Analysis of the Tulpa Creepypasta

Knapp

And I suppose it was mildly entertaining as well, so.

Hurray!

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when you think about it, going in blindly, he raised his tulpa in a negative environment, with lots of negative stimuli (e.g. the "discordant, ugly and unsettling,... music, punctuated with shrieks, feedback loops, what sounded like an old school modem dialing up, and guttural voices speaking some foreign language...", being locked in a room with people watching for Six hours a day, secluding himself from family, friends, and society in general, etc., etc…) So it only makes sense that the Tulpa came out with a negative personality… But that's just my two sense… :/

I took interest in ponies because humans are stupid.

I personally am conflicted about the story.

I read it a looong time ago, and like most of what I read, it creeps back into the forefront of my mind months or years later, and I think about it again for a while. I was drawn to the information in this story, and like a few others here, it actually got me doing research once I really thought about it.

But painting a tulpa that was basically treated like property in a negative light isn't just heartless, it carpet bombs the minds of the ignorant with the thought that tulpae are inherently bad. I've seen this happen with lucid dreaming and astral projection en mass. I mean, just look up the words "sleep paralysis" on youtube and you can find some BS story of some guy being visited by a demon and being unable to move.

The creepypasta in question brings new information to light in which inquisitive minds can harvest and use for their benefit.

It also brings to light information that is viewed by less inquisitive minds as all sorts of negative adjectives.

Ultimately, I feel it does more harm than good.