Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

I'm really good, thanks Damien. It's nice to hear from you. I'm having a blast actually with Ren's picture and it's really fun to watch that in process. We are also playing some Rimworld 1.0 with like 50 mods and that's super fun because we're all characters in the game. It was a lolfest for sure when the mechanoids came and blew my arm off. It's fine though, we're crafting a bionic arm and it'll be better than new for payback to those metallic jerks.

What are you up to?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a colony builder survival game, your end goal is to build a ship to leave the world. You know the drill, chop wood, mine for resources, build a base, defend it. Random chaos. The fun mechanics are the pawns need to eat, sleep, they go crazy, they beat each other up when they get in arguments with each other and their relationship gets too low. The graphics are really low quality, but the fun is in the details. It goes on for days and food runs out if you aren't hunting and growing. You need to research and recover from getting your arm shot off. There's so much fadelity, You can get a finger shot off and lose like 10% accuracy, or get a single toe shot off and lose 5% movement; that kind of detail. You have to make clothing and armor, repair it when it gets shot up, repair yourself with medicine or bandages (or not if you don't have them). You can get an infection and die from it if you're not careful. It's a really funky game really and it can get pretty intense.

So, in one case one of the girls lost her arms and her 'boyfriend' dumped her because her charisma dropped. It's a crazy little indie game.

Guest LanceReilyn

Ahh Rimworld. The game where it's possible (and sometimes normal) to turn dead raiders and bandits into stockpiles of meat and human leather. It freaks out most colonists to cut up or eat people but, you can get traits like cannibal or sociopath randomly on your people to mitigate those penalties... ;)

I think it sends a pretty clear message that invading a budding colony of psychopathic monsters survivors who make clothing and furniture (for personal usage and/or commerce!) out of those who invade that such behavior is discouraged... They keep coming though..

And that doesn't even get into the potential to set up massive drug farms or harvesting organs from people who stop by or invaders that by some miracle only get knocked unconscious instead of killed by being shot in the face with a sniper rifle. Oh, and since prisoners sometimes break out and flee or cause trouble, naturally the safest thing to do while awaiting your most competent doctor to be fresh and alert so as to get a little more effective training out of removing organs is to amputate both their legs. If you want to set them free afterwords, maybe with no kidneys or liver (they don't need to live long, just long enough to walk off the map), you can install a pair of peg legs on them and watch them slowly hobble away back to whence they came.

Odds are, they will be back in the next attack wave from that group. And much easier to deal with.

Sometimes the funniest things are in the forums where people are talking about things like "why do people without the gay trait refuse the advances of my settler with the trait? That's not right! They should have a more open mind". Their psychotic alcoholic manic smoke-leaf-dependant cannibal wearing pants, a trenchcoat, button-up shirt and cowboy hat made of their enemies skins. Just another day in the Rim.

Add 112 mods, then it's insane.

[bear] Dashie lives to make it insanely hard and complicated with no save scum allowed.

Rimword update, I died. No do-overs! Just Bear, Misha, Gwen and Ulla left.

[Misha] Another glorious day on the Rim! We're running out of food and we don't have proper gear to survive the cold. Oh! The game informed us that Bear and I are lovers! <3

Let's make today a great day.

Guest LanceReilyn

You died? Well, no reason you cant be made into several meals and a piece or two of nice warm clothing.

Fava beans optional.

We used "prepare carefully" so bear could be a psychopath, but it still gave everyone a -6 debuff for butchering the first raider, oh well, I'm resting now in a tomb that Bear sometimes visits.

In other news, woohoo we're happy lately.