Fastdash Attempts to Tulpa

Fastdash

4/26/2019

I've been noticing something about Wigglytuff. Apparently, he is able to see what I'm doing even when I'm not thinking about him. I began to think about this when I played XCOM and believed that I was forgetting about him, and tried to get his attention by asking, "Hey, you watching?" and he replies, "Yeah, of course."

Today, I asked him if he was paying attention while I was at school, and he said that he was watching me go through the whole day. I was surprised, especially since there wasn't really anything going on. Though this got me thinking about what else my tulpa was watching without me noticing.

Things got more interesting when he admitted to listening in on an inner monologue I was happening. He's never done this before to my knowledge, and I'm not sure what to think about it. On one hand, it will allow us to understand each other more, but on the other, I don't want him listening to every single one of my thoughts.

This is a small update, but I felt like I needed to share this information. I'm still not sure what this means and where to go from here.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be impossible for him or you to ever be sure whether he's "actually" watching or just retrieving the memories of what you were doing. Does he report doing anything else when you aren't paying attention to him, or just watching you go about your day?

It's pretty normal for headmates to hear all of one another's thoughts. For many, it's a wonderful part of the experience of plurality for someone else to be able to know them utterly and love and trust them anyway. It's that way for us. Why don't you want him to hear them?

If you’re sufficiently committed to secrecy, study chapter 10 of Tulpa001's guide. It covers increasing separation between headmates, culminating, supposedly, in the ability to hide thoughts and memories from one another.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

We can hide thoughts from eachother using symbolism. It either works because we respect eachother's privacy or possibly are blocked. Both are valid viewpoints.

4/27/2019

So... Wigglytuff just got psychic powers.

To explain in more detail, we were exploring the XCOM wonderland again today, and I decided to create the gallop chamber. A brief spoiler-free explanation is that it's a room that is built in the late-game which houses a powerful psionic artifact.

Wigglytuff had the bright idea of walking over and touching the big flowing purple ball on the pedestal. I wasn't sure what it would do, so I tried to stop him, but he didn't listen to me. Nothing happened at first, as I remembered that the artifact only reacts to those who have powerful psionic energy.

As a brief explanation, psionics is the ability to influence other people's minds. (making them panic, inspiring them, or even mind controlling them, ) or to will things into existence (only really seen in XCOM 2 and includes pillars that can be used as cover and massive lances that can pierce multiple enemies.) I didn't think Wigglytuff was capable of using this power, so I thought we'd be fine.

...Then he started casting purple psionic energy onto the orb. 

I then saw purple tendrils coming off of the orb. Hoping that this was just an intrusive thought coming from me and that it would go away, we quickly left the room and tried to move on from that. The tendrils followed us to the door but were stopped when it shut behind us.

We decided to watch TV in the rec room. It was once again on ADVENT propaganda before we changed it to the weird image we saw a while ago with a person, probably a man, in a cave. During this time, we tried to figure out whether it was a movie or not, only to get jump scared by a face from the TV which seemed to pop out at us. I jumped back a little IRL, whether it was a forced reaction or not. When I asked Wigglytuff if he was okay, he said he was but stuttered when he spoke. 

I have no idea if this was just an intrusive thought from not meditating properly or it has some connection to the psionic artifact. However, I'm curious about what is going to happen in our wonderland in the future. I'm also planning to test out Wigglytuff's newfound abilities that he now has in our little world.

Things are getting really interesting now.

Edit: I don't believe he has powers IRL. He only has these abilities in the wonderland. Anything outside of it is just symbolism. I wanted to make sure that was clear.

4/28/2019

Today was the day, and it came so much sooner than I imagined it.

20190428134409_1.thumb.jpg.ef66a2910eec77ca82aded1a5f5d862f.jpg

We beat XCOM: Enemy Within on Classic difficulty with ironman mode enabled. I don't know how we did it, but we somehow managed to do it.

I never even got close to that point on Classic difficulty before. Even though Wigglytuff didn't do much commanding himself, I feel like he somehow did something to make this campaign go right. I don't know what it could have been, but he had to have done something. Perhaps he's just a luckier guy than me and his luck counter-acted my bad luck.

Earth's heroes.

20190428121840_1.thumb.jpg.a28a3d42b6c09ec08535616cbc8bdae3.jpg

After such an amazing victory, I hugged Wigglytuff by visualizing him in front of me, blabbering about how we actually did it. Of course, I followed it up with a high five.

Moving on from that, I visualized the wonderland once again with Wigglytuff. During this short session, I decided to test out the abilities Wigglytuff had within the wonderland. He was not only able to successfully use mind fray against a dummy muton I created, but he also made a large, translucent, purple colored pillar in the middle of mission control.

While yes, I understand these abilities do not exist in real life, the symbolic power has me interested. Perhaps it could be used to help him develop more and possibly even learn possession and switching. The potential for this has yet to be truly seen.

Now, a few questions.

1. Would it have been possible that Wigglytuff's presence was somehow influencing my performance or my luck in XCOM?

2. How should I experiment more with the possible potential of the psionic symbolism? 

3. What do you think of what has occurred so far? Are we on a good path, or not? Have others had experiences like this or has this been out of the ordinary?

Any other comments are appreciated. Thank you.

1. Performance certainly can be effected. You have two perspectives playing the game, you could be more observant. Luck is too subjective for me to answer.

2. I don't know enough about it. You can basically effect the brain and your function using symbols, it's only as effective as the time you devote to it.

3. I think you're fine. You seem to be doing well. Crazy stuff happenes and that's not unusual. But usually it's a personal thing and you won't find two the same.

Keep it up

5/3/2019

This is a small update, but I felt like it was significant enough to record.

Today was a huge day for both of us. We went to the Festival of Nations in St. Paul on a class trip. In short, it's a huge gathering meant to display and educate people about different cultures around the world.

Not only was this a good way to show Wigglytuff the different cultures around the world, but it was also the first time he's been outside the small town we live in. During the bus ride to and from St. Paul, I imagined him sitting next to me like I normally do, even when I didn't know what to talk about. I also forced him while reading the cultural exhibits, eating the food, and watching traditional dances. I tried to talk with him as much as I could, even if I was just asking or saying the same things I did before.

Overall, it was a great time for both of us. Hopefully, all of the forcing and learning will assist Wigglytuff in his development.

• 1 month later...

6/4/2019

So... it's been a while. I haven't really had anything to make updates for.

Here is a list of events that have occurred while I wasn't updating.

-I graduated from high school and Wigglytuff was able to watch the whole thing.

-I introduced him to Left 4 Dead 2. Since he could handle XCOM, I thought he could handle that. Turns out I was right, and he actually liked it a lot. He said that he thought he was watching me play even if I wasn't thinking about him too.

-We've gone on a few more adventures in the wonderland, and at one point carried me on his back while I was in a riolu form.

Things have been pretty normal. Wigglytuff is starting to use more phrases, such as "I think so" and "That sounds good", but it's still pretty simple and he doesn't really go into detail about why he likes or doesn't like certain things. I don't really know what to do with him now though. Many of our adventures in the wonderland are short, and while our conversations are nice, we haven't really discussed many things in detail though, I also still find it hard to distinguish my own responses to questions and his, and I can't even talk in my mind voice since that muddies things even further. Still, Wigglytuff is happy to be here, and I'm happy he is as well.

I think the best way at this point to discover more about what he's like is through possession and switching. Perhaps seeing his actions will help me both understand him more, and could even help with hearing him better by quelling any remaining doubts I may have. He also deserves to be able to play the games I do.

While I have been stressed over college stuff and what I want to do in the future, I've still been trying to make time for Wigglytuff. Even just randomly forcing him at times makes me feel like I'm at least doing something with him on a daily basis.

If any of you have any thoughts or advice about what to do next, please let me know. I'm not exactly certain how things will go from here.

That's entirely between the two of you. He'll always be there, even if he rests for a while, even if it's a long while, he'll always be there. You can ask him what he wants to do, where he wants his life to go. Sometimes the answer is not very ambitious, but that's just a possibility based on his personality. Good luck to you both, I couldn't help but feel like you're losing something. I guarantee that some day you'll find it, but that day probably isn't today or tomorrow.

Might be a good idea to work on your weak areas, like getting Wigglytuff to talk more and explore his own opinions. Take another look at the guides and see if there are things you want to work on.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log