Topics to Talk About with Your Tulpa

Piano Soul

Question

During narration, it's easy to reach a mental block and become unable to think of what to talk about to your tulpa. This list provides you with many different options for topics to use during narration, conversation, and vocality practice.

For narrating, talk to your tulpa about anything that interests you. Don't worry about repeating yourself or telling your tulpa something they already know: the content is secondary to the actual act of talking to them consistently. Use this list for inspiration, talk to them as much as you can, and don't stress over whether or not it's the "right" way to narrate. Do what works for you as best as you can and you're good.

If there's anything this list is missing, feel free to suggest it.

The list:

All about you

All about your tulpa

Animals/pets

Art/creativity

Aspirations/goals

Books/literature

Cars/transport

Celebrities/entertainers

Childhood/adolescence

Clothing/fashion

Comedy/humor

Cosmetics/beauty

Countries/the world

Culture/society

Current mood/thoughts

Decorations/design

Emotions/feelings

Entertainment

Exploration/adventure

Facts/trivia

Fame/fortune

Family/friends

Fears/worries

Fiction/stories

Food/cooking

Fun/games

Habits/quirks

Health/fitness

History/events

Hobbies/talents

Holidays/festivities

Hometown/country

Hopes/dreams

House/room

Idols/role models

Imagination/wonderland

Immediate surroundings

Interests/obsessions

Internet/social media

Issues important to you

Life itself

Likes/dislikes

Love/romance

Mathematics

Memories

Mind/mentality

Morals/values

Movies/TV

Music/instruments

Nature/environment

News/politics

Past/present/future

Personal belongings

Philosophy/thinking

Places you like/want to visit

Plans for the day/week

Relationships/people

Religion/spirituality

School/work

Science/technology

Seasons/weather

Senses you're currently experiencing

Something you're looking forward to

Space/the universe

Sports/athletics

Stores/restaurants

Successes/achievements

Superpowers/magic

The day/week/year so far

Toys/stuffed animals

Tulpamancy

...and anything else you can think of!

Sources: 1 2 3 4 5

Submitted for Tips & Tricks

Edited by Piano Soul

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

9 answers to this question

Not a GAT member, but I think this is a practical list. The topics are general enough to allow for natural conversation, but specific enough that I can easily think of what I'd talk about. And there's a lot of them, as well as more in the sources!

I tried thinking of topics off the top of my head, and everything I came up with was already on here, which is a good sign. The spelling and grammar is solid, no errors to my eye.

Good work! -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Gavin here, now a GAT member. As Jamie said, the topics are a good balance of being general enough that most people have experiences

with them, but not too broad. A handy list. One minor phrasing that I found clunky: "This list is to help provide you with many different options" can be condensed to "This list provides you with many different options." 

Approved for [correction Jul 13th] Tips & Tricks.

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

It's a straight forward list I wish we had. I like that the topics you picked are easy to talk about but also invoke enough thought to last for a little while. I think the little blurb at the beginning about narration is a nice friendly explanation for how hosts can use this resource.

This isn't a Tips and Tricks submission because you're giving the reader a tool they can use with some advice instead of a technique, skill, or different mindset they can try out. As it stands, approved for Resources.

Edit: Since the Resources board no longer exists, I approve this for Tips and Tricks.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Right, my first thought on submissions that are just a quick whatever/not actual guide is Tips & Tricks, but this is the definition of a Resource huh? I always forget about that board..

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This is a pretty comprehensive list of subjects to talk about.

the content is secondary to the actual act of talking to them consistently

Very true.

There's not really much else to say apart from that. Approved for Tips and Tricks.

Good list of topics for conversation, and I like the intro which covers common concerns about narration. I see a lot of people who just don't know what to talk about to their tulpa, so it's good to have a resource like this available. Approved for Tips & Tricks.

Host: YukariTelepath

Tulpas: Aya, Ruki

Imposition log

Overall, the guide is good. The spelling and grammar are perfect, there’s a clear definition of the issue and a clear solution offered. It’s a good guide, simple, and to the point. However, I feel the guide could use some improvements:

The list of topics are alphabetized, and while it’s neat, it’s not the easiest to parse. It’s easy to search if you know the first letter, but I feel the guide would benefit from breaking down the topics into categories. This would help the reader come up with a topic from the list easier and would be especially helpful to those like myself with ADHD who benefit greatly from structure.

Additionally, you could bullet each topic, but that’s really just a nitpick.

Approved for Tips & Tricks.

There is already another very similar tip/trick, 42/5 things to do with your tulpa, but this tip/tick distinguishes itself by being only about narration topics rather than general activities, so it has its own niche.

I don't have any problems with the guide. It knows what it's doing, and it does it well. Approved for tips and tricks.

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me