living in a world of tulpas

solarchariot

I wouldn't call cooperations giant Tulpas. You can't physically have a conversation with the McDonalds chain about your day and you can't ask Proctor and Gamble how they feel about the weather. (Forget it if you wanted to switch with them!) By "Tulpa" do you mean the mindset of the employees for these companies and how people personify their interactions with businesses in general?

If so, I feel like that was this guy's interpretation of what a "Tulpa" is: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/companionsonthejourney/2018/05/tulpa-good-evil-beliefs/

Cat thought one of the themes of 1984 is about how a giant thought / set of ideas or beliefs took over a human government and enslaved them, like a parasitic worm mind controlling a host snail. I wouldn't call this a Tulpa either, but I can see how this "thought", or by extension Big Brother could be thought of as one. I suppose something like an egregore would be slightly more appropriate here, only to a lesser extent.

thanks Ranger, I liked Miller's article, and I do believe that we (both the individual AND the group) create the realities we live in. Can egregores have origins  independent of human thoughts? Can anything have origins independent of human thought? Are we all tulpa's as solar chariot believes? I have opinions on these questions, but I am not going to quit living in ordinary, or consensual reality either. And I regard the modern corporation as soul-less, definitely the opposite of a tulpa. Dr. Bob

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic