Normality and What the Mind Is

iwishtogameend

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then answer then

I'm sorry, but what is the tone I'm supposed to hear from your message?

I am Creating a 'Report' about The Mind vs The Brain vs The Body, and how all of these rely on each other, and how the mind grows from birth to death.[/color]

How do your questions for us relate to your topic?

I appreciate your interest in Tulpamancy, however I'm worried your professor may frown upon your topic choice if you're still in high school or in an 1000 level course. There is still not enough formal reasearch done on Tulpamancy to make any conclusions on the human mind, and for that reason your professor may find Tulpamancers to not be a creditable source of information on neuroscience. Did you tell them your topic was on Tulpas beforehand?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

The answer to that is that the 'report' is just for myself, made by and handed in to me, and possibly anyone who has a passing interest in this sort of thing. And i mean, It's less of things are 100% justifiable, and more so ideas that exist and conclusions on those ideas... "Throw it  the wall and kind of see if it sticks".

Sorry about the confusion, also I'm relating the questions to how the mind can interact with the body, and tulpae are interesting as it is 2 minds in the one body. I was just looking for other people's experiences.

I mean, denounce this and don't answer this if you want, that's fair, I didn't mean to put anyone on edge about this, sorry.

The answer to that is that the 'report' is just for myself, made by and handed in to me, and possibly anyone who has a passing interest in this sort of thing. And i mean, It's less of things are 100% justifiable, and more so ideas that exist and conclusions on those ideas... "Throw it  the wall and kind of see if it sticks".

Sorry about the confusion, also I'm relating the questions to how the mind can interact with the body, and tulpae are interesting as it is 2 minds in the one body. I was just looking for other people's experiences.

I mean, denounce this and don't answer this if you want, that's fair, I didn't mean to put anyone on edge about this, sorry.

Ah alright, that makes sense. I don't mind having my host share her experiences then. I was a little worried an informal published paper would lead to mockery of the Tulpa Community and by extent of you as well, and I didn't want you to get a bad grade on anything.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I believe you. Without the above quote, that statement makes less sense; the statement is improved upon when I restate it "I believe you didn't mean to put anyone one edge..." The thing is, the way it is written at best guarantees that responders will ask for clarity, at worse be offended. I wouldn't start rewriting it now, because then none of this, including the responses, would make any sense and we wouldn't see progress towards your ultimate goal, which is a reasonable goal of discovery. I am always open to discovery. The thing that kicked me out was the 'not normal' clause. the first person asking for clarity didn't zoom in on that... Someone did, thank god, cause until I read that person's tempered response, all I could see in my eyes was red-'not normal...' what the heck is normal? 'Not normal' didn't 'put me on edge.' (Very clear on this, you didn't do that to me.) I simply had a solid reaction to it, and I did not like it. That has nothing to do with you or the way you sought to solicit information. It's kind of funny, though, the thing you wrote, from which the above quote was taken, was a response to something someone else wrote, which shows how easily folks could quickly escalate to defensiveness... The quote I have above is defensive. We know we don't have to respond. Had no one responded at all, that would have been offensive. Should one apologize for an innocent inquiry? No. Should one have to apologize for reacting to an inquiry? No... Emotions, negative or positive, are valid responses to any inquiry, and when questions are just off the cuff without considering the words and their meaning, and the situational context, and I dare say writing a question within the context of a tulpa forum is fairly contextual, then one should expect emotional responses.

Metaphorical example... I am at the store, in line at the counter with my four year old son. He sees the customer in line in front of us. Guy in front has a big red birthmark on his face. My son asks "What's wrong with that man's face?" The question isn't bad. I am embarrassed. The guy may be sensitive to that question, but if he's well adjusted, even after a life time of hearing that very question, he won't be mad at a four year old... Now, kind Sir, may I ask: are you four years old? Your entire question hinges on 'not normal?' What brings you to a tulpa web sight? Normality?

I am reasonably well adjusted. (Not perfect.) I had a reaction to the way your question is worded. Contextually, the reason for being offended was that I was not a 'normal' child, or adolescent. I was a pretty weird young adult, too. Some people take a life time recovering from severe family dysfunctions. In real life, I was actually quite normal, responding to some unfortunate human conditions, severe family of origin dysfunctions, and anyone that understands system failures, well, they get that... Sometimes, I like being 'not normal.' If I were rich, I'd be considered eccentric. Eccentric sounds nice. So being 'not normal' most of my life, pre tulpa, just par for the course.  Sorry for the long build up, but this is important, especially in context to your 'not normal' question: POST-Tulpa, I consider myself the sanest I have ever been, more balanced, more understanding, and more compassionate than I have ever been, all previous ages combined. That doesn't mean I didn't have love or compassion prior to tulpas, but after tulpamancy, my ability to communicate that improved significantly.

When you put into context the extreme importance of social interaction, the absolute need for sustained, stable, loving human interaction over time, in a social environment where competition is favored over true connection and normality is defined by images in social media, and you juxtapose that next to people engaging in tulpamancy, then I submit to you that tulpamancy is a healthiest thing I have ever done. We are more connected than in any other time in history through social outlets like facebook, everyone has a cell phone, and yet loneliness is epidemic. WHO (world health organization) suggest depression and loneliness will be the number one problem in the world, accounting for more lost time than any physical illness... The more 'we' strive for normal the more alienated we become... Thank god I gave up trying to be normal...

Not normal:

Well, i agree :D and I {WE} ok, we love it :) for me it feels amazing to be different, as being the black sheep, with tulpas I'm write crow. I'm special, not better, but free from at least some norms

And body changes:

Well... They calm me when I'm anxious or stressed, thanks to Diamond i sometimes get hyped so my heart rate increases 

Azi has better memory for English and thanks to practicing senses i can persuade my body I'm feeling hot/cold/full of energy/and such

I know this is very short, but I hope it's enough :) if you want to, tell me and I'll write more

Cya~