Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

Phones are "banned" in our school, but we found a little hole in the book about school law that anyone could use but people don't seem to read those books very often. You have to turn in your phone but it says in the school law that teachers don't have right to take your stuff from you with force

we have no reason to have our phone on us but it feels better to have it than someone else having it. And it's fun to play with rules ;p

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, my mom does that. But I want them to ban them in general from school. Not quick checks. Not in the hallway, not when you have free time. Ofc people will sneak them in the bathrooms. But you shouldn't have your phone on your person. You should have it completely off in your bag until the end of the day. At least in elementary and middle schools... I know high school is a little harder. People have jobs, some have kids. -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

This topic of discussion is Misha approved, an alternative topic is

the effect of MMORPGs (or MMOFPS) on the brain of a teenager--should MMORPGs have a minimum age limit?

our brain is way too weird to guess at/talk about what effects MMOs had on it, but Lumi did play Runescape 2006-2010 (age ~11-15) or so a LOT

.... well, we don't recommend anyone plays Runescape, but we let people who choose to do so do so

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

MMOs is in a gray area for us. There's some positive memories from MMOs, I think? There's also those less positive experiences. It has been too hard to get into MMOs because of how shallow many of them are, at least playing without friends

Destiny (does it count?) has been one of the more positive ones even tough we were mostly using looking for group sites for harder activities like raids

Xar tried getting into Final Fantasy 14 once. Friends were expected to join him but they decided not to because too anime. He plowed trough the shallow story quests all the way up to level 50-60 and then quit. Worth it? I'd say definitely not, but the idea of playing it with others seems cozy and maybe even a little fun, but I'm skeptical

I think it's hard finding others to play with, and we actually prefer multiplayer over singleplayer, even tough we mostly play singleplayer nowadays.

One thing is certain. Competitive atmospheres are the worst..

MMOs are fine, I'm worried about the incredibly addictive microtransaction-driven mobile games. Being a parent is super stressful, and being able to give your kid an iPad and have them shut up for a bit is (superficially) very nice for a parent/caretaker. But the reason they shut up is because whatever apps draw an abnormal amount of focus from the kid while they get their fix of dopamine or whatever-

Oh my god. I just realized: I've become the adult I swore as a kid I'd never become, arguing against kids playing games too much. Oh how times change

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

we don't mind as long as kids are playing GOOD games :V

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas