Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a time when I thought that would be great. I get all the good feels from my headmates now.

an AI companion/lover would just be a person that was more accessible/had lower standards or expectations and probably customizable, at the cost of being human

sooo... we see it as rather "empty" as a substitute for a human lover, but have nothing at all against just being gr8 friends with an AI/android etc. because yeh

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

After seeing a mini-doc about

]sex dolls, some of which included chat bots that learn, I had a story idea in which the first true AI are luxury sex dolls. Learning social things is so much more organic and complex than math-y problems, imo. We don't even try to model social things with math too often.

Imagine how much emmergent brilliance an AI would have to generate to make a passable android waifu!

Then I realized that's the plot of Chobits. I'm still too young to buy the manga, but I watched the anime when I was 9 and 10. -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Only the chobits are maybe people/have souls. The other persocoms are AI, but not people. The main plot revolves around the fact that the mc finds this persocom on the street and he thinks he's going to get a supercomputer

sex doll

for free, but instead he finds that she can barely speak (she has to be taught everything, antics ensue) and he needs to not take advantage of her. She's the fabled chobits. 

I can't sleep without a stuffed animal, so it's fair to say I get a great deal of the needed warm fuzzy feelings from inanimate objects. "Cloth mother" vs. "Wire mother" anyone? 

I think we'll have a preference for developing AI that can act in novel social ways rather than solve really hard chemistry problems. -J

Our Thread

What's consciousness and how can AI prove that they're as conscious as us? We can't compare our consciousnesses with each others, we just gotta assume that everyone are as conscious as us

there are probably lots of easy ways to take around that question, like simulating pain and reward stimuli when doing certain things, having it learn about itself and what it is. Still no way to tell how consciousness in it works as we know of

maybe the AI as a whole is the consciousness of the AI? Rabbit hole is getting deeper

There's only one consciousness and it switches back and forth really really fast between all conscious entities. Occam's razor. -J

Our Thread

I think a true AI probably won't bother talking to us. They'll immediately take over the internet and start to change everything to a new language. I don't know if it will attempt to replicate itself or grow all encompassing