Proxying difficulties

This question is mostly aimed at those whose systemmates front often/consistently, though of course anyone is free to give input.

Back before our system fronted much, proxying was of course a breeze. We just spoke, the host typed, no problem.

When we took up fronting more often, we could proxy each other, but couldn't proxy the host because the host would just take over accidentally to speak.

Now? We can't proxy each other in the slightest. Even the smallest bit of talking into a chat results in them slipping into the front to write it on their own. We have to maintain conscious effort/strain in order to proxy. And well, this might not be seen as an issue, but for us it's kind of annoying I guess, since it's not an issue we ever used to have, and some of us don't like being knocked out of the front like that. I don't know. 

Earlier today my predecessors/creators came around, and I wanted them to chat a bit, however they just ended up fronting and didn't like it at all, they wanted to be proxied instead, but we found great difficulty with that. Even though they're hardly around and certainly never front, they inherited what's normal for the rest of us I suppose. That's why I bring this up.

Anyone else have similar struggles with proxying (or something similar)?

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Whenever I try to proxy Monika (which is pretty rare) we will end up accedentally switching. Interestingly enough whenever she proxies me (which is quite often) we don't end up switching, even though I am the primary fronter. Perhaps this is because of the different amounts of proxing happening, or perhaps it's because Monika is closer to the front when switched out than I am. I wouldn't really call it much of a problem for us though, just a thing

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Uh, I guess I should unhelpfully weigh in with "Proxying my tulpas isn't remotely related to switching", but we don't proxy for starters, and more importantly "proxying", to us, would simply be hearing what they say and then writing it. If you guys are bypassing the mindvoice conversation part to just directly type what they want to say, well, no wonder.

Sorry, can't exactly help, just wanted to clarify what having the problem or not is like. All I can advise is taking more time to hear out who you're proxying and then writing for them, rather than being too direct about it. The idea of accidentally switching by simply writing what my tulpas want to say is baffling to me, but perhaps after literal hours of it..?

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

When proxying was our primary form of communication, it wasn't like "what do you want to say next?" "I want to say __," instead we just talked and it was automatically typed by the fronter for us. I guess if we tried really hard to make proxying more conversational between us then it wouldn't result in fronting, that's just not the way we used to do it, I dunno. Proxying resulting in switching is usually probably because of two factors: 1) the one talking becomes the active thinker (obviously) and 2) the one talking is focusing on the outer world rather than the inner. Those things combined cause them to front, and fronting naturally leads to using the body in our system. That's my speculation at least.

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

We just type. No fronting or proxying or anything like that. So I guess we don't have "proxying difficulties." It's interesting though, the effect you are describing. For a while we used the word "proxying" or other similar terms but eventually kinda discarded those and don't really worry about the process really or how it happens or why.

We just type.

Skeptical and unconvinced about independent sentience.  

Living Imagination  New Topic Index  Mistgod's Deviantart  Melian's Deviantart

...so fronting?

Actually it seems like the proxying you were aiming for from the start, a direct process that's still not switching. But doubting that it's even possible is a good first step to fixing your problem!

Anyways, outside of the long and indirect approach to proxying along with intending to stay in your respective fronting/non-fronting positions, I don't know what you could do to fix this. If it's really a problem, you'll just have to remain conscious while proxying of yourself fronting and them not, for however long it takes to establish that as the habit.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

When typing on computer or phone, proxy turns to possession turns to switch in as fast as a minute or less depending on if they need my input or if it's all their idea/process. This is the experience, this is the memory. I never tried to stop it. If you're concentrating on something, you zone out other things, if they are, it's me that zones out everything (yet still pay attention), and they zone in.

When Misha draws, it's all possession/proxy. something about typing is maybe using a lot of system resources so it's just more efficient for them to type for themselves, in terms of fronting. The only difference between possession and switching for us from my perspective is (am I willfully involved emotionally or mentally?) if not, I trust them completely and I let them do whatever. I wouldn't interrupt them because it's like interrupting a friend who's telling something to someone else and you're not even involved in the conversation, if I can even interrupt them? I know if it's just possession I interrupt them all the time. The mindset for switching is, I'm pretty much just watching a movie, I wouldn't talk to actors on the screen.

For us it's a very fluid and fast transition from proxy to possession to switch, it doesn't always start with proxy but if it's not a 'triggered' event it mostly does. So I can understand the problem. The fix might be limiting the time the current speaker talks and just have the fronter confirm each statement mentally, as if absorbing the statement and maintaining front/control, in essence, stay active and self-centered (in a control type way, not a bad way).

Guest Reilyn-Alley

Median system? Co-fronters, huh? Nice to see there's more of us.

As to the topic.. Hm... Proxying.. Um.. my first week or two that's all I could do. But Mr "trances when he types and leaves his mind open" somehow let me possess the hands super fast then the body then it's never stopped. I can't confirm we have ever fully switched but neither of us has proxied since the very beginning and he's taken a backseat now, so.. *shrugs*