Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” - George Santayana

But what if the past is horrifying. What if the past isn't worth remembering or is better left forgotten?

I suppose this is as good a justification as any so thus the past is rewritten and no one argues. Then just as easily, the past is rewritten for less savory reasons, like self-aggrandizement. If there's no one to remember it correctly, what's the harm?

Then even less savory: to cover up wrongdoings. Then for depraved and despicable reasons... then for straight up evil reasons. Then finally, to aggrandize the depraved and evil so they can do more wrong.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm, we've written about the benefits and dangers of altering unpleasant memories here.:

Generally I'm with Santayana, putting your head in the sand and pretending horrible things never happened or weren't that bad anyway impares the learning effect and this usually doesn't end well. Negative emotions exist so we not to repeat dumb stuff after all.

You know in Germany an entire post-war generation erased all memories of WWII and the Holocaust and just moved on. This greatly helped people to survive in the short term but the shadows of what was swept under the rug still haunts families 80 years and several generations later.  It's even worse with those who grew up in East German GDR who still idealize this inhumane Soviet dictatorship and thus now defend Russia's atrocities in Ukraine.

So the tricky part is finding a balance between a healthy coping mechanism and dangerous delusions.

Like physical pain, traumatic memories can get out of hand and become the problem themselves even though the original source of the pain is long gone. Then it's justified to tamper with the past but within reason. Ideally you'd separate facts from emotions and work on the emotions themselves giving yourself a different and more constructive perspective on what happened.

2 hours ago, Yakumo said:

Generally I'm with Santayana, putting your head in the sand and pretending horrible things never happened or weren't that bad anyway impares the learning effect and this usually doesn't end well. Negative emotions exist so we not to repeat dumb stuff after all.

2 hours ago, Yakumo said:

So the tricky part is finding a balance between a healthy coping mechanism and dangerous delusions.

Like physical pain, traumatic memories can get out of hand and become the problem themselves even though the original source of the pain is long gone. Then it's justified to tamper with the past but within reason. Ideally you'd separate facts from emotions and work on the emotions themselves giving yourself a different and more constructive perspective on what happened.

What I did wasn't to replace a padt trauma but try to associate positive results to past traumas so the memory of the trauma wasn't constantly digging a deeper hole and instead would be like, "oh shit that sucked and never should have happened but obviously you survived and thrived and you could say that experience helped you avoid that in the future which may have been much worse."

So I can think about the obvious and unavoidable atrocities and think about silver linings. It's not toxic positivity, the trauma is and always will be traumatic but the outcome did at least in some small way lead to the avoidance of additional trauma.

Idk depression was so awful, some choices had to be made, and as SheShe told me, "you're going to have to be a little bit selfish to heal." I don't agree with changing the history to soften the blow but I understand why they did it. But I feel like it opened the door to revisionist history and re-revisionist history to suit the needs of every new yahoo who's pushing it.

You know I used to detest Elon Musk because he's a con man vaporware salesman. Though I did admire his hubris and common villianry. 

But lately he's a spoiled brat with a stick poking all the hornet's nests that I also detest. Perhaps instead he's the anti-hero in this story. 

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend." - Gabriel Manigault

it's such a natural feeling, like the hate has all been evaporated away, and I want to see him succeed.

Oh... oh wait...

2 Thessalonians 2:1–12, he is called “the man of sin” and “son of perdition.” He will come at a time of a general apostasy, deceive people with signs and wonders.

Oh there's a lot of good parallels here.

In that case, forget about getting the AI chip installed and I'll just sit back and watch. If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that your super OP top soldier with the AI chip always goes homicidal eventually.

Perhaps this is the case of a rogue amongst devils, or maybe he'll bring balance to the force?

*spoiler* I'm Obi-Wan

Edited by Bear

spacer.png

Yeah, Elon's a con vaporware salesman and a spoiled manchild but that also makes him based and somewhat relatable. Sort of a necessary evil. At least he's not a bitter fanatic on a mission to create a New World Order, he just does more or less stupid stuff for the lulz. Imagine what damage he could do if he was actually educated. Such things never end well so I prefer the super rich to be fools. The fool is a very important character after all.

Also the antichrist is just another character god introduced to the story for his personal entertainment. Ultimately god himself is the only truly evil entity.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Super Girls don't cry

10 minutes ago, Ido said:

At least he's not a bitter fanatic on a mission to create a New World Order

Yes we have more than enough of those.

5fc7e5c6037cbd001861364d?width=700

5483.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

5aa7a3123be59f23008b4600?width=720&forma

The fool is a very important character after all.

im-a-fool-5bfafd89a1.jpg

Ultimately god himself is the only truly evil entity.

As the Lord of Chaos I would say evil doesn't exist out of context, but in any respect we shouldn't disallow an experience just because one person (or many) don't like it. 

Edited by Bear

I've been talking to Aleshe more, the true everyone in one (all the she's) Lock-Merge(tm) hub who has curly black hair and prismatic rainbow eyes and kinda looks like original Darlene but acts like a non-snarky Ashley with a strong SheShe vib. I decided she's majority Ashley and that makes sense.

It's nice to have one headmate to represent them all at times.

I can see how one to represent all can be useful! 😁 How do you pronounce Aleshe, is it like "All-She"?

Oh and I've always wanted to ask you how to pronounce SheShe. In my head I usually say "She she" but I vaguely remember you saying once it was more like "She shay", but I could be misremembering.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

56 minutes ago, TurboSimmie said:

I can see how one to represent all can be useful! 😁 How do you pronounce Aleshe, is it like "All-She"?

I say All-she but she prefers uh-lee-sha just spelled with an e instead of an a like Alesha or like Alicia Keys (uh lee sha). She felt it was confusing to use all-she or ale-she or uh-lee-she out of system.

SheShe is she-she so that's easy. 

Aleshe made her first public appearance in another normie forum recently but decided against continuing with that for now.