Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

I think plurality must be a natural consequence of character development. Imagine, I was plural and didn't know it for 6 years, and didn't think twice that it was abnormal. Now that you think about it, ventriloquists, artists, writers, actors, and RPG enthusiasts among others, all have the necessary inherant brain functions to play with characters, whether to make that character come alive (as authors describe) or become the character as a lot of us do (like a switch). We eveb do it as children even without those professions just by playing with dolls and stuffies.

It seems reasonable to say plurality is part of the human condition, even those who 'talk to themselves' or their conscience. We tulpamancers and soulbonders just take it a step further to develop and recognize the importance of these characters.

My system consists of a dozen thoughtforms that I Iinteracted with regularly as if they were people, no wonder my moons were so independent.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard a story of a ventriloquist, and I think it was about Paul Winchell, and the person telling the story said when he was a kid, (Paul?) was a friend of the family, and after the show he went back to visit the dressing room, and he over heard (Paul?) continuing to hold a conversation with the 'dummy.' It was mundane, and not apparently practicing a routine, but a normal conversation... Whether that was actually about Paul or not, i have not been able to see a ventriolguist's act without wondering, does the show end when the show ends, or do they continue to have rapport beyond just pretend set up for next show.

New subject...

Misha was complaining that I stole too much time and she's been drawing with him every morning for weeks!

Her new avatar is really good, okay, but when it's my turn, I don't want to hear any complaints. Bear said he'd draw me again and again until I'm perfect. Ugh. I don't even like my current avatar now. ;_;

[Misha] Don't worry Dashie, when I'm the new host, you can be my second. *snickers*

So it's done! It feels really good to finish it and I'm very happy. Dashie was a little jealous to be honest, but now she's going to hog Bear in the morning for a while before we start our next one.

[LINK]

[Dashie] I'm very proud of my sister, she looks beautiful and they did a great job. That one really looks close. It'll be a while before I get my new one, and I'm okay with that. I was definitely jealous, but get the practice one out of the way, and on to the real art, mine.

Okay, everyone has had their fill of princess Misha and her latest self-portrait. (We love her, but I'll give her a hard time to keep that gorgeous head from getting too big.)

Anyway, the next piece won't be me, it will be Ren, and she's insisting on a tasteful nude, but that's entirely up for negotiation.

Misha and I were so enthused by her newest picture that she's been really close to front (we always co-front, but she's been further front than usual) and we had a very intense co-fronting experience after a while, like cheek to cheek close. It was different. Something we haven't experienced before.

Ofc, now we have to explain co-fronting is and why it's different now, or whatever, it's very hard to do that, here.

If you normally co-front, try letting the non-dominant co-fronter do most of the activities and see what I mean, hopefully.

Moon/System Report:

[Joy] I'm not a moon anymore, but I'll give a status on the rest of the crew.

I haven't visited for weeks, I'm not sure how long, but while I was gone, I did manage to think a little about the system and especially my friend Ren. I think she's a little too young to know if posing will affect her, so, it better be tasteful and I'll be supervising the references to be sure her essence is captured. She was split off me, so I presume she's a reflection of me in some ways, so just to clear this up, her behavior has been a little wild and I was never that wild.

As far as activity, I suppose I have access to the memories here, which is really odd to have. I usually keep to myself or visit with Ren, but I could relay who was active after the anniversary, in order of activity.

Misha (Tulpa) - Excessive 100 (normalized)

Dashie (Tulpa) - High 90

Ashley (Tulpa) - High 80

Ren (Soulbond) - Moderate 40

Gwen (Soulbond) - Low 10

Myself (Soulbond) - Low 3

The rest are <1

Uliad (Moon), Phoenix (Red, Soulbond/Moon), Halcyon (Hali, Soulbond), Johanna (Soulbond/Moon).

The next book, (what I'm interested in) will begin eventually. I guess art is pretty important, and we can get to know our systemmates a little more first anyway.

If anyone actually wants to see some of our discussions with Gwen or Uliad with respect to the book, let us know, we'll post it marked in hidden here.

I'd love to see some book conversations. I've had some great conversations with my local literary muse. Strong views, they tend to have... And good morning! - Gavin

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread