Ranger

What is Your Perspective on How Tulpamancy Works?

Me and Mech have been puzzling about it for quite some time about what the nature of this all could be.

We started out with basic brain chemistry and realized halfway that science doesn't understand jack shit. Sure, we can explain some of the mechanics, but that doesn't really correlate to any useful info on behavior does it? So we changed the focus and delved into something we do know a lot about, psychology.

Over the years, our observations seem to confirm that tulpas are just projections that are animated by the subconscious. But mid-way through that realization, I also had a more scary idea.. that my own idea of self was in fact just another projection. After I got over the initial shock, I realized that it does seem to fit with most of the reactions and interactions between us in the system and the inner world. After all, one of us has some sort of idea and sometimes it does reflect into the things that the inner world does on it's own too.

But, until science has given this a serious pass, this is all up in the air, but that's the best theory we have so far.

While there's a bit more to how the whole "sentience/independence" stuff works, you would probably get a good chunk of my answer from that thread too, so.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.