Break dem rules ("That was the best way to enter hell!" -Miichu))

Tanaka Kanade

## ("A Race to the Bottom!" -Jean-luc)

## I didn't say that though.

## Also I'm hereby declaring that anything in comments don't count towards character counts or restrictions because anything otherwise would be utter insanity

Why did u leave me with that lacking, I can't use 1 'f the aei'u! (and y but negative always)

I guess I'll just break rule √2) and say whatever I wanna say wait I'm saying things and it's always inline with the rule anyways oh no oh there we go, phew

Ya know what's stoopid? Cow wrangling.

sqrt(N.0735)> You must share your notes that you use to keep track of all these rules. If you do not have any such notes, you must create some to share.

Before this post:

BROKE: 1) no nice except jean-luc
BROKE: 2) no nice about jean-luc
      5) you must break rule, never the same - ME
      3) no thank yous
      -1) number must be unused and inaccurate - ME
      6) no negative numbers
      Pi) only irrational numbers
BROKE: e) mention cow wrangling
      √2) can't use most-used character of last rule-post - ME
      32948523) use the word "stoopid"

After:

BROKE: e) mention cow wrangling
BROKE: √2) can't use most-used character of last rule-post - ME
      32948523) use the word "stoopid"
      sqrt(N.0735)> share notes - ME

And that's that, to tell that the thought that tango this tango through tough and thorough thought, u might just try to tell dogtrotting nutritionists that their chitchatting is constituting rampant titillating transubstantiation.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

√3) I'm breaking rule number √2 because I can't count... also, cow wrangling? It's stoopid. So very stoopid.

My notes? Um yeah yeah I've got them right here

Before:

Be nice :)

After:

Be nice :D

Your notes better have an emoji in them!

And that's that, to tell that the thought that tango this tango through tough and thorough thought, u might just try to tell dogtrotting nutritionists that their chitchatting is constituting rampant titillating transubstantiation.

Did we break you cap'n?????

I'm Uncannyfellow's tulpa. I share his head with my sister Cornelia

[Our PR] [Break dem Rules]

Did we break you cap'n?????

No, I just added that to change it so that my T-character count was higher then my E-character count. Hence words like "chitchatting", which has 3 T's and 0 E's

Tanaka broke my rule. Presumably, tanaka did not have notes before making the above post, and so the second part of the rule applies: "you must create some to share.", where "some" refers to "notes that you use to keep track of all these rules"

Therefor, obviously the notes created must at least be vaguely possible to be used to keep track of all the rules so far. However, tanaka's "notes" have fewer characters then there are rules so far! Furthermore, the single suggested course of action in the note(s) is one that would break either rule 1) or 2)!!!

So, here we go again:

1) If your rule number is prime, or if the true count of the number of rules is a triangular number, or if it is currently a full moon somewhere in the world but it isn't a summer or winter solstice, or if the Dow Jones industrial average has increased by more than 10 points between 1 hour before your post and the time of your post, then any rule you create must be a "complicated" rule, wherein at least one of the explanation, execution, or direct consequences of your rule are complicated.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Tanaka broke my rule. Presumably, tanaka[sic] did not have notes before making the above post, and so the second part of the rule applies: "you must create some to share.", where "some" refers to "notes that you use to keep track of all these rules"

Therefor[sic], obviously the notes created must at least be vaguely possible to be used to keep track of all the rules so far. However, tanaka's[sic] "notes" were 1) very cute and 2) had fewer characters then[sic] there are rules so far! Furthermore, the single suggested course of action in the note(s) is one that would break either rule 1) or 2)!!! and was also super cute

##I am perfectly fine with losing for this raison!!!!

2) Post exactly one picture of a 19x19 go board with a game in progress on it. If a picture of a go board was in the previous rule post, it must be possible to get from the board state in that picture to the board state in your picture with exactly one legal move. That legal move may not be a pass, thus, we never have to worry about what happens when one player loses. (If you're not photoshop handy, I recommend EidoGo)

[hidden]dH01SO6.png[/hidden]

##To clarify, can we make complicated rules when the conditions in your rule aren't met? Also, can I assume that you meant to say "any rule in that post" instead of just "any rule"?

I live in a castle and have two tulpas, Kanade-chan and Uncannyfellow

##To clarify, can we make complicated rules when the conditions in your rule aren't met? Also, can I assume that you meant to say "any rule in that post" instead of just "any rule"?

## What I meant doesn't matter. As you and others cannot read my mind, you can only be expected to follow the rule that is written.

## That being said, yes to both is what I intended. In addition, I would also argue that both are true even if you didn't ask me; My rule only specifies what happens when one of the conditions are met. When none are met, the default is that no rules other than the forum game rules in the OP apply. As for the second point, while I didn't specify "in that post", I did say "any rule that you create", which of course implies "any rule you create while one of the conditions is met". It's a bit of a stretch, but I don't really see any other way it could reasonably be interpreted; It can't apply to every rule if one of the conditions ever happens.

3) If you can do so without breaking rule 1) (wherein the "true count of the number of rules" is interpreted as the number of rules after your post is made), you must make a "simple" rule, wherein the explanation, execution, and direct consequences of that rule are simple.

[hidden]692065574_Screenshotfrom2019-11-1517-19-19.png.6171dbbf7a9aec1f00f3a00feba6c427.png[/hidden]

##What do we do if the Dow isn't current?

##If I understand you correctly, you can use the after-hours trading numbers

##Whew, those only went up by like 1 or something

[hidden]Well it looks like you read the rules... but not the strategy. I've pretty much already closed out this gameFDtKiu1.png[/hidden]

4) Put text inside a [hidden] tag in your post

I live in a castle and have two tulpas, Kanade-chan and Uncannyfellow

6) You must have a smiley in your post :)

[hidden]

You said I had to post a board, not win

283162349_Screenshotfrom2019-11-1620-41-14.png.8a76b6226ce7994e7428b458aa8df099.png

[/hidden]

## Holy shit, 48 hours already? Well that was boring.

1) You must break a rule every time you post in this thread, but you can't break a rule you've already broken (write down what rule you break to make it easier), and you cannot restrict what rules can or can't be broken with this rule, and you can't break this rule.

I have broken my own rule (#1) by restricting that you can't break this rule.

How's that for a nice tidy self-sealing rule, eh?

By the way, whoever makes the next rule will have to break their own rule since you can't break this one.