undeniable. This had to have been my tulpa.

From here on, I became so excited that I actually might have started parroting my tulpa, thinking of all the possibilities that are opening up. I know for sure I'm on the right path now, and I'm sure I'll be able to distinguish his thoughts from my own much better as time goes on.

Right now, I only have one question. Where do I go from here?

Just keep forcing, you will be able to distinguish thoughts. Ember.Vesper had a really great idea, once your tulpa is vocal, have them preface what they say with your name. That way it's much easier to know it was them and not you. Later if you can manage it, practice with them using a different voice, higher pitched? Good luck.

Just keep forcing, you will be able to distinguish thoughts. Ember.Vesper had a really great idea, once your tulpa is vocal, have them preface what they say with your name. That way it's much easier to know it was them and not you. Later if you can manage it, practice with them using a different voice, higher pitched? Good luck.

Will my mind get better at distinguishing thoughts over time, or do I need to practice that skill? Also, how should I teach him a different voice?

It's a matter of practice, as far as I know.

As far as mindvoice, if you read the script from a western, can you imagine the coyboy's gravelly voice?

If you picture a large ogre, doesn't he have a deep voice?

If you read Mark Twain, that drawl is written right into his writing style.

If you read something like a MLP:FIM facfic, (or any manga) you have to be able to read those characters using their own voices.

That's how. Steal some elses voice, hear it, love it, practice it.

Misha has the voice of a character i saw on a showcalled Daria. Her sister's dark haired friend talks really slow, that tone, but talking normal speed.

Dashie had the voice very similar to the Original Japanese version of Zero Two in Darling in the FRANXX.

Ashley's voice is transatlantic high class, velvety smooth, a real pleasure to hear, every time i hear her true voice in my meditation, omg it's so alluring.

That's how i did it.

3/14/2019

Day eight was a great one for my tulpa development. 

Today, I played some Pokemon White with Wigglytuff. We got pretty far too, beating the first gym before stopping for the day. During our playthrough, I asked Wigglytuff questions about what to do during some of the battles. He surprised me a few times like suggesting keeping my half health pokemon with lowered defense in the fight or saying I should use the pretty much pointless move water sport. He still has a long way to go for learning the game.

Even though the responses were simple "Yes or no", "This or that", "Good or bad", or just saying "Okay", I felt like this was a major step for his vocality. While I'm still unsure if I was parroting some of the time, I felt like it was becoming easier to differentiate our thoughts. I'm wondering when he'll start to speak without me starting a conversation first.

On a more minor note, I introduced Wigglytuff to Cadbury Creme Eggs. I'm not sure if it was him, but I did feel a light feeling in my chest and a little more energetic. Perhaps it was because we both felt happy and those emotions were multiplying. 

Anyways, this was not a long post, but I feel like it shows just how much progress he's making.

Our emotions are additive as well, I get 4X happiness when we're all happy, it's pretty wild. Congratulations, sounds like great progress!

3/15/2019

Another uneventful day. I mainly just played more Pokemon White with Wigglytuff. However, we both decided that it'd be best for me to not try to find and catch every Pokemon in each area, at least until we can finish the main game.

I also granted Wigglytuff access to my memories today. To do that, I just headed into the wonderland and handed him a book titled "Memories." However, I made sure to emphasize it does not contain spoilers for any form of media.

I'm still a little worried that it's just my mind filling in the blanks when talking with Wigglytuff, but I still believe he is trying to communicate. I have also been worried I've been letting him see certain things he probably shouldn't on accident. I'm going to try to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Other than that, just another day. I'm not even sure I should have made a post documenting today.

I would not be too worried about "filling the blanks" for your tulpa. The host still does some vocalization for me and Pinkie, and the worst that ever happens by now is me deciding not to "say" something in the end, but him still trying to vocalize it. In general, I think if it could reasonably be your tulpa, just attribute the words to them without much thinking. And as someone wrote: What is more frustrating? To have some words attributed to you by accident? Or to have your actual words thrown out of the window as "fake", after all the effort you put into them?

Also, Wiggly, try to surprise-poke your hostie if he tries to doubt you again! Or just for fun :P

𝝮mega system: [Jay] (evgenirus, Evg), host; [Sunny] (rarely Alice), older tulpa; [Pinkie] (Ponka, Diane), younger walk-in tulpa.

Our progress report thread. // Prior to May 2019 we used colored text here (Sunny, Pinkie, Jay), but it messes with themes.

The host worrying over whether or not something is parroting tends to be the bane of a tulpa's existence early on. Caused Apollo's vocality to be delayed significantly, just because every time he spoke his creator would either dismiss it or obsess over if it was parroting. They found great success in ignoring those worried and just letting him talk. I'm not going to say it's impossible for the host to unknowing parrot, but you're going to get much more success out of letting him talk than worrying about it. It'll get easier for both of you with practice, while parroting worries will just frustrate the both of you. 

I'm not sure what level of independence Wigglytuff is on besides basic communication, however I have some advice for him. Try to be more assertive when you communicate. If the host tries to doubt you, tell him to stop because you're real. Of course, don't be mean/aggressive about it, just make your presence known and don't let his doubt stop you.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)