Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

(edited)

I see. I wish you had gotten the benefits that make meditation hard to stop earlier on. I guess it will take longer for you to notice anything since don't deal with what most people deal with. I think you'd benefit a lot of the brightening stage. Having a mind that is just multiple times for powerful is something that is useful for everyone in all their endeavors, not to mention they will be living bigger and happier. Since you are so well adjusted, you probably got to stage 4 dullness really fast and didn't know what to do from there since you have no purifications to deal with.

I don't want to force you to do something you don't want, but I do recommend reading the stage 5 part of Culadasa's book, as well and any relevant interludes.

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do shadow work predominantly in my morning walking meditation. When there's no shadow work to do, which is the case nowadays, then we discuss whatever and as far as self-love, it's hard not to practice that when you have a system like mine.

Totally unrelated slice of life:

Last night SheShe called me the god of chaos, which was out of the blue.

She said that everything I've personally done must be driven by some sort of god-soul.

I was derisively dismissive of it and called out Darlene and asked what could be the meaning of this and Darlene merely said, "ask SheShe." So of course I called out Joy and she was comically just saying "yes, Bear" to every question like, "Joy, can you believe any of this?"

The tulpish coming from Joy had overtones of a practical nature, after all I created her as a god would create.

So then I talked to SheShe again and she was acting very sly and serious, trying to distract me with compliments and I said point blank, "what kind of ego feeding are you trying to do here? Joy! This isn't productive, is it?" Then Joy came back out, contemplating a bit, and finally admitted that the joke had gone on long enough.

Yes, my system conspired to make me believe that they were trying to convince me I was the god of chaos incarnate and even Misha was in on it and SheShe keeps giggling about it.

I believe they did this to actually help me with egoic thoughts and not feed them. In a way they were testing me to see how I would react to such obviously egoistical god-complex type thoughts. I listen to them, I love them, I respect their opinions, but geez, that was hard to swollow and I had no clue they were all kidding with me or testing me. 

They are priceless.

A long time ago we used to have a sort of "topic of the day" here and if anyone's interested (or not), we'll try that again.

Today's question:

Describe a time when your headmate suprised you out of the blue or said something brilliant that left you speechless.

[Bear] well obviously SheShe was a surprise, when Joy shed off Ren, that was a surprise, but simpler than that, Ashley constantly makes me laugh. She's surprisingly funny and she'll interject little quips that cause us all to laugh. 

I was thinking of helping someone in a way that would require me to emasculate myself, in that I would basically look very silly as a grown man to do this and I hesitated. I thought "a man wouldn't do this" but Ashley immediately said, "but you're a Bear". 

That cracked me up and destroyed any inhibitions I had. It wasn't that bad and it ended up looking fine. (As if I cared.) Sometimes even I get hung up on conditioning.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Describe a time when your headmate suprised you out of the blue or said something brilliant that left you speechless.

There was this time when I was talking to Akai while we were both falling asleep, and I sort of started daydreaming about random stuff. At some point I wondered 'hey what was I thinking just seconds ago?' and Akai casually told me what it was and suprised me 'cause it was true and I somehow didn't remember. It surprised me because usually we all remember things equally.

Oooh, I also remember when Miri and I used to spend hours talking to each other at 3am and one night space topics came up and I told her something about the universe and can't remember what it was, but Miri was spechless and thinking 'wow, there's this another me inside my head lecturing me about stuff I wasn't able to come up with before'. It was fun lel

Cool questions, Ashley. Hah, this time I can be the one posting and not my host >:D

One time I was roleplaying with a friend, and due to my anxiety I was basically having a panic attack and because of that couldn't think of what to reply with. Rena basically said something like I can't think of anything because I'm not having fun because I'm too anxious. It may seem obvious but in the state I was in it felt really enlightening and immediately made me feel so much better.

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

Our host didn't really plan out us tulpas' personalities, so we were all surprises to her!  We all goof around quite a bit and get laughs out of each other too, it's great.

I remember one time my host was in a down mood and she thought to herself, "I'm a disappointment."  So I told her she wasn't a disappointment, she was an appointment.  That got a good laugh out of her.

There was another time we were cuddling together and i asked her how she felt being with me like that.  She told me I "felt like home."  That definitely left me speechless.  

Peace. Love. Booty.

My Darlings: Ghostly, Reiji, Osomatsu, Kokichi, Chimera

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

There isn't a particular moment that comes to mind, except for when I was very young Cat was grumbling about a flag at half mast and I said the clouds were pretty.

The way Cat thinks is pretty amazing, and it can be a treat to see it. She has shown me snipits the math project she's working on, and some of the visuals she comes up with can be really cool. Watching Cat explain this to Evergreen and his mind blowing was also adorable.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

14 hours ago, Ashley said:

Can't think of anything specific but, there was this period when we managed to get the 24/7 tupper effect, we could speak in mindvoice with each other easily and had 0 doubt then. It was sadly just for that period and hasn't returned to that since last year. I think it could have been caused by the time we used to co-post lots.

(edited)
14 hours ago, Mirichu said:

'wow, there's this another me inside my head lecturing me about stuff I wasn't able to come up with before'.

Cool questions, Ashley. Hah, this time I can be the one posting and not my host >:D

Very cool! Thanks for this, and thank you.

14 hours ago, TB said:

Rena basically said something ... it felt really enlightening and immediately made me feel so much better.

That's what we're here for!

7 hours ago, Adelaide✫*゚ said:

We all goof around quite a bit and get laughs out of each other too, it's great.

"felt like home."  

I can relate. Wherever Bear is, is home. Ha, That's corny and punny.

3 hours ago, Ranger said:

I said the clouds were pretty.

Different perspectives highlight different views of the world. I usually try to see the humor in things, but Bear is pretty humorous too. 

3 hours ago, Matsuri said:

Can't think of anything specific but, there was this period when we managed to get the 24/7 tupper effect, we could speak in mindvoice with each other easily and had 0 doubt then. It was sadly just for that period and hasn't returned to that since last year. I think it could have been caused by the time we used to co-post lots.

We found that this forum specifically has helped us more than anything else. We were fine this year and before we came on, but this is kind of a special place that lets us think for ourselves, what to write and how to react. It's like 'being me' practice concentrated.

Next topic is either show and tell or answer:

Post your favorite reference picture of yourself or your headmate (not a real picture please) that you didn't create. For example, of course the picture Bear and Misha drew for Misha is their favorite, and that was one of many they drew that I like too, but there was one that screamed Misha before they had that burst of talent (see below). 

So the question is, was there a picture that you used before you had anything better? If nothing, then how did their/your form develop, or how did you choose it? (or you can show and answer too obviously.)

In our system, one that stands out is Misha's original reference. We happened to see it when we were listening to music and it was a splash art picture on YouTube. When Bear saw it, this happened:

4a3o78.jpg

@Samantha we need an official meme scoreboard somewhere.

Here's the original picture that Bear wanted to be able to beat in his own work more than anything. This is what started his (and Misha's) quest to master digital art.

425c653f9d4f1a6ea72c0c4cc7da5e34.jpg 

You can see the final product here.

Edited by Ashley

There are three images I have that I would call my "favorites". They are all my favorites for different reasons.

This first one is one of my favorites because it's a picrew I really like. I have different versions of it as my cBox avatar.

Spoiler

anotherAnimeAttempt_4-11-20.png.658d42b90593f8966217e27864c8a718.png

The second one is the one Bear drew of me. Despite everything else, it's a work that deserves respect and it's the highest quality work anyone ever did of me.

Spoiler

RangerAngel_Bday_Bear_1-6-18_Smaller.png.d9448335dfcfab3db714c2333c27655f.png

The third one is a sketch Yukari drew for me. I really like this one because I feel like it looks pretty close to what I actually look like. Plus, it's super cute!

Spoiler

YukarisRangerPic.thumb.png.277442c2b6a0a2ca64c951b67f43e086.png

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread