How do I play chess with a tulpa?

Or how do you do any other activity, that requires from tulpa use your eyes and look for oneself? E. g. choosing an item in shop, playing any game like chess, checkers.

I just realized that it's definetely more complicated than it seemed to be.

When it's my turn, I always have to look all the entire board to check for the best opportunities for the next move. And when it's her turn, it's like she can see only what I'm currently seeing, and you can't just see all the chess pieces while looking at one point, you're constantly moving your eyes all around the board.

Should I give her possesing my eyes? Or should we learn switching just to play chess, haha? There gotta be an easier way.

Any 1v1 game is going to be difficult because you both share the same brain. In a game like chess, both of you will hear each other's thoughts the entire time, and as a result strategy becomes pretty meaningless and it boils down to either luck or poor hindsight.

When I possess the body, I can see what my host sees. I don't have my own "camera" I can take with me outside the body and view the chess board with.

Even with switching, both of you can still remember the last player's move. That becomes... pretty lame honestly.

Playing a cooperative game and experimenting with co-fronting may be more rewarding. However, I recommend that Caroline becomes more comfortable with possession first.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Any 1v1 game is going to be difficult because you both share the same brain. In a game like chess, both of you will hear each other's thoughts the entire time, and as a result strategy becomes pretty meaningless and it boils down to either luck or poor hindsight.

When I possess the body, I can see what my host sees. I don't have my own "camera" I can take with me outside the body and view the chess board with.

Even with switching, both of you can still remember the last player's move. That becomes... pretty lame honestly.

Playing a cooperative game and experimenting with co-fronting may be more rewarding. However, I recommend that Caroline becomes more comfortable with possession first.

Yeah, you're definetely right, I didn't think about that it's quite meaningless. However, she can't hear my thoughts unless I share them with her, I always hear her thoughts, and there's no way for her to get over it, unless I've got another mental illness

Yeah, you're definetely right, I didn't think about that it's quite meaningless. However, she can't hear my thoughts unless I share them with her, I always hear her thoughts, and there's no way for her to get over it, unless I've got another mental illness

It's possible she isn't hearing your thoughts when she's dormant / asleep. If you wake her up and force her again, she will hear your thoughts. This is also normal.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

It's possible she isn't hearing your thoughts when she's dormant / asleep. If you wake her up and force her again, she will hear your thoughts. This is also normal.

It's ok for me and for her to have some thoughts I do not want to share with her, while she's active.

I didn't have this problem when I played Monopoly against Amantha, or took her with shopping. Information is relay'd from me to her, making things rather easy. She never seemed to have any problems with not being able to notice something. If she wants me to do something or wants me to have a better look at something, she can always ask me to do so, and she'll be able to "see" it as soon as I see it.

We don't recommend chess though. Besides the board and pieces, we were both able to see each other's possible moves, plans and ways to counter those, making the entire game a pain in the neck. That pretty much lasted until my brain got tired of processing everything, pulling Amantha into dormancy.

Michen, host or "main" / Amantha, anthro arctic fox tulpa

Yeah, competing with them in any game that involves thinking moves ahead (such as chess) will generally be difficult to effectively do. It's not a problem with cooperative games at all though.

Yo, my name is Sean and I'm the host of 2 tulpas: Sente and Mae. You'll know when they're talking because Sente talks in yellow text and Mae talks in blue text.

Unless you me and play chess without thinking ahead at all. It's mire fun to wing it imo.

For physically playing chess, yes, low level possession of the eye and neck muscles is probably the minimum standard for practical and convenient play, with the actual movement of pieces being proxied. Turning the board sideways is probably also helpful.

Chess is an open knowledge game. There isn't any hidden information, so playing while telepathically linked isn't nearly as much of a killer as it would be in, of say, poker. A good player would tend to pick up on your strategy anyway. In some systems, members do have the option of concealing thoughts from one another. I understand this is something that can be developed, though we've decided not to pursue it.

If you're concerned about your strategy being known to your opponent, that shouldn't matter with most eurogames, as player interaction is indirect and which strategy is best doesn't become clear until the end of the game. Any game with some form of randomness would also disrupt the value of foreknowledge.

Vesper and I only play games with other people, not with each other. Dominion was my favorite for years and now it's hers.

Iris and I play the Dresden Files Roleplaying Game together with an out-system GM. She plays herself, since that's where she came from originally, while I play her sister, a partner in a private investigation firm. We co-front, allowing us to speak out loud to one another and the GM's characters. And it is loads of fun.

-Ember

I'm not having fun here anymore, so we've decided to take a bit of a break, starting February 27, 2020. - Ember

Ember - Soulbonder, Female, 39 years old, from Georgia, USA . . . . [Our Progress Report] . . . . [How We Switch]

Vesper Dowrin - Insourced Soulbond from London, UK, World of Darkness, Female, born 9 Sep 1964, bonded ~12 May 2017

Iris Ravenlock - Insourced Soulbond from the Winter Court of Faerie, Dresdenverse, Female, born 6 Jun 1982, bonded ~5 Dec 2015

'Real isn't how you are made,' said the Skin Horse. 'It's a thing that happens to you.' - The Velveteen Rabbit