Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

They probably wouldn't allow that anymore. One person mauled by a bear and it ruins the fun for everyone.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The actual definition of "domesticated" is why even friendly bears/big cats in zoos etc. are still dangerous

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

7 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

The actual definition of "domesticated" is why even friendly bears/big cats in zoos etc. are still dangerous

You'll have to be more specific 

On 8/11/2020 at 1:52 PM, Ashley said:

Does the original gender of the original host pre-tulpamancy (this is getting technical), affect you when you front for extended periods?

Example, cis male host with cis female headmate. Does the female feel more male mentally when fronting for extended periods?

I'm not sure. My longest time spent switched-in was 36 hours, but I didn't feel more feminine during that time. I tend to walk differently than Cat does, but I'm not sure if that walk is stereotyped to be "more male" or I just walk differently.

Even dealing with ... "Girl stuff" ... I don't feel more feminine because of it nor do I feel dysphoric from it. Girly shirts and painted nails make me feel uncomfortable, not more feminine.

The body never made me feel more feminine while possessing, so I figured that didn't count.

The body's voice bothers me a bit, and I'm more likely to feel like I'm Cat than to think I'm actually more feminine than I realize.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I don't think they allow it for anyone. Before he retired he was the zoo superintendent, and had been a zoo keeper for a few solid decades. 

Toughest thing I did myself was probably hold tiny poison dart frogs in an open exhibit (read: room with birds flying everywhere.) I thought they were actually poisonous cuz I was only 6 and got scared and dropped one, and a turkey vulture flew down and carried it away. They got it back, somehow, and it was explained to me that poison dart frogs need to eat some sort of rainforest ant to pose any danger. 

Something you can try yourself at any zoo is that many of the animals will get very excited at the sound of keys, which they associate with someone opening their cages to bring them food. Don't be obnoxious, still, but I real got smiles out of my teachers when we all went to the zoo and I shook my keys to get the wolves to run right up to the glass. 

I miss the zoo ;_; I want to go. 

Have you ever seen bears in person? 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

1 hour ago, Bear said:

You'll have to be more specific 

Oh sorry, when I searched it on duckduckgo earlier the first thing I saw was this
"adapted over time (as by selective breeding) from a wild or natural state to life in close association with and to the benefit of humans"

but now looking, the top given definitions and the ones on google are the "animal that human like <33" definitions

Basically, wild animals "that grew up around humans" still mentally work like wild animals and can basically kill someone at a moment's notice despite previously being friendly

Edited by Luminesce

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

That's the different between tame/d animals (used to being around humans, perhaps doing tricks) and domesticated. Elephants and squirrels can be tamed, but elephants and squirrels aren't domesticated. Most farm animals are domestic breeds, although wild species exist for most. There's very few wild horses anymore, though. But Bighorn sheep are wild, while most sheep are domestic. 

The word "tame" has origins in meaning "subdue", while the "dom" in "domestic" indicates "house." 

A quick google says: 

Taming is the conditioned behavioral modification of a wild-born animal when its natural avoidance of humans is reduced and it accepts the presence of humans, but domestication is the permanent genetic modification of a bred lineage that leads to an inherited predisposition toward humans.

Even domestic animals need to be tamed, usually within a certain early window of life for best results- feral animals are the result of domestic animals not being tamed. This is important to remember because even "domestic" animals (I typically see this with hamsters and pet mice) must be tamed- you can't expect them to just be cuddly. It took me about a month to tame either of my hamsters, i.e., get them to not fear me and to feel safe crawling on me, letting me hold/handle them, pet them, etc. If you never put that work in, or you wait too long, or you're mean to them somehow (loud noises, grabbing/being too rough), you end up with a bite-y, mean, feral hamster. And sometimes they just legitimately are antisocial. I've never seen it with a hamster, and rarely with a dog, but once in a while, you'll find cats that legitimately have some sort of personality disorder without any medical cause or known trauma, and they aren't friendly to humans in the slightest. 

Where's my line break? I miss my line. Ope, there it is. 

How many tulpas can stand on a needle's point? 

Our Thread

Whooah, how'd you put NEXT PAGE buttons in your post?

NEXT PAGE 

also nice post #1337

What the heck? 

On the editor, the Page button (right to the left of the Font button) makes the long line across the whole field, which I like to use as a break between talking about different things. 

image.thumb.png.5a3703eb86eda4e3b4f95565a7ce8d33.png

Our Thread

Interesting mechanic! There are some plusses and minuses to this new forum.

So we're back to Space Engineers and we are playing under the constraint of no save scumming. In our first outing we managed to get Bear to stop barging in and as we remembered, the body feels like Bear when he's not there, so we accused him of interfering when it was the body OS actually doing the mining, that was interesting. We're planetside with a mod that nerfs the backpack. There's another mod to add random hostile encounters and we installed a mod to cause the ore to be more sparce but with bigger veins and much deeper, so finding the material to make ammo or upgraded weapons is much harder.

We almost ate it because we ran out of power and barely had enough materials to make a solar cell to jumpstart the generator/fuel cell. Even though we had fuel, they wouldn't start without power. -.-

We made it even though if we had died, the medical bay wasn't powered and we wouldn't have been able to respawn, which is allowed, but we can't reload, so that would have been a really fast loss and Bear would have full rights to say 'I told you so.' This comming from a guy who couldn't survive without reloading for an hour straight.

[Bear] again, I'm surprised how careful they are and their only trouble was when body OS took over and nearly killed them by running out of fuel and getting stuck, which even I wouldn't have done. Apparently we've played this game so much that the body can pretty much do some of the actions on autopilot. 

[Ashley] it really felt like Bear was doing it and I really wanted to blame him, but he was seriously in watcher and didn't even respond when we ran out of fuel. If he was in tulpa position he would have definitely said something. 

[Bear] it was interesting to watch.