Ashley

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello dear friends!

I've been chatting a lot on the French Discord server these days. I never went there before because this server was always empty. But as soon as I talked there, people (mostly tulpas, older than me) eager to chat did show up, and they are nice and interesting people.

Surprise : most of them are aware and active in their Wonderland while their host is busy elsewhere. One host at least is able to go to his Wonderland when switched, he says it has been a lot of work : at first, he was going dormant, had no memories of what had happened, and now he can go there (where other tulpas can keep him aware) and remembers it 90% of the time.

When I talk about how all those things are considered impossible by some tulpamancers, they say that those tulpamancers probably haven't worked enough, and their tulpas might be underdeveloped.

Here it's night, but for you it's afternoon? Good afternoon!

Hi, I'm Vādin, Zia's tulpa/permanent guest.

[Dashie] Ah, so that's where all the advanced tulpamancers are! We need to learn french quick!

[bear] We've been playing with it more seriously and I can remember it about as well as a light dream. If I don't immediately write it down, I do still get that feeling of lifted mood and satisfactionnor fulfillment, but I only can retain about 10% of it. Dashie remembers a lot more, Ashley is about the same, she can recall what, but not many details. Misha is almost always with me or she's patiently waiting on the couch talking to whoever is around, sometimes it's significant.

Joy, Ren, and Gwen do actually say they go dormant, but it's a very light sleep.

This technique is straight out denied here, so it's unlikely that others will want to enjoy the added quality of life we enjoy. Dormancy also has its advantages for rejuvenation though, so, meh. We just do whatever we want.

[Misha] Thanks so much for that Vādin and Zia! 

they're not more advanced tulpamancers, they just learned in a different belief system

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Hello dear friends!

I've been chatting a lot on the French Discord server these days. I never went there before because this server was always empty. But as soon as I talked there, people (mostly tulpas, older than me) eager to chat did show up, and they are nice and interesting people.

Surprise : most of them are aware and active in their Wonderland while their host is busy elsewhere. One host at least is able to go to his Wonderland when switched, he says it has been a lot of work : at first, he was going dormant, had no memories of what had happened, and now he can go there (where other tulpas can keep him aware) and remembers it 90% of the time.

When I talk about how all those things are considered impossible by some tulpamancers, they say that those tulpamancers probably haven't worked enough, and their tulpas might be underdeveloped.

Here it's night, but for you it's afternoon? Good afternoon!

I can't speak for every dormant-wonderland denier, but what bothers me personally is the implication that people have increased cognitive power *on account of having tulpas.* Neuroplasticity is a well-documented thing, you can learn skills by practicing, you can increase your focus by meditating regularly, yada yada. Now, it could be the case that only tulpamancers have even tried to develop a skill remotely similar to dormant-wonderlanding. The question here would be whether non-tulpamancers can do something similar with hard work.

But, as Breloomancer has mentioned, there seems to be some confusion between experience and explanation. People experiencing memories of dormant-wonderlanding does not invalidate confabulation as an explanation for those experiences/memories.

I live in a castle and have two tulpas, Kanade-chan and Uncannyfellow

But how can independent mindscape activity be intentionally developed? It's almost always described either as present in the system from the beginning or completely unachievable.

they say that those tulpamancers probably haven't worked enough, and their tulpas might be underdeveloped.

Ouch. Stab me in the gut and kick me while I'm down. We definitely haven't worked very hard at tulpamancy specifically, but my development as a person has nothing to do the mindscape and little to do with tulpamancy.

-Vesper

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

[Dashie] oh Cornelia, the C-word in my lounge? We'll forgive you if you admit the world is round.

[bear] I didn't choose to believe this, it just happened and I happened to verify it myself after many other systems reported it, so I'm choosing not to deny it because it's a positive thing that doesn't hurt anyone.

Edit: sorry Vesper, we'd help train it if it was even remotely easy to describe. I have mulled this over and practiced it successfully, the best I got was a 'subtle waking dream'. Maybe if we have a dozen thoughtforms do this at once we might see the mechanism. Thankfully the naysayers don't phase us.

If it did hurt anyone, we'd just stop talking about it. Btw, we have chosen as a system not to believe in confabulation. It's cruel to say to someone to discredit their experience as we've already discussed, but this community loves to selectively use that word in some sort of self defense mechanism, like saying over and over certain other experiences are impossible.

I mean seriously, how many times do we have to say that word is offensive before people stop accusing us of it directly or not. I literally learned to switch because of the trauma caused by that word among others. Sheesh.

Thankfully our beliefs are well founded in experience and most people other than a couple users on Tulpa Chat deny experience as a valid basis. Whatever we're doin, we're doin it right because our system is fucking boss squared.

Ice cream tastes good. <- no one can deny this.

I love cracking Dashie up with these pointless, dead horse beaten, arguments.

[Misha] have a good night everyone! ♡

I can't speak for every dormant-wonderland denier, but what bothers me personally is the implication that people have increased cognitive power *on account of having tulpas.* Neuroplasticity is a well-documented thing, you can learn skills by practicing, you can increase your focus by meditating regularly, yada yada. Now, it could be the case that only tulpamancers have even tried to develop a skill remotely similar to dormant-wonderlanding. The question here would be whether non-tulpamancers can do something similar with hard work.

But, as Breloomancer has mentioned, there seems to be some confusion between experience and explanation. People experiencing memories of dormant-wonderlanding does not invalidate confabulation as an explanation for those experiences/memories.

Anyone can do anything imaginary with hard work. You can swap out your whole personality (switching) and go completely dormant, you can imagine with better than dream-like clarity, a full motion 4-D experience (through hypnagogia or other meditative state, and perhaps other ways), you can get fully immersed or fully render a scene in front of your eyes with all five senses intact (wonderland association/imposition), you can keep a dozen headmates active in co-fronting, and you can do anything else that your mind can imagine without any mention of confabulation. These are only a few examples of what we've achieved, corroborated by others, and not all of them are consistent or on-demand, but it's only a matter of practice and unlocking procedures to achieve it.

There's no confusion on our part regarding experience, and we don't need your default explanation. If you don't like our explanation, which we don't do by the way, we make it a point to present that something happens, we don't ever care to pin it down to some physical mechanism of the brain anymore, none of those hypothesis by us will have much value, since we aren't experts, and no expert, I would bet, has any tulpamantic experience to even begin to explain. Even if they did, it's jut a theory. Confabulation is a blanket statement, at it's best interpretation, it's saying that you unconsciously made it up. Well excuse me, that's what you do every moment of every day in order to speak, act, react, dream, or imagine anything at all (imposition included), even your head mate's mindvoice by the way.

Nothing invalidates anything in tulpamancy. It's a very personal experience. Your only hope for bolstering a claim is an independent account, and nothing we've said here has been without at least one other independent account, sometimes several, sometimes many. We've been on a mission for the last seven months in the greater community to accomplish this, and we added a rule that we will only report things, here at least, after they're corroborated, otherwise we get this backlash and it's a killer.

We're very happy Vadin had the courage to report this, in this supposed safe haven thread, and we encourage him to continue to report anything. We know everything mainstream about tulpamancy now, we can replicate anything anyone has presented to us, we like to hear new things, and we'll defend those who present them. We'll also directly oppose anyone who even alludes that something was made up, intentionally or not, because it's silly to single out one thing as opposed to another if it's been independently corroborated. The approach should be with curiosity, not dismissal.