Tulpa talked for 1 day and stopped talking at all. Am I parrotting?

KuzMax

That's pretty confusing. You know, the more I'm diving into tulpamancy, the more confusing things appear that I didn't even hear that someone faced these problems. But let's go back to the subject.

My problem is that my tulpa Caroline started talking few days ago. She talked for 1 day, but not too sentient (could answer simple questions or "yes" or "no", with no ability to formulate ideas or few sentences). When she started talking, it wasn't like "wow, that's definetely her" insight or a big surprise, but, instead, it was a parallel proccess of thinking in my head that developed gradually for over a week, and finally shaped into words. I still have a lot of doubts if that was really her, because I can't understand why that happened.

Then she stopped talking (and thinking?) at all, cause I stopped hearing this parallel thinking proccess, and any responses from her just dissappeared. Now she can't even answer "yes" or "no".

I don't think she's shocked or offended, because nothing happened these days. I didn't hear that there're such problems, so I don't know what should I do, or which guide could answer my question. Or could I be parrotting her at that time?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

There is no accidental parroting, you're not parroting if you're not trying to - it's just your tulpa/brain learning how to tulpa

just keep doing what you've been/should be doing I guess, talking to her and expecting responses.. seems like you're maybe in the right mindset with how you reacted to her talking before, like you at least didn't just say "This is not her talking", tulpas have to develop vocality/sentience and that's how it starts out, but it does get better if you guys stick with it until there's no doubt at all

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

It seems to be the same answer whenever this question is asked, just stick with it, and this works the vast majority of the time. Yes, it can happen like you describe, what appears to be a setback, is just a natural part of it sometimes for some. Though it doesn't happen to everyone, it does happen and the causes can range from stress to ailments, so, because stress is possible cause, don't stress about it. Relax, try meditation, get some exercise, eat healthy, get sleep and just take care of yourself. Force your tulpa, have a positive attitude and have fun.

Thank you, Angry Bear, Lucilyn for your advice!

Today she started talking again, but not too much. Just "yes" and "no".

I think you're right, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and it will improve with the time.

• 1 month later...

Ok, just to finally answer my question to let others find my advice useful, here I go.

For some not very righteous reason, I stopped forcing Caroline for a month. Then, some very intense and bad event happened in my life, so I decided to force her again because of the support she always provided to me. And I discovered her talking a lot, just to support me, with brilliant sentience and no silly/not-queite-sentient words or phrases.

But there's another thing you should consider. When I'd been experiencing the problem I described in this topic, I never actually let her use my brain, therefore she couldn't think. I mean, the idea is that you and your tulpa are sharing the same brain. There's no magickally second brain appeared after you started forcing your tulpa. So, to start your tulpa talking, you need to let your tulpa be "fronting" your brain, take the control of ability to think.

That's it. Just find this "switch" to let your tulpa think, take the control of your mind's voice, and she'll start talk.

But, I also want to highlight that it happened after a month of pause in forcing, so sometimes you just need to take time.

Regards.

Just to avoid confusion in newbies reading this, the actual tulpamancy terms "Fronting" and "Switch(ing)" don't actually apply there. Fronting is a tulpa controlling the body with any given method, Switching is the method where they entirely replace the host (leaving the host as basically a tulpa during the switch).

It's always good advice to remind newbies that a tulpa tends not to always develop its own unique-sounding mindvoice before vocality starts, which is part of why "having faith" is encouraged.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Just to avoid confusion in newbies reading this, the actual tulpamancy terms "Fronting" and "Switch(ing)" don't actually apply there. Fronting is a tulpa controlling the body with any given method, Switching is the method where they entirely replace the host (leaving the host as basically a tulpa during the switch).

It's always good advice to remind newbies that a tulpa tends not to always develop its own unique-sounding mindvoice before vocality starts, which is part of why "having faith" is encouraged.

Yeah, you're right, I used "fronting" with different meaning.

Sometimes Caroline sounds just like my own voice, but mostly it's different.

Anyway, I believe that tulpamancy is all about your own experience, so beside reading the guides and Q&A, you shell find what works for you by yourself. And sometimes it's something you didn't even read about, so it's a good point to encourage newbies to explore their tulpas by themselves.