Fastdash

Fastdash Attempts to Tulpa

12/19/2019

I'm typing this out real quick because I need to go to work in a few minutes. To put it simply, I've been going to a therapist recently and will go to my third appointment today. It's mainly to help with anxiety issues and things like that.

Anyways, I've been wondering if I should tell her about my tulpa, Wigglytuff. That might be something good for her to know, and maybe it'll lead to better treatment for me. However, I'm worried she might that Wigglytuff is an issue or there's something wrong with me.

Do you have any advice? I was thinking I could introduce her to the concept of tulpas this session and then mention Wigglytuff later, but I don't know. She seemed open to the idea about meditation helping my anxiety, which gives me a little bit more confidence.

Please, shoot some ideas below. I'll be able to check the forums after work before I need to go to my appointment.

If your issues only make sense in the context of telling her, then tell her. If you catch yourself wanting to say things, but needing to edit them first to not mention Wigglytuff, then tell her. If not, then you don't need to. But Wigglytuff should not be the invisible elephant in the room that is incredibly relevant but never mentioned.

I can't guarantee that your therapist will react favorably. But several members here have told their therapists and been well accepted. And our two mental health professionals on the forum, solarchariot and theholodoc, have repeatedly spoken reassuringly on the subject. There is a published study showing that tulpas tend to have significant beneficial effects on their host's perception of mental health and quality of life:

http://pubs.sciepub.com/rpbs/5/2/1/

And there is even an ongoing study on therapists introducing tulpa creation to clients as a therapy technique.

-Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, Not a Tulpa, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Unseelie Court, Not a Tulpa, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

12/20/2019

I thank everyone for all the advice I was given yesterday on the forums and in the Discord server. Here's what happened:

Near the end of our session, the two of us began talking about psychology beyond what's going on with me. It was mainly about meditation and mindfulness. Thinking now would be a good time to bring up tulpas, I asked her if she knew about them. Apparently, she actually did.

Now, it wasn't a perfect understanding. While she admitted her introduction was through Supernatural, (a show I know nothing about, but I suspect portrayed tulpas poorly), she understood they weren't a negative thing. She also said that they were thinking and focusing on something until it becomes real, which I don't think it quite an accurate description. Other than that, she had a fairly positive outlook on the subject or at least some kind of interest in it. She even asked me if I was considering making one. (Way ahead of her on that.)

I have yet to tell her about Wigglytuff, not sure I should drop that information right then and there. However, I'm planning to tell her during my next session, whenever that will be, and perhaps teach her more about tulpas.

A lot of my worry has turned into excitement. I already get really happy whenever a session is coming up, but now I can't wait for it even more. Hopefully, it'll be soon. Perhaps it'll lead to new ideas about how to quell my anxiety, especially since Wigglytuff has already helped with that at least somewhat in the past.

What will come out of this? Who knows? However, I feel like this will lead in a good direction.

1/2/2020

A new decade for me and Wigglytuff's first time entering a new year. Other than some fund adventures with him in the wonderland and watching the ball drop with him, there's been something that has happened today I cannot stop thinking about and I feel that I need to inform everyone about.

Today, I finally told my therapist about WIgglytuff. It was a nerve wracking as you could guess, but she reacted way better than I could of expected. She seemed quite interested in him, in a good way, and asked me plenty of questions relating to tulpas. Stuff like about what they could do and what were the good things Wigglytuff was bringing to my life. It was an amazing experience, and she totally understood my concerns about thinking she would believe having Wigglytuff was a bad thing. I knew she was accepting, but holy crap, Wigglytuff and I felt like she understood us. She even suggested some ideas for things to try, like trying to paint with Wigglytuff, taking a few minutes to active force and then painting for a few more while passively forcing. I'm not sure how effective that would be at strengtheing our bond, but I'm just so happy she took that into consideration.

Wigglytuff: [It was awesome! I trult felt like she understood us and it was so cool! I'm happy to know her!]

It seems like she's gotten the same spark I had when I first heard about tulpas. I've even directed her to tulpa.info so she could learn more about them. I'm sure there will be lots of interesting things to discuss next session, perhaps about ways WIgglytuff and I could continue to help each other.

Today was a great day! I can't wait to see where this leads.

Looks like you got a good therapist! Our system tends to be pretty skeptical of that profession, but everything you posted seems good! Tell us what your therapist says in the future!

I'm Uncannyfellow's tulpa. I share his head with my sister Cornelia

[Our PR] [Break dem Rules]

That is really great! I like the painting idea. I wonder if she will review tulpa info and explore the concept further. May I ask, and feel free to decline, what are her credentials? LPC? LSMW? Psychologist?

I am LPC.

I wish you all continued good experiences in the exploration of this thing we call life.

5 hours ago, solarchariot said:

That is really great! I like the painting idea. I wonder if she will review tulpa info and explore the concept further. May I ask, and feel free to decline, what are her credentials? LPC? LSMW? Psychologist?

I am LPC.

I wish you all continued good experiences in the exploration of this thing we call life.

I'm not sure what ger credentials are. Maybe I should ask her if I remember to do so.

1/7/2020

Something weird happened yesterday when I was active forcing. I was talking with Wigglytuff about stuff that waa on my mind, when I noticed he ends up saying something I was planning to say. He said "You're welcome" right after saying "Thank you." 

This is something that I knew was happening before, so I asked him why he kept doing it. He said he didn't know. I began to get worried my mind voice was coming up with responses automatically to our conversation instead of Wigglytuff.

Wigglytuff seemed to break after this. He just kept repeating, "It's okay." and "I'm fine." every time he responded to me. His form had his face in his hands, and I knew he was upset despite the tone of voice remaining the same as usual. 

I'm worried by anxieties and doubt are getting to Wigglytuff. Granted, he seems fine right now, but that moment from yesterday still has me concerned. I don't want to end up hurting him with these thoughts that don't seem to want to go away.

If you have any advice about what could be happening and how to stop it, please let me know.