Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

Daily reminder to stare at your tulpa?

I've gotten into an Art class and they're just starting a pencil portrait. I'm supposed to bring in a reference image and I'm extremely tempted to draw Cassidy. If anyone asks, I can honestly say it's Captain Jean Luc Picard, which ought to confuse them even more. But Cassidy's hair is nearly to his shoulders, his bangs are ludicrous. The real challenge will be not smiling and laughing too obtrusively in class, since both my brothers love to model. Heck, I do that too when I'm not switched in. I don't think enough hosts have fun with that! It's like sticking out two fingers and pretending to squish heads, only a hundred times better.

Gavin has been writing a guide about "Gavin Chair" aka "observer/watcher position" aka "backing" but it's painful... If you wanted to shift/switch into and out of the watcher position, how would you all go about that? Is it easier for some of you? What factors go into that? -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These positions are all very smooth. If I want to go to watcher position, I just metaphorically step back and stop thinking. I no longer need anyone to take my place when switching though.  Body OS will sit and veg out if I don't leave a task behind. This is like meditation in a way except I don't even breath purposely, so not really meditative, I think nothing, it's different than being aware of an empty mind while switched in.

Darlene has been taking this position lately, she prefers to watch and record. I've been good lately, so she doesn't have much to do. She's interested in writing, we still need to find some of us hobbies.

I purposefully go there now but originally it was a place I would go to avoid triggers. I don't really have any triggers now. It became automatic, but originally it was, "please handle this" and they did, while I concentrated on not thinking about it, that became automatic. The 'force filtering experiment' was exactly this.

[Ashley] hey, you got the picture right?

I was under the impression that the Gavin Chair was the "primary companion/advisor to the fronter" position, which is much more intellectually challenging than how Bear describes the watcher position. For us, "second position" often involves more intensive thought and decision making than "first position", in a way vaguely reminiscent of Julian Jaynes' bicameral mind. But if there is enough "meat" to the subject of the Gavin Chair to write a guide, perhaps you could tell us more about what is involved.

Switching between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (fronting, active, passive) is extremely fluid and effortless for us after a year of near-continual shifting. At first, switching between 2nd and 3rd took time and effort and was noticeably similar to switching between 1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd, which is why we adopted the same term for all of them.

For us, any position can be shared, but only occupancy of 1st position is obligatory. There's no stepping back and letting the Body OS do body things.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit

Well, you do sort of when you're driving and lose track of where you are, miss an exit, or arrive at the wrong location. It's common to 'zone out' and daydream or think very intensely over something that actually distracts you thoroughly enough to forget what you're doing or tie your shoes twice or something?

It does happen, that's the body OS, it's not great at knowing what it's supposed to do, it tends to do whatever it does the most, like drive to work when you meant to drive to the store.

Bear just figured how to do that on demand.

I tended to actually think that body OS actually does the switch for us, and it will put someone in dormancy if we ask, otherwise we don't know how to do that, yet it gets done on demand. Maybe that's our quirkiness.

Gavin Chair is watcher position taken advantage of. Constant passive awareness, a detachment from the situation that gives you a powerful distance, and mentally waking up instantly whenever needed- or just before. It's not co-fronting, he's not my co-pilot... it's almost more like an extremely helpful backseat driver who sleeps very lightly, but shocks away right before you miss that exit. He's always with me, always protecting, and I trust that I'll hear his voice in my ear if I'm getting anything something dangerous or if I'm unsure or feel unsafe. I think a lot of people would like a guardian angel... -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Yep, that's watcher position, it can be locked so it's a safe place free from emotions and triggers as well and we'd still call it watcher position.

Now, I don't want to imply your guys' drawing was that good or anything.

But that might be the most professionally done and impressive-looking avatar on the entire forum.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Now, I don't want to imply your guys' drawing was that good or anything.

But that might be the most professionally done and impressive-looking avatar on the entire forum.

Woohoo! Thanks Flandre. Wait, not that good?! It's good enough for me and that's sayin' something. Just you wait till they draw Darlene then, if anyone's avitar deserves to be that good it's hers.

[Misha] Challenge accepted.

Just wanted to contrast high praise with low expectations for what I was about to say, lol, was sort of a joke.

You guys slowly going through and making an awesome, lifelike drawing of each of your system members is literally our dream by the way. I'm pretty sure accomplishing lucid dreaming would be much easier and take far less time than us trying to get to that level of skill.. So we'll stick with that.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

[insert inspirational quote here] something about it takes time for fruit to ripen, and they'll be all the more sweeter for the wait.