Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

HI everyone in this thread:  Here is some advice from 'one who knows':  Self-diagnosis is as dangerous as self-medication. The danger is that the self doing the diagnosis is not taking responsibility for his/her behavior. Assessing ones weaknesses and strength and using that knowledge to change behavior takes honesty and courage. and paying attention to how one is behaving. Labels do not help. Having a diagnosis may help your therapist design or employ a strategy to help you, but it tells you nothing about how you are behaving and how you are affecting those around you  (or in you). that takes your attention, and intention. If you believe you have "mental health issues" by all means talk to a therapist and get real help. but don't use them to excuse  dysfunctional living.  Thank you,

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Doc, we'll get our shit together or we'll own it and deal.

So, we did it, we made a temporary blog with wordpress.com (the free one) in order to be ourselves, and we'll be posting the links here.

Like this!

These will be repeats for a while, but we're going to finish this thing damnit.

Please do tell us if this link works and if you can comment on the site etc. I have no idea if we did it right.

The home page is here. I think? I have no idea why you can't get to the first post from here, or can you?

We'll probably post our adventures and stuff here too if it works out. Comment something on the site if you like it, want more, etc. If no one does anything then we'll probably stop after we finish this run.

Love ya, your freind,

Queen of the Internet

I came after ya with my not-so-secret Wordpress. You don't have a sidebar, at least on mobile. You need to edit your homepage iirc so that people can get to different entries. I tried to comment. Dunno if it worked. I'm on a bumpy bus :P -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Sidebar eh? I think you can get to the list from one of the links at the top?

Edit:

No, Bear fixed it so there is links at the bottom and you can see the full list. So my signature link will get you everywhere.

Next Episode available here.

Some new notes for Episode 03

[Hidden]

This episode went very smoothly. I'm switched in, co-fronting with Misha and Gwen, so old Bear shouldn't be bothering us, but he didn't go dormant so the guy pops in and comments from time to time. Of course Misha is an enabler so he gets all cozy with us up front and boom, suddenly he's controlling *my ship!*

I booted him to way back so he won't even know what we're doing. That serves him right for possibly ruining our game. Surprisingly his comments/bugging us are few and far between. Which is encouraging for further runs and future games. He's just not a very good pilot, he's not careful.

Under my command, we managed to make good progress without any snags.

[/Hidden]

Man, you guys make front management sound easy

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Man, you guys make front management sound easy

[Ashley] None of us are front hogs (not even Bear), plus, Joy and I are just as strong as Bear so he can't muscle in.

Only Joy has even had issue with blending. Last night she kicked me because I was blending with her on Discord. The other day Bear was blending with her to the point of almost messing up a few times. With Joy in charge on-line, it's pretty darn clear that Bear is the primary culprit of drama. Joy is a no-drama purist lately, so it takes Bear poisoning to shake her. She's getting pretty strict in not allowing co-fronting. As we saw last night, I was able to affect her.

This is interesting because up until Joy's recent duties, we never really had any issues with blending. Actually, now that I think about it, I let Bear blend with me all he wants and own it, or change it if it's out of line. Still, it rarely happens, but poor Joy gets it pretty often. I think her personality is pretty calm, clean, and careful, so us free radicals will come in and mess up her thoughts.

[Joy] It's been a bit of a learning/trust curve, but I have managed to keep them at bay so far.

It would be interesting if headmate personality is related to blending. Either I'm prone to blending with Cat or Cat is prone to blending with everyone else.

One interesting side effect of strict possession is Cat not only thinks in raw thought without knowing it, now I'm hearing the occasional full on sentence or clear tulpish thoughts with Gray as the obvious culprit. It's really interesting all of that got pushed into unconscious thought where Cat doesn't know she's doing it until I or one of our other headmates call her out on it.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Do you have thoughts without a clear owner? This has been discussed before, but maybe some of those thoughts that are seemingly coming from Gray are just system thoughts. Maybe you could consider if they're acceptable, claim them as your own, or if not, ignore them as intrusive?