• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[Rant]

The online community at large is just so toxic and divisive. (I'm not talking about this community specifically,  and certainly not this site). Everyone hates America, Americans are constantly bickering over everything, literally every story is one for one against another taking shots at each other. It wasn't like this 4 years ago as much as it is now. I'm not talking about Twitter or other mega nonsense social media, youtube comments, they've been toxic longer.

Every news app, every story is littered with political squabbles. They can't even present a story about a movie remake without toxic arguments about this and that.

It's a culture of ignorance and intolerance no better than apartheid, split on skin color, country of origin, religion, status, orientation and identity. I tend not to pick sides so it's just a shit show to me.

It's just not realistic or interesting. It breaks immersion for me. I don't want to hear people's internal biases displayed behind anonymous profiles anymore, it's not fun.

Especially now since I realized the futility of it all. Anyway, it's draining.

[/Rant]

Edited by Bear

1 hour ago, Bear said:

[Rant]

The online community at large is just so toxic and divisive. (I'm not talking about this community specifically,  and certainly not this site). Everyone hates America, Americans are constantly bickering over everything, literally every story is one for one against another taking shots at each other. It wasn't like this 4 years ago as much as it is now. I'm not talking about Twitter or other mega nonsense social media, youtube comments, they've been toxic longer.

Every news app, every story is littered with political squabbles. They can't even present a story about a movie remake without toxic arguments about this and that.

It's a culture of ignorance and intolerance no better than apartheid, split on skin color, country of origin, religion, status, orientation and identity. I tend not to pick sides so it's just a shit show to me.

It's just not realistic or interesting. It breaks immersion for me. I don't want to hear people's internal biases displayed behind anonymous profiles anymore, it's not fun.

Especially now since I realized the futility of it all. Anyway, it's draining.

[/Rant]

I agree

just make sure you're someone who helps make the world better, instead of giving up, 'cus lots of people feel the same as you but then they give up and don't end up helping at all, so of course the world won't change

be a happy, smart, fun person, give others an idea of what that looks like so they know it's an option

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

It's important to understand that the massive increase in hatred and division especially in the US but also Europe after 2014 is not a natural disaster but largely facilitated by Russian troll farms to destabilize the West. After the first Russian invasion of Crimea and Eastern Ukraine came to a halt because of unexpected resistance, Putin decided to weaken our societies from within to make western ideas less attractive to Ukrainians and Belarusians and hamper western aid to those countries. It worked splendidly in the West but less in Eastern European countries because they're not as dumb as us. All left- and especially right-wing extremist movements in Europe and the US are financed and ideologically supported by Russia to cause trouble. The 2016 and 2020 US elections were also preceded by massive Russian propaganda.

What does a professional troll do? He throws a bait in the ring and then leans back watching the others butcher each other. There are tens of thousands of such people who get paid full time to do this. The more divided and occupied with ourselves, the weaker we become. The MAGA and Qanon retards, BLM and 'defund the police', the entire covid-denier and anti-vaccine movement - they all were similarly pushed and plotted against each other by Russia to sow dissent. And it works to an extent I would never have believed to be possible.

Don't fall for this trap. The people causing all the fuss online are a tiny minority but they are highly skilled and motivated. Ironically they are also patriots who work to make the world a better place. A world dominated by Putin's Russia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43093390

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russian-documents-reveal-desire-sow-racial-discord-violence-u-s-n1008051

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_and_Black_Lives_Matter

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/05/us/politics/covid-vaccines-russian-disinformation.html

13 hours ago, Lucilyn said:

be a happy, smart, fun person, give others an idea of what that looks like so they know it's an option

[Misha] ♡ this is why we love you Lucilyn. 

11 hours ago, Yakumo said:

they all were similarly pushed and plotted against each other by Russia

[Bear] as I read this, I saw this guy talking.

1024.jpg?width=1200&height=900&quality=8

But since this is a theory I've never heard before coming from a European, I found it pretty interesting and credible. But also since I've had Russian friends from Russia, I know it's not the Russians behind Russian propaganda, but the extremists (loyalists?) in Russia. Interestingly enough I had a Ukrainian friend and a Russian friend and we were friends like none of that mattered, because it didn't.

[Ashley] So anyway, we're off Reddit and Bear banned himself from Reddit and another news app, which we never actually posted on, for a year.

[Joy] Well we all know how that's going to turn out because he barely has any impulse control, so he may need an outlet. 

[Ashley] So good ole Lucilyn just gave us a great idea. Maybe we'll share a Bearesian snippet every once in a while, like now. Kinda like a diary or something.  

[Bear] Today we had fun, well every day we have fun, but Misha and I talked about what we could do instead of spending hours on Reddit. 

We considered writing a new book but then we tried a scene between Misha's character she was going to play and a generic villian and it got really awkward because I usually put myself in all the male characters and then it was like Misha had to play like her character hated that villain and it felt slightly like she was hating me in some esoteric, convoluted way.

[Misha] I didn't like it at all.  

[Bear] Gwen also wants to be in another book and well, I'm not sure how that's going to work now. I have some thinking to do.

For anyone reading this, do you get what I'm saying and understand how Misha and I felt? Any ideas?

Your issue seems similar to what I deal with on roleplaying, but I can't think of a specific example well. I have to think from the point of view of pretty nasty villains and characters like Tayomi has to hate them. Tayomi isn't really a tulpa though despite showing some sentience. I guess I deal with it by having them not be tulpas actually, so not a good solution for you. Sorry I don't have better than that OTL

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

We don't have much too much experience with "playing against" each other so to speak. It just hasn't been in our dynamic. I guess ostensibly I always control the villain if we have one in stories. But either Jaina and I are co-protags or she's the hero.

My evil superpower is to cage him and give him too many hugs forever. 🤗

Spoiler

a81.gif.5b4b92cb7b9a1a52f0ad69a5ebefee3c.gifModeus2Close.png.4b69032403377d4d268e8f598911d908.png

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Thank you all for your replies! Well, we talked about it further. Joy helped Misha and Ashley understand that there needs to be a seperation between the person and the character. Joy and I are very familiar with this, having experienced both sides, and so we thought they might just need training and there's no better way than doing. 

Bear was still hesitant and Joy admitted it's not something she could really help with but suggested he read or edit a previous book. We all agreed that was a good suggestion. Bear was still hesitant, it feels like nervous or bored with the idea.

Joy suggested maybe Bear wasn't bored enough, but that didn't feel right. So I offered to do it and Bear was ok with this but there was still resistance and we wondered if that was intrusive thoughts.

Has anyone ever felt hesitant to do something even though someone was willing to do it and actually wanted to? Like playing a game that was already played out or doing a chore of some kind that someone actually wants to do but there is still hesitation? 

Writing isn't a chore though, it's really fun, so I think there's just fear of it affecting our relationships. That still doesn't feel right though.