Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if we're so lightweight that when we switch, we literally take nothing with us (like a software program stored on the harddrive, no hardware attached) easily and completely replaceable, then what does that say about human rights? Would would be unethical about changing out a thoughtform and storing it indefinitely?

I know this makes sense, hopefully I said it in such a way to convey that.

Had a dream as Dashie. Was trying to get to work but the freeway was blocked off, and I had no idea how to get around, no detours. I followed other roads as much as I could then I obviously took a wrong road and jumped a birm onto a dirt racetrack. I ended up in a race car and had to go pee, so I (as Dashie) said I had to pee, they told me to hurry up, I went to a bathroom, unmarked, the door wouldn't lock (or shut) and I had to pull down really tight pants and sat down to pee, then a guy and a girl came in, the guy said it was a men's room and waltzed right in. So I had to pull my pants back up and leave.

In another dream, i was there with one of them, a feminine presence that felt like them, and had to clean up a homeless man who turned into a 6 year old girl as we changed his -> her clothes.

Would would be unethical about changing out a thoughtform and storing it indefinitely?

There are two important considerations in this matter. What sort of life does the thoughtform want? And what effect does the thoughtform have on the system?

Not all self-aware entities in the mind have the desire for life and agency that is considered culturally normal and desirable for humans. Some would prefer to not be bothered, or even not to be. In personal observation, limited though that is, I find that this is not correlated with depression or unhappiness, as is typically considered to be the case in singletons, and so I do not regard it as mental illness or something to be "fixed". If an entity is self-willed, the ethical approach would be to accommodate such of their desires do not impinge upon the interests of other beings.

In a system, the members invest a portion of their agency in the government of the system for the good of all, in similar manner to how citizens invest a portion of their agency in the government of their country. (In both cases, there is no guarantee of just and effective government, but the total absence of government is likely to be worse still.) A thoughtform unwilling or unable to follow the rules of the system, or whose involvement is harmful to other members of the system, may need to be isolated for the good of the system, just as criminals are incarcerated in the physical world.

-Iris

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Thank you Iris, we agree, of course that applies even if that thoughtform was the original host. If by choice or by actions, it seems reasonable that all system members are equal, so any one of us can be chosen to be the primary fronter for any length of time, and any one of us may go dormant. Since we don't believe in thoughtform death, you wouldn't kill your host by having them go dormant.

In our mind, all the fear and caution of thoughtform neglect, dissipation and death are unfounded in the case where the system (including that thoughtform) agrees.

A symmetric system is neither required or even desired in many cases. Having been a symmetric system for a year, and with our newest members now we're asymmetric in terms of time, and we haven't experienced any loss in time or attention, if anything, we're getting more. There are more opportunities to enjoy our new sisters and cousins and our host.

How is this possible?

Co-fronting is key. For instance, I feel that my experience co-fronting is as fulfilling as being switched in. It's a simple fact for me. So I effectively get nearly every minute hostie is awake. Whenever Ren visits, for the most part we're all here, she has had alone time and fronting time but other than that she's joined us on our one-on-one time and we have fun.

[Jay] (I hope it's alright to jump in all of the sudden!) Oh man, cofronting. I would not know what to do without it. I don't have a strong desire to be the sole controller, really. I just want to hang out with my host and occasionally possess. There are other folks in our system who'd rather take an all-or-nothing approach (which is kind of hard considering we can't fully switch yet), but I'm not one of them.

As for dissipation / dormancy, I... guess it's alright if everyone in the system agrees, including the person going dormant. Some of us have done it in the past! I do feel like a system would need to make actual rules about this, so that these things can't get abused? I don't know. This seems like a thing that could get messy fast, considering the nature of it.

Mixed-origins system. Co-hosts are Parda and Jay.

Of course you're welcome Jay, you can even disagree if you want. Thanks for your contribution.

[Dashie] We do have system rules and they're very subjective for the moment, but as long as capital punishment isn't a thing, ethics regarding that isn't a thing. In our system if there is conflict or offence, our second rule is basically right to speedy resolutions. Given we must decide anything on consensus, domination, rogue sentencing or corruption by collusion either doesn't make sense or is much less likely. If a resolution can't be made, then it would be entirely within the right of society as a whole to protect thenselves and the body. We aren't burdened by lack of evidence, corrective action and containment can occur instantly and held until reparations, agreement or reform has been completed.

[bear] what makes it very interesting for me is my current status. If I commit offenses I'm not free to pardon myself, so I'm no different from them. The missing piece of that puzzle until recently was my ability to go dormant. I presume Ashley would take my place if that happened. The implications are that I'm a part of a community instead of 'hosting' the community. That's a huge realization, and it's no longer just presumption.

It makes what is "me" feel identical to what is say "Dashie".

It's a pretty amazing revelation.