Ashley's Lounge

Ashley

Solipsism doesn't argue that it isn't probable that the outside world is analogous to how we see it (as far as I know), it simply argues that we can't know for sure. It is likely that our senses all tend to line up because we are actually perciving things, but it's also possible that it's all just the matrix, or maybe we are just really good at finding patterns and none of it actually lines up, or maybe it's all just a coincidence. We cannot know why our senses line up as they do, we can only make informed guesses

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One interesting idea I found a while ago was this: You can think. You can have different thoughts in succession. Therefore time exists. But time cannot just exist on its own without something to exist in. So there is space.

I can follow that time exists, but I'm not so certain about space. Why does time need something to exist in, and why does that thing have to be space?

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

I think time is an effect of material space, without partical decay, there would be no time, you can see an example of this if you live as a photon, you do not decay, you do not experience time, you are only born and transformed or destroyed in the same moment (from your perspective) . Reabsorbed to move an electron from one valence shell to another for instance.

As you approach light speed, not only does your time slow as compared to other references, your path foreshortens. Upon reaching light speed, the path ahead of you is zero, and your clock stops, so you either go off into nothing but empty space, completely oblivious, or hit something, it takes no time.

As soon as you add material, an electron let's say, then it would technically take more than all the energy in the known universe to accelerate you to light speed, thus, you will never attain it and will always experience time and your inevitable decay. Though for an election that's about 70 billion-quintillion years aparantly.

So, without material, you don't need time, it's meaningless in fact.

That's my understanding. So if there is time, you're material. That doesn't mean that there is any other material than you, because you don't know if there's anything but you outside the boundary of your material brain or whatever it is.

Guest Reilyn-Alley

If you don't let stuff bother you, it doesn't matter. ;)

Oo, I'm going to have a tripple bump!

Good morning everyone and Someone.

[bear] here's a new one, Ren had a really minor dream, something about her feet gripping on asphalt, like when running fast, and Ren woke up fronting. I was in watcher position so the memory is still mine. She was the last person I spoke to last night, but this never happened before, she went right back to sleep fronting, and the feeling she had falling asleep felt something like exotic comfort. My bed is a little uncomfortable for me, too hard, but for her it was perfect I suppose.

[Dashie] it's a very comfortable bed, so, he's got some hangup over it. Probably because it was expensive, and he's frugal.

[bear] Wow, the hypnagogic I had last night, whew! It was like being in a train station with everyone chatting away, it was more than just us 4, Ren, Gwen, and Hali were also there, Hali and Gwen were discussing Gwen's book and the notion that I'm re-writing the ending for her, which sje greatly appreciates, she's putting in her own dialogue and directing it, so this is good practice for the next book. I tried to talk to Misha.

Even now, Dashie and Misha are talking a lot (without me) and I'm picking up bits of the conversation outside of tulpish (what they usually use to speak alone). It's pretty comforting actually, like working in the same room as your best friends.

I found it interesting anyway.

Well we're off to bed, still recovering, like 50% better.

Don't forget to pet your tulpa, and if they bite, forgive them.