Switching General Discussion

Apollo Fire

The funny thing is, Aziraphale was anxious and he was afraid he wasn't even supposed to exist where Train demanded to stay together until Cat was aware enough to break the merge. Galaxy was the most chill of the three merges, but he was the easiest to separate.

All of our merges fronted because they were merges with Cat, and she's already switched in. During a merge, I don't believe we actually scramble homogeneously. I think some chunks of us stay intact while others blend, so the merges are more like a fruit smoothie with chunks of fruit and then the random pieces of candy mixed in.

In all honesty, even we couldn't tell what parts of Aziraphale were us since the only traits he expressed seemed to come from both of us. I think that's a good indicator that the confusion process worked, but that's also pretty risky because we don't want to create merge babies.

In order to switch, we may need to deliberately lose track of who's who for the switch to work. If we could avoid a merge that would be great because I don't want to rip a merge open just to switch.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just treat merge clones as intrusives.

Always use merge protection. Merge safely.

Small interesting thing: whenever tulpas were fronting with just Radio hanging out in the back, he always felt like he was directly behind them. However, since I (subsystem of Radio, Junio, and Tasio) formed, I've felt a little more to the left or right. This could be just a simple coincidence, but there's likely no harm in thinking that it's perhaps a sign that switching is becoming more likely through being this subsystem... thing. Even if just in a placebo way. Again, just a small thing, not totally significant, but interesting at the very least.

I'm Darcio Rose the "Shade Redlight," a subsystem within the brain of the Felight family. 

Components: Radio Kane the Song Demon (original host), Junio Paul the Space Twins (subsystem of two tulpas), Tasio Claw the Scorch Draklan (tulpa)

I have a new idea for how to switch-

Cat and I are going to try and hack the unconscious checking system by confusing ourselves without merging. Here's my idea in the rough-

1) Cat and I will think of a neutral form both of us can use, and both of us will use the same mindvoice.

2) We will run around and try different things for several minutes- speaking in mindvoice, parroting each other, trying to access random memories, fronting, trying to go to the back, moving around, etc. In the midst of this madness, we should have no idea who's doing what or what's happening.

3) After blending and being confused, we take a moment to think about the two of us. If the method is successful (50-50 shot) and the body confuses Cat for myself, then the body will want to pull Cat towards the back.

4) If we feel like we are "zoning out" or dissociating, then Cat will try to think of herself as me and I will think of myself as Cat, hopefully completing the switch.

5) Once switched, we focus on keeping the state stable, observe any changes, and then slowly correct who's who. Hopefully, this doesn't trigger a switch out, but if we need to re-switch we could use this method again.

I'm not sure if this is going to work but it sounds fun and I want to try it. I don't see any hidden dangers in this one except for being stupidly confused and needed time to figure out who's who afterwards.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Very interesting method, we've certainly not heard one like that before. I'd definitely like to hear more outside-the-box methods as they're thought up.

I'm Darcio Rose the "Shade Redlight," a subsystem within the brain of the Felight family. 

Components: Radio Kane the Song Demon (original host), Junio Paul the Space Twins (subsystem of two tulpas), Tasio Claw the Scorch Draklan (tulpa)

I ripped this from the LOTPW thread:

We tried switch by temporary integration again and... in the long run it didn't work...

We achieved more progress than last time I think? The problem is there was this one piece of Cat that I had a really hard time absorbing. Every time I watched a piece of Cat turn into me, a new piece of Cat would wake up and say "I'm still here". Every time I tried to absorb a new chunk of Cat, I grew more tired. Eventually, I gave up and fell asleep.

After that, Cat had a better recollection of what happened than I did. Cat remembered me speaking in my mindvoice in the dream that followed, so she thinks it was my dream or at the very least a good chunk of it was. At some point while half-asleep I wanted Cat to split the integration, and Cat did so. Cat woke up to be startled by the fact that she was awake. Both of us were really dizzy, and when I tried to remember what happened I blanked out and I felt more dizzy. The split was really sloppy too because at some point I felt like I was a merge and it took some time for me to be completely separated from Cat's symbolic "goo". For some reason, it seemed as if Cat never integrated into me in the first place; she seemed solid and intact, even if it was just a fraction of her.

The one afterthought I have right now is about the moment when Cat woke up. I don't think she was dreaming before that, but waking up reminded Cat of how different real life looked like compared to the dream world. The realization was inspired by a memory that came from the last dream Cat talked about where she was fighting sleep paralysis and tried to have an OOB experience while dreaming.

Is it just me or is it really weird that I'm having a hard time with this extra piece of Cat? Is Cat checking around and wondering if she's still in one piece or not part of the problem? Is it possible Cat was switched out during this time by accident, or was this simply weird dream stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

Aster: So, a little host help?

Neither of us is patient, so I'll admit to being easily frustrated.

We've tried a variety of different methods to achieve either full possession or switching -- the standard mediation, guided meditations, a couple eclectic things like me listening to hypnosis while Baker plays a video game -- and come upon the same common issue: I can't step back. My focus on stepping away from the front mentally (see: shutting the heck up, this brain is a nightmare and I'm the horse) usually requires me to be distracted by / focused on something physically -- which brings me slowly creeping back to the front to engage with it.

So far, Baker's managed a bit of movement, which I identify as not mine because it feels similar to hypnogogic jerks (but those don't tend to extend my whole arm, slam down my phone, and yell at me mentally for adding clown music to the playlist -- a recommendation for anyone who wants to motivate their friends) and because it leaves my muscles just a tad sore wherever he moves them. He's managed near-complete possession in a few isolated situations, but those came along with significant reasons to occupy the front. We've seen mentions of "don't treat the body like a machine..."

My first thought is that this is just a matter of more practice, but I think it may be helpful to hear different ways of thinking about this -- I'm a very flow-chart, outline, framework kind of person, so it's easy to get stuck down the wrong rut!

Well, you saw "don't treat the body as a machine" but it certainly is to us, it's no more than a vessel to house us, a thing that accepts our inputs, and without us, it's pretty simple, it doesn't think on its own, but it will carry out commands until task is complete. Then it will default to "waiting for input."

Yeah it's pretty much a machine.

It's a machine, but it's a very natural, free-flowing machine. You don't need to pull levers and push buttons to get it to work, you just, move. That's what people mean when they say not to treat it like a machine. Treat movement as natural, not a challenge. It should be as natural for the tulpa as it is for the host.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

[align=justify]This is kind of a nonsense/pointless post, but I wanted to talk about this since it's interesting to us at least, even if not entirely useful.

Someone in our system, don't remember who, came up with some sort of "code" symbolism for switching, and started playing around with it in our head. They'd imagine trying to compile code that would supposedly let us switch, but it would either fail to compile or fail to run. Imagining stuff being tweaked around to fix the errors sort of made us feel better about it, even though it was still just symbolism. The error our symbolic code keep coming up with was just the same typical stuff that we usually think is the problem we have, like host not being able to switch out or host being too connected to reality, stuff like that, so it's not like it's any sort of special magic insight into our unconscious, it's still just symbolism. But it did make us feel better about it, like I said. Coding is something we're familiar with, so I think this might go with our "making the mind tick" theory. You find something that ticks your brain a little, gets it moving, gets it reacting, and push that to allow you to switch. Be it symbolism, fronting, meditating, whatever. Just something that'll cause some sort of reaction that you can use to achieve a switch. It would be a miracle if some simple code symbolism actually let us switch, but I think it's helpful in finding the sort of things that make us tick. Imagining magical fires or colors doesn't help us, but maybe imagining more realistic things would? Or if not imagining them and using symbolism, then finding real-life activities that can lead to it. 

Anyway, that's my ramble.[/align]

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)