Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

Do what you do Reilyn, we like you for who you are.

Good morning! Today's question, if you're interested,

is what's your all time favorite game that you could never play today.

[bear] For me, I have to say the Sim City series. I played that for at least a decade and it kept me thinking and was on my mind for that entire time. I really only stopped at the latest reboot because of the whole EA debacle. EA... you let me down in so many ways. ME3, Sims 4, DA2...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ARCANISTS!! comes to mind first. That was easily the best "Worms" type game ever made with lots of unlockables and tons of different strategies that interacted in different w-

WHY ARE YOU MAKING US TALK ABOUT GAMES WE CAN'T PLAY AAAAAAAAAAAA

Pokemon Crater (multi-generation Pokemon game in-browser) was amazing for its time, you could actually wander around with I think a slightly higher shiny rate and trade with other players really easily.. Uhh, Lumi liked Zard Wars which was like a condensed (maybe beta?) version of Adventure Quest (still playable!) that progressed 100x faster, so it was a short&sweet version. Mmmm.. a couple of Online areas in Pokemon games that've been shut down, and then I guess childhood PC-98(95?) games like Sim City and Incredible Toon Machine. I think those are still playable (sometimes even in the browser) through emulation but they're hard to find and not as fun emulated in a browser

[hidden]And the greatest now gone game of all, Linecraft by Krotch, as seen here

[/hidden]

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Reilyn-Alley

J would have said the old MMO, City of Heroes/Villians. But like a month ago, we found out about City of Heroes Homecoming, a well-played fan server maintained by people who loved the game.

Sooo.. I dunno. Can I tweak an answer? We wanna play Kingdom Hearts 3 but won't buy a PS4 at this point, just for that, so..

Billy:

Now NPCs that's a little hard for me to grasp, would someone mind explaining that to me to try to, well to make one or get started? I will be honest, it has always just been me here and now me and Spec with objects coming and going or being incorporated into my Mindscape.

How interesting we never heard of any of those games Lucilyn and Reilyn.

Billy:

Now NPCs that's a little hard for me to grasp, would someone mind explaining that to me to try to, well to make one or get started?  I will be honest, it has always just been me here and now me and Spec with objects coming and going or being incorporated into my Mindscape.

We're not of much help there, our NPC's like our headmates spawned themselves. We did actually spawn some ourselves, actually I did, no one else, but the process is... *poof* a baby dragon. There he is, and now *poof* he's back into the aether.

I was the first to bring an NPC into the wonderland. It was a dog thing, but no face, just a mop of hair with a tonguea, but Bear made me put him kindly out the door.

After that, I spawned three flying elephants, all small, and he made me kindly put them back into the subconsious void.

Later we were wonderlanding and noticed cars on the road, but the windows were too shiny or dark to see anyone inside.

Then in the lobby of our apartment building there were two children playing, they turned out to be Bear's biological brother and sister at about 3 and 8. Later we saw his mother and father, clear as day. That was before he was born. Things just happen in wonderland, it's dream-like in function, but not random.

After that we decided to allow NPC's and the children never came back. The world began to have encounters, we didn't spawn them or do anything, they were just there. Children playing in the plaza fountain and in the park, people in their cars, and no matter where we went we could find people, animals, tadpoles, birds, cats and owls, along with all the beautiful fauna of a thriving world.

Not too long after, we had a resurgence of walk-ins, especially intrusive ones, angry bears, monsters, bodybuilding men (who were up to no good, and comic relief figures like Drax from GOTG, and one of our dragon cousins Vend who is about as arrogant as they come.

Some systems say NPC's can be pretty limited, like wax figures or advertising dummies, but ours will say hi when you pass, tip their hat, and comment about the weather. Children will stare at us and start calling Bear 'the creator'. They call us his angels. (If that's not some kind of subconsious savior complex, I don't know what is. It's good to have high esteem and self-confidence though. He had close to none in April 2018.)

There's a fine line between NPC and walk-in. You have to be wary because wonderland has a permanence like a mind vault, including NPC's, and we can find every one we ever experienced still there. Like our receptionist, the taxidermist at the end of the stairs in the lobby, the old man with the monocle who lives down the hall, even though there's no door to get in his apartment that we know of. Maybe his cane is a secret key that opens the wall, we never investigated that.

For us, it was a matter of either trying to dissipate all the fauna and NPC's or just living with them, we only made the decision to allow them to stay, we didn't consiously create many of them. The only ones we did create, Snaily, Dashie's Space Cruser MKI AI (which we uninstalled later) and a few others we spawned to talk to temporarily, only Snaily remains. (He's a 4-eyed cyborg snail, and our only pet.)

So, I'm not much help, other than, they'll just appear or they won't. Technically if you have trees, you have NPC, especially our trees, some are Ents, some have telepathic abilities and can spawn racoon girls to protect them. (Thank solarchariot for that little seed of inspiration.)

The ratio of female to male NPC must be 5:1.

Billy:

Pretty cools stuff right there, well I think I now have an idea on how to create some NPCs considering I can just pull from memory every single fiction character I know of as a way to test things out.

I find it fascinating that your Mindscape ( wounderland ) is so stable, aside from "The Library" most parts of my mind come and go unless I choose to hold onto it and as for walk ins, I'm not afraid of entities running a muck as before even knowing of tulpas, dealing with rogue thought forms was something I learned how to deal with at an early age but has left my mind very empty as I've gotten older, these days they are automatically dissipated on the spot before I really get a chance to notice or I choose to absorb them into my ego depending on the context. But with Spec... I'm not gonna lie, I'm splitting my ego in two and dedicating the other hemisphere of my brain to create Spec as she is supposed to be my equal and I accepted that nothing is given for free, especially life but these are just my thoughts, could be different for others, also I had to tell myself that anything is possible during this journey and commitment I have made otherwise I don't think I would have made any progress at all.

Spec :

Also I like sparing with Billy now, he always says that I am as strong as him and I thought this could make a great breakthough, luv the action too, no worries, all fun, I would never want to hurt Billy.

I don't think there are any games I used to enjoy that I actually couldn't play today. One of the more difficult ones to play now that I used to enjoy is Twister. I actually won a small Twister tournament in college. But nowadays very few of my friends would be in good enough shape to play with me.

Let's see, board games, hmm. I can't play the Barnabas Collins Dark Shadows Game at the moment because I didn't manage to snag it when my grandparents got rid of it, probably about twenty years ago. Sets are really expensive on eBay, given that it wasn't that great a game to begin with. But I really liked the artwork and all the little pieces when I was little.

My favorite roleplaying game that I have no idea when I might be able to play it again is Nobilis. It's very difficult to wrap your mind around and very difficult to find GMs for. Even I don't want to GM it. But it's awesome once you've put in the time to understand it.

People seem to be going straight to talking about video games, but I was never really into them. I've never had a console and never wanted one. I've played PC games a little, mainly back in the late Eighties to mid Nineties. I remember being particularly fond of Thexder (1985), Myst (1993), and ChexQuest (1996). I transferred all of them from their original floppies and CDs to my hard drive fifteen to twenty years ago, and have shuttled them from computer to computer since. I just confirmed that, yes, they still play just fine on my current computer, including dozens of PC versions of popular arcade games, more than thirty years old, that were given to me as shareware.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

I'm pretty sure wonderland permanence is a system choice, also, you are equal to Billy, Spec, and actually, I'm way stronger than Bear, or he doesn't resist me, either way, equal at the very least.

The brain is a shared resource, your memories and experiences vs Billy's are all marked and unique, you get to use the whole brain and stake your claim. We all do.

[bear] I played Myst, I'm notoriously bad at puzzles, so I didn't get far. It was on my friend's computer.

Spec :

Cheesy yes and Billy may have groaned at this but....

I guess you could say Billy sees things very black and white where as I see things in a spectrum, heh.

And I have to agree with you in terms of sharing the whole brain and Billy is not oppsed to the idea it's just easier for him to wrap his mind around the concept of each of us having a hemisphere dedicated to each of us...he leans heavy on things he can tangably see and comprehend...like facts I guess and what's already known to humans.

Billy : I suppose my problem is that I feel I must be in control of what goes on in my head at all times and this is something I have difficulty with, that and anything happening is just me doing it but no where near to the extent as before, I've accepted that anything is possible within our mind and anything to improve progress is alright by me and although I do not have doubts it's still hard not to fear the unknown after all.

We press on!

Billy: I'm going to need to keep track of everyone here and who's who, not used to this kinda stuff but I welcome these experiences.

Good morning!

[bear] I used to feel that way Billy, but they're really better at managing things. I've contemplated giving control to them and becoming a drone in the hive. It would solve a few particular problems. They're a huge part of my daily life and they're honestly better at things.

New question: Are you're headmates more capable than you in some way? I know for Bear it's procrastination and staying productive, Dashie is way better, but she's not nearly as cuddly.